Comprehensive 1.9 Update Thread (UPDATED)

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @EL34xyz No, it will go from 50XP to only 1XP per kill for lvl10 Zombies.

This change has been postponed and is not yet implemented in the game. (i.e. farming is still possible)
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,839
    Ah, ok, not 1 XP per level, one XP total
    Got cha
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Ooo, I haven't come across the new reward for 15 challenge stars yet. Yes, 30 gold would keep that one from being scrapped in favor of extra Guild stars. I'm hanging on to the Kill no walkers quest now too. :)
    SlickRickmcbkhicks
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Perdtin said:

Interesting.

First a couple of points, I do spend money on the game, but not a ton. Probably bought most bundles and I come from the approach of kicking in a few bucks now and again is entertainment for me and NG needs to feed the people.

Second, I passed on some recent things because of the cost - $2.99 and $4.99 I do not really think about, $9.99 and above I pause, coupled with the tremendous XPs required to upgrade things. I am sitting on hundreds of pieces of equipment that has not been upgraded at all, trying to just get a few pieces up there. And I did buy this recent $2.99 package even though it was for a scout :) Was happy on that one and NG making such offerings available, so I supported it.

Third, NG ain't going to please everyone all the time.

Fourth, people expressed excitement about these things

Fifth, until this is actually out and playable, it is unclear if it works or not. But since people can be excited ahead of time (Point Fourth), the other side is not wrong at this time :)

Sixth, the implementation of the Gas and XP booster can swing this completely. If it is something that you can do somewhat frequently at a reasonable cost, where you can acquire enough gold with going into pocket for the freemium players or with some cash if so inclined at a reasonable price (all of which is in the eye of the beholder) then the rest is not important. Basically if it is something that can be done every 10 days or so (for me) by just playing the game, seems to be a winner.

All that being said -

This pretty much is my feeling overall still. I think the XPs are still a bit messed up in all of this. I do understand that some people want to play fully for free for whatever reason, with the understanding the NG makes money on ads. But the boosters are so reasonably priced that (IMO) that it does take care of the XP a bit. NG did not take away the farming (yet) which is good and people can still crunch out XPs to proceed. And I do think it would not be a bad idea to maybe balance things a bit more for full free players.

The grind of farming was too much for me. I would rather grab the pair of boosters now and again when I feel like I am stagnating or find myself with whatever time for whatever reason to play a bit. The pricing falls squarely into my "cost of beer for fun now and again" concept and really can move things along.

I have voiced concerns from time-to-time on the board and still have issues with the game. But even just getting the gas once-in-awhile for $1.99 if people are feeling they are making no progress to me is worth it. I am not going to buy the $99.99 bundle of gold, but will go for the booster again when it works into my schedule. Playing for a couple of hours during the 24 can get you going well.

Again I am not saying people who do not spend money are wrong. and there are many who spend more than me, but this seems like the sweet spot for many. If NG added the ability to get these via some number of TGS for the full free players (albeit a good number of TGs which requires enough playing/ad views/ what not to get them) that may make everyone happy. (Well as much as that is possible ;) )

GreyWolf_IA
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,032
    zoson said:

Seems that many of the bad quest rewards are much improved now. 30g for 15 challenge stars actually make it mighty appealing.

I received 30 gold for successfully completing the "Take no injury" quest.

Are these the only 2 quests that pay out 30 gold?
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    SgtSalami
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    edited June 2016
    Watched a video to get more unlocks, hit "x" to close it, see bootscreen, back to the chests and no extra unlocks, no button to buy more if I wanted...

Disappearing buttons (and other graphic parts) seem to be a problem with more than just the "end turn".

Force closing the app didn't help...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
  • TheMajorTheMajor Member Posts: 6
    How is it an improvement removing Deadly missions? I enjoy stats and instead of cashing in a survivor after I want to get rid of them I kill them off for the memorial ground... Will this be available again?
    MadPuppy
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Dodkong
    so far I've had:
    complete exploration missions x3 10gold
    get challenge stars x15 30gold
    complete story missions x2 30gold
    use ranged team x3 10gold
    LadyAquila
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834

The reduced range on hunters is annoying and makes no sense. Rifles are supposed to have longer range. Give them their range back and add a grid to it, change their charge attack from instant critical to a 135 degree cone like a base line assault weapon, up to 5 targets. Makes more sense anyway and keeps better balance.

Want to make melee classes better? Let those that have Retaliate use it as many times per turn as the tier of their feat ... 1/2/3 times for bronze/silver/gold. Be even better if it were 75% damage at all tiers but would be fine if it stayed 25/50/75% as it is now.

Just my thoughts.

Just return to hunters one grid back! That will be enough and will make sense. Charge ability is fine and not OP or UP.

And retaliate more that once per turn - is good idea, I like that.
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    TheMajor said:

How is it an improvement removing Deadly missions? I enjoy stats and instead of cashing in a survivor after I want to get rid of them I kill them off for the memorial ground... Will this be available again?

How about instead retired survivors get added to the Memorial, along with a mention for having lived? This is something I've wanted, anyway ... a record of all those who have passed through my camp.

Then we could look at bringing back deadly missions but making them truly worth it - guaranteed gold card in first set of unlocks and increased number of random cards for the other 8 boxes. Would make deadly missions worth doing, you know?
    PR0DJ said:

Just return to hunters one grid back! That will be enough and will make sense. Charge ability is fine and not OP or UP.

In the case of swapping the critical for a cone attack I am thinking about making it more useful, not that the existing one is OP. A sideways conversion, not a step down or up, though still kinda a half step up, for some, if it's more useful.

What I would really like to see is survivors having secondary weapons. Would be awesome if my warrior could switch to a bat, my bruiser could switch to a pistol, or my hunter to an assault rifle (get that cone attack, no auto-critical). They just wouldn't be able to use their charge attacks while on their secondary weapon. Gives flexibility for the team under differing circumstances.

Even better, make the teams 4 people with 3 in play ... and *once* during the mission you can "tag out" someone, and they swap with the standby teammate. Just can't tag out someone who is bleeding or in a struggle - bandage them if bleeding of free them if struggling, then you can tag them out. That would be sweet. Especially if on challenge missions it only counted the three on the field towards "take no injury" and only one teammate gets injured ... tag them out right before you hit the endzone and save that third star. :D
    @DoTak

Just got the Do Not Kill Any Walkers quest for 30 gold.

So that makes 4 paying 30: challenge stars, no injury, story missions and no dead walkers. I wonder if challenge missions is also 30?
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    @Dodkong
    I don't know, but I kind of like this change. Most of the quest rewards were pretty lacklustre.
    SgtSalamiInvaderLadyAquila
    @DoTak
    Granted they were underwhelming, but they were freebies given by simply playing the game in certain way. I wasn't going complain about something free. But I do like the gold payout better.
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

SgtSalami
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    The new radio system is bugging me just now. I've made 5/15 calls on it so far, including the freebie 15 radios and have yet to see anything above Rare in the survivors offered! I thought maybe at least one epic to replace the Shooter I accidentally retired......... Doh!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Neil_J said:

The new radio system is bugging me just now. I've made 5/15 calls on it so far, including the freebie 15 radios and have yet to see anything above Rare in the survivors offered! I thought maybe at least one epic to replace the Shooter I accidentally retired......... Doh!

I retired epic shooter intentionally thinking I will pull another)))
    So I just waiting for radio event.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    edited June 2016
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up when using the double XP booster...there is a glitch where at times it doesn't appear you're getting the double XP from rewards crates

I used the booster for the past 5 days and it's like it only triggers the double XP if certain actions are taken after opening crates...the 2 actions I've seen that trigger it for sure are scrapping an item (if you get one) or clicking on the 25 gold to buy 3 more unlocks.

The problem you run into is if you get to the last 3 crates and you have no item to scrap or can't buy more locks...the only option there is to click "Continue" and that doesn't trigger the double XP (for those last 3 crates)

The mods have been notified here in this thread if anyone wants to chime in: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/11160/issues-with-doublexp-booster#latest
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    GhastlyPleasures
    Thanks for the heads up @SlickRick , appreciate the info especially since I'm preparing to go boost-mode on Sunday
    masmith93
    @DoTak

Anytime! Have fun buddy...it's a lot of fun :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    DoTak
    edited June 2016
    Another update regarding the double XP booster:

I'm taking a break from the boosters this weekend but I just checked with my brother and he said the same thing about the XP registering...after that last row of crates once you go back to camp and hit your tent or a walker at the wall carrying XP the correct amount will then get added to your total.

So at least it appears to be working okay and giving the proper double XP even if it is somewhat glitchy since you have to register additional actions to trigger it
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 281
    I have not had any legendary items from 500tg gold crate since the update
    MadPuppy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    Reeconn said:

I think that's just bad luck.

I had two and one of them is really good.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    I'm more curious as to why two legendary TG crates in a row I got the *exact* same item. A level 18 Scout armor, with the same 3 traits on it. What are the odds? If the next one has that same item again, I am going to pitch SUCH a fit, tellin ya ...

And no this wasn't on same day, was like a week apart from each other. Granted, I did need the armor, so I am not put out at this point. Just saying it had best have been a hiccup.
    PR0DJ
  • BananisimoBananisimo Member Posts: 7
    Hi.
    Thanks NG for the great game.
    I agree with the opinions about the hunters - the range is too low. We have invested a lot in them and you just crippled them with this update. Fix that please.
    PR0DJ
  • PpkPpk Member Posts: 19
    I didnt get the 24h of gas
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,823
    edited June 2016
    Reeconn said:

Same here. Only cans and xp so far...

Add to that:
    1. Since update I have played outposts less and less to the point I don't raid anymore now
    2. I have no more deadlies to play resulting in my playing the auxiliary missions less and less tot the point I don't play those anymore now
    3. I have play less challenge missions now, but continue to for the sake of my guild, but on the flip side, since playing them less and less since the update I no longer reach the utmost difficulty for my survivors on tuesday so am still doing a couple challenge missions even today (wootfuckinwootboring)
    4. Since I hardly play it will likely take months to upgrade even one survivor the the max so this game will last me well into the second century

Bear in mind that I was playing for many hours a day throughout the day every day, and even when waking up at night.

Conclusion: I'll likely quit this game eventually unless it get's changed again and turns more to my liking.
    Ppk said:

I didnt get the 24h of gas

u can buy it
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016

I'm more curious as to why two legendary TG crates in a row I got the *exact* same item. A level 18 Scout armor, with the same 3 traits on it. What are the odds? If the next one has that same item again, I am going to pitch SUCH a fit, tellin ya ...

And no this wasn't on same day, was like a week apart from each other. Granted, I did need the armor, so I am not put out at this point. Just saying it had best have been a hiccup.

When I was buying these things, I got 4 pieces of Armor in a row, and 3 of them were for Assaults. You can believe spending 30K TG to get just Armor did not make me happy, and even worse 75% of them were for one class? Very bad luck but It would be easy to make sure this doesn't happen to people and would encourage more high spending of TG.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Invader
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

When I was buying these things, I got 4 pieces of Armor in a row, and 3 of them were for Assaults.

My three trys resultet in a knife (no scout here), a pistol (which I had already) and armor (don´t know the class) which were all under my current survivor level :neutral: