[Tip] Decent "trick" - Gas usage

Most of you probably already know about this "trick" (if I can call it that) & are already doing it, but I haven't seen a thread about it yet so I hope it will help some people.

I don't know about most of you, but I don't have time to play the game 24/7 and use up all of the gas as efficiently as I'd like. Before you go to work, sleep, or whatever activity that will keep you away from the game for more than the time that it will take for your gas tank to fully regenerate, start a mission, preferably one that uses up a ton of gas, but don't complete the mission. This way, the next moment you're available to play, you have a full meter of gas plus you have one mission in progress that you can complete. It essentially queues up gas to give you one extra mission.

I personally do this when I wake up, at work, or before dinner where I don't have sufficient time to complete a mission.

How many of you guys use this "trick"?
Karaura9M_MAMABlendaSabrina

Comments

• AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    Nice trick. Have to do it ;)))
    Cprudy3376
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,348
    Yup, I use the trick, or sometimes when I don't have time to play but the gas is full, I'll do the same and come back later and finish.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Same here... use this "trick" all the time!

• BrutalBarracudaBrutalBarracuda Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2015
    Top tip!
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    @mzed718 Yeah, I've been using this trick for a few weeks now.

Thought, about posting a thread as well, but thought maybe the developers would get wise to our oh so sneaky tactics to squeeze some oh so precious extra gas, and change the gas regeneration up... ;)

Seriously though, great tip to share, especially for newer players, as they may not realize this for some time and we all know that:

"Gas is what makes us go!"

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • GratefuldeadGratefuldead Member Posts: 8
    Nice one! Thanks!
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,966
    I do this occasionally, usually when I want to do a mission but have to rush off.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I figured this one out when my battery ran out in the middle of a supply run.
    When i reloaded, it took me to where I was but I noticed a couple of extra gas cans.
    Bonus!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    I've done this before as well it's a nice way to not let gas go to waste.
    most of the time however... if I have enough time to start the mission, I usually have 2 more minutes to finish it as well.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    [Deleted User]
  • RavenDKRavenDK Member Posts: 12
    Use it all the time - before sleep, cooking, starting work and so on

• BlendaBlenda Member Posts: 1
    This is
This discussion has been closed.