Comprehensive 1.9 Update Thread (UPDATED)

Comments

• ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    This is a massive step in the right direction......( hopefully )
    AGirlHasNoNameMystique
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @mystique I had hoped they would add that in to more levels. was an awesome easter egg if nothing else though.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

MystiqueVerbaubTheLostOnes
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    SlickRick said:

I don't know what these 2 mean but they sound appealing...more gas and XP is always good:

- Get a Gas booster - free Gas for 24 hours
    - Get an XP booster - double XP for 24 hours

This looks interesting!!! Together with the extra XP scrapping upgraded gear. Sweet!!!

It looks like NG did a great job.

Making your inventory grow to 300... Why...???
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited May 2016
    @raton I *think* those would be videos to help lower level players. I.E. Learn about the new survivor class as you unlock them.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    SlickRickraton[Deleted User]TheLostOnes
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    @Imfgunnut After experiencing the horror first hand I made sure I was more careful on all other maps after that.. Lol.. It was pretty scary. ;)
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    AndyMenshel
  • JuliaJulia Member Posts: 53
    Can someone please explain to me how xp's are gonna be earnt if after 75 walkers killed your dropping it to 1xp. I understand your trying to stop farming. But are there going to be other ways in which xp's can be earnt or won? Or is it one big con cos NG want us to spend even more money on gold? As that's the way I'm seeing this. I can't really complain about anything else. Radio tower sounds really exciting and gas that's won will be added to full tanks.
    OneLessTitanmcbkhicksGreyWolf_IA
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Julia

They're mainly trying to prevent cheating via auto-clicking with this

There appears to be much more XP to be gained now in different ways especially with the higher returns on scrapped gear
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • JuliaJulia Member Posts: 53
    @SlickRick
    Oh yes the scrappage return that does sound good. and with any update there's gonna be good with the bad. I'm looking forward to this update. I just hope it happens at night so I can sleep through the maintenance! I nearly went insane when the update before last went on for 13hrs! I hope we get a date soon. I also hope we don't have to pay for the gas and double xp booster. Overall it's looking great.
    SlickRickggbats
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @Teeceezy @eetu @OldGoth @TK-421
    @Overwatcher @anyone I missed ,

Thank you for listening to the players , much appreciated.
    SlickRickMystiquecorpseridder35
  • reichreich Member Posts: 18
    I get that everyone is happy with the 25% return ON UPGRADE COST . I don't know about the rest of you but I upgrade a very small amount of gear because of the cost and almost always pass it down to another survivor on the rare chance I pick up a better item. This to me translates into very little benefit to the players. Same amount of XP for scrapping all the stuff we don't want and haven't upgraded.
    mcbkhicksPR0DJJadenGreyWolf_IA
  • C_LloydC_Lloyd Member Posts: 209
    @Dale I have moved your post to the master update thread. As far as your question, I will have to look into clarification. Unless someone else has a clearer view than I do, feel free to post it :)
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    edited May 2016
    Julia said:

Can someone please explain to me how xp's are gonna be earnt if after 75 walkers killed your dropping it to 1xp. I understand your trying to stop farming. But are there going to be other ways in which xp's can be earnt or won?

I suspect the answer is we get to buy boosters but that is just a theory.
    C_Lloyd said:

@Dale I have moved your post to the master update thread.

Thanks. I posted before I saw the stickied thread.

Also to add to that. The better piece of gear I might pick up will cost far more to upgrade than the previous one that would become obsolete. The XP gained from scrapping probably wont cover the first upgrade of the new higher level gear.
    ggbatsmcbkhicksPutchucoPR0DJ
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    lmfgunnut said:

@thelostones that it will. autoclicking is dead. for the people who did it by hand, they might find this as a loss, but I think they will adapt.

The double xp booster sounds really cool. buy it for X gold every day? or is it a one time thing?

Gas booster sounds pretty intense too...hope it can be saved for a day that I can send my family out of town and sit next to my phone charger for oh...24 hours.

Would be great if it was for gold...but it will probably cost real $$ (like everything else good in this game other than Survivor Slots).
    Andrius
    NG just increased the difficulty for free players to compete and you are all staring at the shiny distraction. Whoever is in charge of how this update was rolled out and presented deserves a bonus because you've got the masses hook line and sinker, kudos! Do you all realize people are still using airplane mode to get ahead?
    InvadermcbkhicksPutchucoRoughneck
    Rant over lol
    ggbatsmcbkhicks
    edited May 2016
    @reich as far as I know airplane mode was squashed. If you can pm me explaining how its still being used, I would be interested to know and can pass it along the chain.

Please no further discussion on the topic as it is in violation of the forum rules.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @reich farming was the equalizer?
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    What is airplane mode?
    Farming gave free players who don't buy gas a chance to try and keep up to people buying gas and doing exploration missions, which is way faster and easier than mowing down zombies for hours. And it took a lot of work a lot of people weren't willing to do in order to keep up. Yes it was abused by auto clickers, and I don't know if there was another way to stop that. In the end the gap between free players and gold buyers just started running in opposite directions. Anyone familiar with GREE? This is the road they started down...
    edited May 2016
    @raton Most smart phones/tablets have a switch you can toggle to turn off Internet/phone functions while flying due to FAA regulations. It still allows you to access parts of your device that don't use data.

There is/was a game exploit via airplane mode.
    @masmith93 i have añ iPhone and i know that function, what i dont understand how that give players a benefice.
    @raton I don't either but even if I knew, we're not allowed to discuss it.
    ratonTheLostOnesSlickRick
    Please refrain from continuing this discussion @raton . It is against forum rules as it has been used as a cheat in the game in the past. No one will be able to explain further without conciquences.

Any further comments regarding this and I will have to step in further.
    @C_Lloyd ok sorry!!! I dont want to do it, just curiosity.
    ggbats
  • I am very excited about this update!

Thank you NG!
    @Teeceezy @TK-421 @eetu

Tammy
    Japes87
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    lmfgunnut said:

So they aren't banning auto clickers, but they made them USELESS! Great work NG

Yes...aside every handworking farmer...congrats!