Returning rifle bundles as items will not be as previously described

NG devs.Since a lot of guys in our guild purchased the rifle bundles,can we return them for a refund? Since you are downgrading them they are not going to be as fit for purpose as when we bought them.l go back to my previous statement....lf you bought a fridge freezer and filled it with frozen food,an engineer pops round,removes part of your freezer and tells you its to improve the fridge but your freezer no longer works as well and your frozen food is wasted.....you are going to want a refund
Lightfeet[Deleted User]zosonBuckzz

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    Haha, nice try! :#

The rifles as such will not be nerfed and thus your argumentation is wrong.

Only a slight amendment to the class will come.
  • LegionnairesLegionnaires Member Posts: 24
    The -1 grid cell reduction IMO is uncalled for.Some of us that hit for stars are happy with our methods of killing.Sorry guys...love the game but think this will turn a lot of die hard paying survivors into casual ones.lt created 20 of us with that mindset as soon as the announcement was made :(
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited May 2016
    I don't think that's an accurate analogy but I get your point. I also doubt they will refund cash but maybe do something else?
    .. and I don't think the hunter change reduces its viability with using rifles. You still want the best rifles possible, and hunters still have their advantages.

I bought one of those rifles too and this nerf does irritate me
    Back from 2016 :p
    LOL,really not bothered about refund,but it has hit the guild hard after the time,money and effort put into the rifles.Can l claim that it was meant to kill at 100 yards but only hits 80? Would that not qualify for refund :)
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    This is terrible timing based on the plethora of negativity toward NG to reduce the effectiveness of brand new rifles sold just one week ago. Hunters are by far the preferred survivor class with high level players. Who really cares that they made improvements to scouts and bruisers, by far the most useless classes of survivors????
    Ovidmikel[Deleted User]
  • GMrazzGMrazz Member Posts: 18
    This is their MO. You can not rely on the value of purchases. We should just stop buying stuff and just casually play. Who cares if you get maxed out or are at a high level?
    InspTurbines[Deleted User]
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    While I don't personally think the one grid reduction is that damaging, I can understand that users with a heavy hunter rotation, who have spent cash on weapons might feel a little cheated. When balancing classes it seems like it would be more well received by the community to increase the underclassed, without decreasing the "overpowered."
    InspTurbinesOvidmikel[Deleted User]sligoem
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I think the plan is to make scouts and bruisers more useful. Not sure why they are reducing the hunters, other than to even things out.
    @Dale there is nothing they can do to make a bruiser or scout as valuable as a hunter or shooter. I will use a ranged survivor with 100% interrupt and no bruiser or scout will have the slightest chance, one grid reduction or not.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Good point
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Dale

It's much ado about nothing...like anything new they announce the overreaction on the first day is of epic proportions...my guess is 99% of the people complaining will still be playing even after the new update comes out
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    [Deleted User]InspTurbinesOnyxMadPuppyTheLostOnes
    I like you comment about trying to level the playing field. My thought is few high level players would buy any scout or bruiser bundle because we rarely use them. If they can somehow make them useful, they get more potential sales.
    Our guild has already chosen to drop out of top 50 and become casual Guild.No more purchases lm afraid :/
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    To say Rifles were not Nerfed is an incorrect statements. If a Hunters offensive capability is reduced, in this scenario by the transitive property so is the offensive weapon. used because there is no grid trait with a hunter rifle, that characteristic is inherited by the survivor.. The weapon itself has not been diminished, but its effectiveness has because of its connection.
    Anyway I don't think I will even notice.
    And all and all I think they did ok. Playing Games a long time, and the worst thing you can do is mess with someones toon. Especially when a player develops a strong connection to theirs.
    If we want to use the Mercedes analogy that has been flying around. if you were to purchase brand new awesome tires that have been hard to find for the longest time for you nice Mercedes, these tires make the Mercedes just awesome. But they are offered for a limited time only. Then Mercedes does a recall and says that they need to re-engineer the johnson rod. This recall then makes the tires not perform as well as they did before. The tires have not changed, and you can't put those tires on your BMW.
    SlickRickOvidmikel
    @DangerB

I'm sure we'll notice some...they can't make that change (no matter how small) to the most popular class without it having an effect...but I doubt people will be rushing to retire their top hunters

P.S. I hate it when they re-engineer your Johnson rod
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Ovidmikel
  • @DangerB can you use common man analogies like Ford, Chevy, Honda.
    Some rich guys can't drive his car that cost more than the house I rent, well I'm not feeling it.
    Just saying if I had a Beamer (Legendary lvl 18 hunter) I'd be happy with the tires (rifle) that I had.
    SlickRicktheRealBender
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    In my opinion, the best analogy would be to other MMO/TCG games, where "balance" can involve nerfs to some & buffs to others. It's related to a concept of power-creep in games...

I love my Hunters, and use them in everything. This is just one grid cell reduced. Fine. Hunters will still be used. And I'd imagine that if most players were really given the option, they wouldn't actually want any refunds for their rifles, lol.
    SlickRick
    If they had not told us, I doubt I would notice. Something would seem off, but I probably would not tell.
    Damage is the same, i.e. my car will go as fast just not quite as far.
    Like I said I think they handled the toon balancing well. It is a very tricky thing to do
    @bgbelden I just used the Mercedes because in other topics that is the object of their analogy. But we all know how some people feel about me not buying American cars, am I right
  • German is fine, my Toyota is made in America unlike American cars made in Mexico and Canada
    ggbats
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2016
    @SlickRick I like that ng is trying g to balance the classes and make scouts more usable. But nerfing the most popular class even a small nerf imo not the way to go about it. The change assaults seems like a good thing I hate shooting 5 walkers e time killing them all then the next only 1 lol the scout change I don't think is gonna make a big diff the being able move an extra grid does nothing to keep them from being hung out to dry in a crowd of walkers giving them guaranteed swift strike when charged or when charged be able to attack then retreat out of harm's way would be a game changer there charge ability now is not significant because after the kill you get killed or damaged several but I don't have to tell you that lol
    SlickRick
  • @DangerB I just meant rich people analogies don't go over well.
    I don't drink wine but if my bottle of 1867 Chatteu de la shit doesn't taste as good as my bottle of 1867 Chatteu du ru goop, who am I to complain. Most people get their wine from a box
    ggbats
    You have an '67 de la shit, that was a good year
    ggbats[Deleted User]
    @SlickRick I bet @PimpOfTheDead would notice immediately lol he likes the lineup kills someone else already said it but it does make the gold large bore ebenore desirable he may even change his mind with this change lol
    SlickRick
    @Ovidmikel

I think they're trying to make both bruiser and scout classes more usable...I know plenty of people who never use bruisers or scouts...since I already do to a certain degree I don't really care either way

I'm the type where I don't get riled up too high or too low when they make changes...because I know I'm going to keep playing regardless and they're not going to undo a change if I don't like it...so I just roll with it and strategize once the change is implemented...lends itself to more happiness.

And I don't know what @PimpOfTheDead will think...I know we're pretty similar so I doubt he'll get in a huff about it either...and I already use hunter without wide bore and one with it...I doubt 1 grid will change my philosophy but we'll see I guess :)
    SistersOfDaryl_Gaga
    My issue is not with the severity of the nurf, just the timing. Sell me a great rifle one week and make it less effective the next. Not cool.
    edited May 2016
    @SlickRick yeah I'm gonna play on and I agree the change isn't gonna be that noticeable I play the game to kill time relax and take my mind off real life things I only get riled up when I do stupid things like farm to far and get creamed by the lvl 23s lol but that's a good riled up that I laugh at myself about. Although the time I lost my team in the deadly was traumatizing lol getting low lvl leg gear is my pet peave but I know that is what actually makes the game fun because if you got what you wanted at every turn there would be no excitement and nothing to keep you searching lol
    SlickRick
    @SlickRick the day I pull a leg hunter will be like a kid getting what he wanted on Xmas morning lol the epics I pulled had me smiling ear to ear lol
    SlickRick
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @NCDawgFan

But the update isn't out yet, only an announcement of the upcoming change. But you touched upon a valid point related to 'perception,' and in this case, the customer perception after a rifle bundle sale. If NG had just held-off on announcing the change for a little longer after the rifles sales, it might've eased the discontent for some people. But, the end result would still be the same.
    NCDawgFan
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I dont even have bruisers or scouts. Perhaps with the next radio event I wont simply dismiss them all.
    Ovidmikelggbats