WTG NextGames

I obviously have no problem criticizing a game dev when they do wrong (in my opinion) but I try to be just as quick to commend when they get it right.

And the new package is just that, or at the very least a step in the right direction. Cheap ($3), upper end of the gold scale (lowest package is 100g/$ and highest is 140g/$, this bundle clocks in at 133g/$), a few phones, a character slot, and a legendary Scout weapon (assume it's not just a coincidence it has the scout icon and I got a Scout weapon). The gold and weapon make the bundle baseline worthy, the slot/phones make it a sweet deal. The low price makes it accessible to most if not all of the player base.

Very well done. Put up a deal like that every week, especially if you rotate classes and weapon/armor, and I will buy it every time ... at least until I am fully stocked heh. Hell, make it so like when I purchased Rick's revolver it showed up again next day and I just might buy each of them twice! :smiley:

Now if you could just address the ridiculous gold costs we use that gold for, this would be a very good thing. Over 4300 gold to train a lvl 17 survivor, really? That's basically a $40 charge to go up *one* level, I wouldn't pay that much to fully train a legendary all 10 of their levels, c'mon now ... just go into the training grounds and workshop, cut all gold costs to 1/20 what they are now and that would be a start, might need additional tweaking.
mongo911ggbatsOvidmikeltheRealBenderzosonmcbkhicks

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    Best package is 160 gold/$
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Ovidmikelzoson
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    Not unless they changed it - last i looked top package was 14k gold for $100. Unless you're referring to the occasional mega bundle they offer up as a 3 day special? I'm basing it on the established prices in the shop that are available every day.
    Based on Big Radio Bundle. It is limited time only, but I get the offer every 2-3 days.

Never a reason to buy at higher rates, so I base value calculations on that rate.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @lmfgunnut

I asked NG to rename that bundle in my honor...no response yet :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    masmith93Ovidmikel
    @SlickRick they should! I've bought quite a few myself, but I'm definitely lagging behind.

SlickRickTheLostOnes
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    If you include the 'value' of the radios, it's 210/$. Although the value of radios is insanely inflated.
    @zoson. I disregard the radios. They need to change them to 5g a pop. But you are right for anyone that would buy a radio with gold.

I figure 140g/$ as the base, the minimally acceptable marker - the rest of the bundle is what makes it a yea/nay for me. Bundling 400g with a legendary weapon plus some phones made it acceptable, the additional slot and low cost made it a "must buy" for me.
    @zoson

I consider the radios to be like a toy in a happy meal...they serve a purpose for a short bit but they have nothing to do with why I buy the bundle
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Degreaser
    lmfgunnut said:

@zoson. I disregard the radios. They need to change them to 5g a pop. But you are right for anyone that would buy a radio with gold.

I save them up until we get a Survivor weekend. I go through enough exploration missions that usually I have 300+ radios waiting, but that's because we have to wait 2-3 months between them. >.<
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited May 2016
    @zoson @SlickRick @lmfgunnut

Agree that the radios as well as the scrap weapon could be excluded from the calculation, but I would definitely take the survivor slot into calculation instead and thus this bundle was worth abt. 266G per 1€/$, which is a more than fair rate imho.
    zoson
    @Lightfeet

I was talking about the radios in the Big Radio Bundles that I buy all the time...sorry about the confusion.

The $2.99 special bundle was a great deal imo
    zosonTheLostOnes