Pulls from new radio tower - post them here

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @eetu did you forget that with update 1.9 scouts are now awesome and hunters have been nerfed? ;)

No seriously, you're probably right than in a few cases a player may choose a rare survivor over an epic one. But that's a rare (forgive the word choice) instance and as you say, only for beginners.

I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    3x 15 call option:

8 rare and 1 epic survivors, none had max level above 17.

No good :neutral:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    Well the system is better than before, because technically we have 3 times better chance to get a survivor we need. Too bad if there are more than one legendary guy, but like in real life, can't have everything.
  • stolenstolen Member Posts: 46
    Did 7x15 calls.Got 20 rares , 1 epic. Have a strong feeling they downgraded the epic and legendary probabilities while adding this "choose" from 3 option.
  • Tam8Tam8 Member Posts: 65
    I asked it before, but I might have to specify the Qs:

- did the % to get a certain rarity change a) per call b) per survivor?
    - - OLD system: ~5% for a) and b)
    - - NEW system: ~15% for a) and still 5% for b) OR
    - - NEW system: ~5%% for a) and ~1.67% for b)

I think it's very difficult to speculate at this point about whether we have better or worse chances of epics and legends.

Perhaps if people post screen shots @OneLessTitan @blynknz and the other data collectors may give us a qualified answer.

My GUESS is it will be the same as before. So my only concern at this point is the pseudo-choice aspect of the new set-up.
    I'm lost.

• PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    Well i did 20 pulls, 15 radios each. Got 2 leg and 4 epics. All wasted. Max council and radio tent...
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    @DarkFae. Lol we got the same one
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    On the first try
    VerbaubTheLostOnesOvidmikelMaudit
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,331
    Did 10 * 15 radio pulls. Got all rares and one epic. :neutral:

Also - hopefully people know they can touch the medals to stop them from spinning and see the survivor you pulled instead of just waiting for them to stop spinning themselves.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

TheLostOnesSpacemanSpiff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @BarcodeJ

Wow what are the odds of that!
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Just tried my one free slots pull...I mean radio tower call...15 radios for three rare crappy survivors. Not wasting more until an event.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,457
    @TheLostOnes I got 1 Legendary Assault lv 19 and 2 rare on my first pull.
    ggbatsInspTurbinesPR0DJ
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    I made 16, 15 radio pulls and I estimate 90% were rares. I kept one max level 19 epic assault to replace my last level 17 survivor. Retired the rest instantly.
    Nice one @painclasher and you too @JVC_TWD
    I'm lost.

JVC_TWDlmfgunnut
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    Nice improvement in choice but raise the max lvl please! Made 2 15radio call and not wasting any more on low level max 16/17 even 18.
  • chris123chris123 Member Posts: 3
    New system sucks!

10 * 15 call 29 rare and 1 epic scout....

Never been this bad in the old version.
    Bill_ZRT
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    I am thinking the max level is off some
    ggbats
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    It seems like we need another legendary & epic survivor weekend event along with new radio tower system if we want to pull either epic or legendary survivors.
    ggbats
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,345
    I am completely maxed out and I am still pulling level 16's with calls! :( I haven't had any over 17 in a very very long time!
    ⚔️Leader - TheHerdReturned⚔️
    AndyMenshel
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I got a 19 level max Epic shooter ... not too bad
    Mystiqueggbats
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    edited May 2016
    Not exactly the change to Radio System that I was hoping for, but my initial thought is that it is a better system that does give us more choice. Of course, we'll still be subject to crap Survivors, but that was always the case. Radio Events should be a bit more fun/interesting, especially if we get 2 or 3 decent choices....will be neat to pick survivors based on Traits, as well as Tier and Class. Screenshots will probably be the most valuable in every Data Collection Thread.

Decided to make a call and not bad results since I really needed a Shooter (even one without Dodge).

Japes87PR0DJ
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    @OneLessTitan I agree that the new radio system is overall better. A lot of people seem to be complaining that they're getting a lot of rares on their pulls, but it has always been the case that rares are significantly more likely to be drawn.

There's certainly not enough data to suggest that the chances of pulling an epic or legendary are any lower than it used to be. The new system at least gives us the option to choose the most useful out of three survivors, rather than being stuck with a single useless survivor (pulling a rare bruiser on a 15-call is the worst...).

Of course, all of this is based on the assumption that probabilities haven't changed. I haven't seen/heard anything to suggest that the probabilities are different.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    OneLessTitan
  • TakaTaka Member Posts: 12
    3x15, I got 8 greens and 1 blue assault.
    But has anyone, except for that one pull by @Poppy , actually had to make a choice?

I'm not talking about a choice between two rares and one epic (or legendary) because that's a no-choice.

As long as there is no choice and the overall epic/legendary drop rates haven't change (let's assume that for the time being) it's the same as the old tower. Just with nicer graphics.

I could be wrong, maybe there a many examples out there like @Poppy 's.
    I'm lost.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    @TheLostOnes That's a fair point. I think the choice is primarily beneficial to newer players or players that are still leveling up. When your entire camp is maxed out, you probably have very strict criteria for the survivors that you want (e.g., only legendary survivors). However, when you're still leveling up your team and your camp and you're looking for a particular class of survivors, being able to choose between three is much more beneficial. For example, if I were a new player and all of my hunters were maxed out at level 7, and I simply wanted a hunter with a higher level cap, I would find this new system to be beneficial as it effectively triples my chances of getting a new hunter on every pull.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    ggbatsOneLessTitan
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    edited May 2016

But has anyone, except for that one pull by @Poppy , actually had to make a choice?

I'm not talking about a choice between two rares and one epic (or legendary) because that's a no-choice.

As long as there is no choice and the overall epic/legendary drop rates haven't change (let's assume that for the time being) it's the same as the old tower. Just with nicer graphics.

@TheLostOnes -- I don't think we will see many of these "choices" until the next Radio Event.

We are probably seeing some more people dissatisfied with their pulls because they thought the new system may provide better odds at better Survivors, when the odds are probably the same.

Now we get to see more bad options at a time. Right or wrong, when someone gets 3 "bad" options, a lot of people will feel like they are getting punched, kicked and kneed in the genitals...where before they just felt punched in the genitals when they only had to see one "bad" Survivor.

Peoples expectations and what they think they are entitled to will play the biggest role in those feelings. Personally, my expectations are pretty low in a non-event call, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a decent survivor, but I can understand being disappointed.

Let's assume the Drop Rate for a Legendary is 5% and an Epic is 20% for 15 Radio Calls outside of the event. People may think that they have a 15% chance at a Legendary and a 60% chance at an Epic with 3 Survivors being called, but I highly doubt that is the case.
    ant
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    I did one 15 call out and got all Rare, all useless and all scrapped. I also only got 4,000 xp for all three which is much lower than I would have had with three single call outs. The only difference is the number of radios used and I think I've become a tad too jaded on the radio tent to care about saving them anymore.
  • Tam8Tam8 Member Posts: 65

@TheLostOnes -- I don't think we will see many of these "choices" until the next Radio Event.

We are probably seeing some more people dissatisfied with their pulls because they thought the new system may provide better odds at better Survivors, when the odds are probably the same.

Now we get to see more bad options at a time. Right or wrong, when someone gets 3 "bad" options, a lot of people will feel like they are getting punched, kicked and kneed in the genitals...where before they just felt punched in the genitals when they only had to see one "bad" Survivor.

Peoples expectations and what they think they are entitled to will play the biggest role in those feelings. Personally, my expectations are pretty low in a non-event call, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a decent survivor, but I can understand being disappointed.

Let's assume the Drop Rate for a Legendary is 5% and an Epic is 20% for 15 Radio Calls outside of the event. People may think that they have a 15% chance at a Legendary and a 60% chance at an Epic with 3 Survivors being called, but I highly doubt that is the case.
    The % is the most important thing.

If these stayed same per call (and not per survivor) and there seem to be no further restrictions, the system is worse by far.
    Cause it added the possibility of getting two desired survivors, of which you can only take one.
    You're enforced to make choices, which is not comfortable compared to the old system.