How do you feel about the removal of deadly exploration missions?

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Long Live Deadly Missions!
    The EMC lives, even if we can no longer climb to dizzying heights as we laugh at danger and dance on the edge of death against the undead hordes.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
  • MongMong Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    I feel really sad.

I didn'the see the achievement before having many deadly missions done. When I saw it, I made some plans,

I saved almost 30 phones waiting to have enough gold to buy an empty slot for a new survivor without discarding old ones. The 500 gold plus the saved till this moment allowed me to buy one slot, and a second one briefly.

Well, the update got me with 499 deadlies completed. Yes, 499 exactly, not 498 or 490, just 499.

I feel very very sad ...
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Mong

Dang that's a bummer...you never know what the future may hold though...they may come back at some point or even a special event thing...so hang in there :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    MongTheLostOnes
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016
    SlickRick said:

@Mong

Dang that's a bummer...you never know what the future may hold though...they may come back at some point or even a special event thing...so hang in there :)

Tagging @eetu in case they haven't thought about this idea. And if it does become a special event in the future, they should tweak it so it's cooler - as in more to it.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,823
    It has been a couple days now, and I can confirm that this change is the one that has the biggest influence on my game time. And I can say this about my game time: I'm estimating that it has reduced to at least 25% of my previous game time, if not to a lower point.

As for the other elements in the game:
    I never did bother to play the other side missions unless I was really spasticly craving specific resources. And I rarely do, since I'm patient enough to wait a long time for stuff the automatically generate in the camp.

I was already not a fan of raids, but now that they have become twice as hard, resulting in lots of hospital time for my peeps, I like them less = play them less. And if I do play them, my peeps get hurt so I cannot play any more, resulting in less game time as well (but this effect is sporadic).

Challenge was something I only did for my guild. But since my guild is very quiet I was usually the one with the most stars. But now that those missions are utterly challenge-less I haven't played much of that anyhow for a while.

Conclusion:
    My game time had a heavy emphasis on Deadly missions.
    That emphasis got stronger due to other changes.
    And then NG took that emphasis away, ergo they took my game time away.

BTW, that reduces my ad watching.
    BTW2, that put off my plans on finally starting to spend on this game.
  • KellyKelly Member Posts: 1
    I want the chance to finish my last 59 missions to get my gold or give me 441 in gold for missions completed.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I noticed this when I logged in a few minutes. Mentions deadly missions but there aren't any anymore. Maybe there will be events.

If it said "yoir players cannot die" then Id understand. Maybe they never updated the code to have this phrase removed (along with the challenge for gold)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    I can only speculate that it was unfounded complaints, legitimate complaints, unfixable bugs, or player discovered exploits that caused their removal. It was a last minute addition to the update notes (could have been planned all along) so there was only the overnight before the patch for people to resolve their counts. I know I did several to top off at 2725, since 2703 didn't look like a good number to me.

I do hope they return when they work out whatever the issue was.

It would go over like a lead balloon at this point, but I think it would be fairly awesome to have Deadly Weekends...Every mission of any kind is deadly. I'd actually like that just in general, but there would have to be a grace period to allow people to feel out their limits. The chance of starting a level 22 recommended mission with level 18 survivors on a deadly mission is about 0 for me, but others complain that their level 13 survivors are struggling with level 10 walkers, so that could be a huge disaster..but exciting!

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

masmith93SlickRickTheLostOnesTastycakes
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,304
    I reduced my deadly mission runs to about 1-2 a week when I felt that the rewards were not matching the risk. Imagine barely getting out of a deadly mission with injured survivors to only see 1-2 silver crates. I saw that one too many times and went to the XP and Tomato Can missions instead. However, if they would have my hooked on deadlies if they guaranteed at least one gold crate per mission.
    DoTak
    @Governator I don't understand how you could be barely escaping from missions. The level rec adjusts according to your survivors.

Did you hangout and farm? Not trying to slam you, I just don't understand how you'd get injured in a deadly, but not in every other mission since they are the exact same missions.

There were always times of slack rewards, but the stats bore out that the prevalence of both silver and gold chests was twice that of other missions.

SlickRickSgtSalamiant
  • CHEREUVSCHEREUVS Member Posts: 20
    Si no podemos morir pierde la esencia del juego .Devenir volver a poner una partida de eliminación en el desafío semanal como estava antes. Juego para bebés.
    espero que regresen también.

SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    Quiero ir a la biblioteca
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    DoTak
    Yo quiero a bailar en Mexico.

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    On the plus side, at least they've replaced them with equipment missions rather than just leaving the tomato and xp ones.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    DoTak
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    I have a sneaky feeling a weekend event might be in our future, with deadly missions, when NG sorts out the timeout problems. I would have been (as well will be) angered if the game goes to reload and kills my survivors.
  • Grimm_ReaperGrimm_Reaper Member Posts: 10
    If you don't understand the richness of sarcasm then don't read. So because some idiots never learn to not farm for xp in deadly missions and biached about it they removed them mission? Or is it you can't cope with loss in you live? How about if NG removes the retirement feature from the game. After all is the same shit. You loose your survivor. Oh but the difference is that you are killing it because you don't need it anymore compare to your stupidity for staying too long or plain bad estrategy. Grow up an stop complaining. Negative reinforcement also makes good player. Perhaps you always got a trophy for participation win or loose when you were a kid.
  • MjpMjp Member Posts: 11
    You know it really makes me @$&;%$"! $&% because I was shooting for the 500 Desdly missions for that gold, LOST a couple AWESOME characters because of my GREED, and now for what??? I really loved that element of the game! I completely understood taking it out of challenges, but WHY take it out of side missions? Really unnecessary in my opinion!
    @imfgunnut No offense taken. I'm a greedy, greedy farmer. I try and squeeze out every last XP I can because I don't buy stuff. I switched to XP and Supply Missions just because the rewards seemed better.
    @Governator I get it now. I figured out a long time back that the reward from farming could never top the reward from just doing another mission or many more missions. However, more missions are only possible via cash. Honestly surprised I found playing this to be worth money. First FTP game I've ever spent on. Kudos to NG for that.

What matters here, though, is that you had the option to play as you did and I the way I did. Now the options a reduced.

SlickRickGovernatorOvidmikel
    @imfgunnut Oh yeah, I can see dropping my mortgage payment into this game. I love it. I just had to adjust my style of play to match how much gold I have (not much). I do a lot of farming when my gas runs low and I need time for it to replenish. I can hit End Turn without thinking about it. I still want to press it even when the game isn't open. LOL
  • Scout67Scout67 Member Posts: 32
    FOUR HUNDRED and NINETY-SEVEN !!! Thats 497 deadly missions I have completed. Thats 3 less than 500! Gimmie my gold please!
    SpringChickenOvidmikeltammy
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    I think it's a shame they removed them and it's really a big punch in the face for all the players (like myself), who were trying to get the 500 missions done. But what really bothers me is that NG yet again deliver no explanation why they did it.

Removing it just for a while to get bugs fixed connected with it?
    Removing it permanently because you want players to spend money on rewards rather than giving them the possibility (at least a very little one) of finding it?
    Were they removed because you plan something else?
    Any compensation for the missions that were accomplished so far?

I never understood why it is so hard for NG to actually get into conversation with their customers. It is really sad that in their eyes we are just a bunch of fu***cked up idiots spending our money. "TWD - Shut up and give us your money land" should be the game called.

I'm really pissed, that is not how to treat you customers.
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    And yes, I am sorry for digging this thread out.
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    The thread isn't quite DOA yet. NG needs to hear the dissatisfaction of players about changes to the game.
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Am a little scared they will bring them back.......only this time they will be REALLY deadly
    masmith93Tastycakes
    @limeyjohn if they do come back I'll be waiting on your report before I go in. That is, now that you've made me paranoid

limeyjohnmasmith93
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    I loved playing deadlies for the better rewards. I never farmed so I never lost a survivor. They made so many changes that now the game has started to suck
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
This discussion has been closed.