All survivors already upgraded to max

Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
However equipment isn't, so either a blanket upgrading weekend with reduced xp, or a council upgrade first would turn this event into a useful one. As it is, it's completely pointless to myself, and I suspect quite a sizeable proportion of the player base.
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
Lightfeetshakhid

Comments

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Last weekend was good to upgrade my stragglers, but I'd have saved the xp and upgrading for this weekend if I'd have known........ ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    ggbats
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2016
    @zoson is the reduced cost for instant upgrades with gold only and I only have 7 survivors needs upgraded from lvl [email protected] 10 to 18 lol
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @Ovidmikel No idea unfortunately. We'll need NG to clarify for us. The only information I have is what's available to you. The early information the CC's were given was actually even less than what was posted here in the announcement section.
    Ovidmikel
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Ya need XP more for gear then survivors these days anyways & any survivors that matter I've already got at 18, but as far as events go kinda learned that u can't win them all lol. Last weekend event was great but couldn't take full advantage of it either like I usually do, but that's the way the cookie crumbles lol
    ggbats[Deleted User]
    @zoson OK thanx someone had posted that you posted that it was only reduced gold for instant upgrade ( unless I misunderstood ) I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth and don't remember who even posted it so y'all forgive me if i misunderstood lol well find out when it starts for sure
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Ovidmikel if the survivors upgrade only takes 5 seconds, who would need to spend gold to hurry it up?
    Ovidmikel
    edited May 2016
    @NCDawgFan I havent got a definite answer I read the announcement and thought it was reduced price to upgrade in 5 seconds or instant one but I seen a post and then I THINK NOW they said soson had posted it was only reduced price if uyou used gold and wouldn't be reduced price if you used xp I may have totally misunderstood I had around 800k of xp and was gonna save it till tommorow to utilize the the reduced price is why I was so interested in finding out I asked soson and he said he also wasn't clear and we would have to get a definite answer from ng
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I take it to mean reduced gold cost for instant upgrade. This is usually done when you don't have enough XP. When you do this, it does not use XP.
    As you know, buying XP with gold is outrageously expensive & I doubt this will be reduced but it would be cool if so. Because then you could tap the Train button and then buy the balance of XP needed at reduced price.
    Back from 2016 :p
    ggbats
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    make more calls, get more survivers to upgrade :)
    Invader
    @shabba The problem people are discussing is not having enough survivors, it's lacking enough XP to upgrade them. Many players have a lot of survivors waiting to be upgraded already.
    Weg
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I think @shabba 's point is: if you get new survivors, you can scrap some of the old ones to get some (granted not enough) XP to upgrade them and the upgrade can happen quickly. The first few levels usually aren't too awful.
    I take the point, but with few radios the chances of pulling another legendary hunter/shooter/warrior are infinitesimal!
    I need to upgrade gear (min 600k xp required for first upgrade), not survivors.
    [Deleted User]
    hey, i'm always on the wall with @Amiga to claim better xp economy, but this is a luxury problem, if all your survivers are upgraded, then you don't have a weekend event, thats not so bad, others also missed a weekend event. But you are one of the 0.001% in this position.
    Plz don't forget that NG does not have to give us weekend events, however we are gratefull for them, when we can use them.
    @shabba
    Yeah, you're right fella. I just had a knee-jerk flounce cos of an earlier thread calling for an increased xp weekend.
    Reading this forum though, I honestly thought there were a lot more players unable to go any further until the next council upgrade unlocking the L19 upgrade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    edited May 2016
    @Neil_J lvl 46 or 47 here and nowhere close to having 25% of my survivors maxed. I won't be able to utilize this event simply because I don't have 500k of XP to upgrade my newest legendary to 18.
    I could upgrade some of the others but I don't use them anyways.
    @bgbelden
    I have 16 survivors, all maxed as far as council will allow. Some are maxed at 17, some at 18 and some will go to 19 which is why a council upgrade would nicely go hand-in-hand with this weekend's event - along with the long-promised xp fix.
    Now update 1.9 is on the horizon, let's hope the promised xp improvement comes with it.
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited May 2016
    @Neil_J XP improvement with 1.9 is highly appreciated, but it's too early for the next council lvl.
    NCDawgFan
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    No council upgrade yet please, way to early for most of us
    NCDawgFan
    they could however do something about people full on tomatoes, like the topic about converting tomatoes to xp or anything.
    NCDawgFan
    edited May 2016
    If there is to be a council upgrade in 1.9 then it's already done because it's being released soon. I understand how adding to the end game affects some people like the way being "forced" to play Challenges affects people, but it's too late to ask to not make something that would already be made and planned for inclusion.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @theRealBender it's never too late. Just comment it out of the code. Make it a config setting to enable it.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

theRealBenderTheLostOnes
    @imfgunnut. I do t know a thing about how they do these games but I know when everyone complained about Morgan's staff over night they changed it to a completely different weapon or not a different weapon but alot different so they apparently can change without to much hassle if they want too
    ggbats
    @Ovidmikel true story

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Ovidmikel
    Well, just hoping they remembered the changes to xp they promised in 1.9.........
    It was definitely promised by @Amiga

Also by @Teeceezy, I'm 99% certain.
    I think @eetu said it was coming, but declined to estimate a timeframe.

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited May 2016
    I don't want you guys to be disappointed it, but I was promised a rose garden.. Oh wait.

I heard they're fixing XP BUT we lose the tents.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Ovidmikel