Rules clarification re: spam & derailment

masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,511
@zbot @Teeceezy I think we need some clarification as to how you define spam and derailment. As for the fix XP or we riot thread, as far as I can tell, that thread stayed on topic per Sipher's OP, but was closed. It could have been moved if zbot felt it didn't fit in with the general topic. So as spam and derailment are subjective, I know I would appreciate some concrete examples instead of general statements.

Thanks!
Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
This space intentionally left blank.
[Deleted User]_wendy_hottexasPerdtinTheLostOnesSlickRick

Comments

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Maybe that thread was toxic? I could see how threats could be considered toxic.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    I'm very straightforward
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,728
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    # 1. The Mods are " new to moderating " and it shows...
    ( I've been communicating on Internet Boards for more than 30 years...)
    # 2. The Mods are dealing with Language differences and Cultural References that are not always understandable...
    ( such as, " the dreaded, I triple dog dare ya... " )
    # 3. Some people are more interesting than others...
    ( the " Board Members " usually themselves, protect the Board... And protect the innocent... )
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I think the mods are aware of the sense of humour that exists amongst regular posters, and with a jot of initiative should realise the difference between jokes, irony and spam!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheLostOnes
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    edited May 2016
    @Neil_J...

A lot of times, it comes down to " Fear of Mayhem " thus, the fallback position of " RULES "

It's hard to trust the " Anonymous Unwashed Masses "...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )