new update unplayable on Ipad2 after update-now playable...

SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
edited June 2016 in Game Issues
Well, after struggling for 2 months with a game that was half working with an ipad2, I was eagerly awaiting the next update. Now I am sad to say that my game is unplayable. I have had 10 reconnects in 10 minutes....maybe more. I was able to complete 1 challenge mission and 1 exploration. I am not a happy camper. I can't do anything with the game like this. @eetu @Teeceezy @TK-421 @zbot

Comments

• Ace750Ace750 Member Posts: 6
    Not playing on an iPad, but having lots of reconnect issues this morning.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    @Ace750 Maybe they will correct it for all, but I can get almost nothing done. With all the problems iPad users have had the last two months. I am not optimistic for those of us who use them.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    After struggling on an ipad2 for months, I gave up and went to Bluestacks on the laptop. It has its issues but nothing like the ipad problems.

Give up. They seem to have no intention of making the game playable on an ipad.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 729
    Dont give up, they've cured my samsung android device with this update and it was having serious issues for the last 4 months. Goodluck and remember it wont happen over night but it will happen.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    @Dale I think so. I may try bluestacks or just move on entirely. I was hoping that this update would fix the xp economy of the game as well as the issues with IPad. It appears the xp fix is to have us pay for gas and x2. I am burnt on the challenges with the all the low level missions for low rewards, and my outposts doesn't work (but I guess would with bluestacks). The part of the game I liked the best was the story missions and they stopped developing them.

@Dlblis Thanks for the kind words, but I think I have run out of patience. My game problems started with the outpost fix update. To be honest, it was never really working that well, but at times was ok.
  • Annette578Annette578 Member Posts: 501
    I understand all the frustration people. The graphics on the new update are brighter,& seems to move faster. So when I updated this morning, & started chlgs, I expected the iPad users were going to have even more issues. NG doesn't have the game playable for some ipads, ( imo). I have a Samsung e-tablet now, no issues at all, compared to my iPad mini, it is like lightening speed. It was very affordable, or I would have stopped playing also. My mini was almost 3 years old, so it was time to upgrade for me. I know some players can't do that, but just what I did. Hope you can find a way to play, if not, best of luck.
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    Except for loosing the end turn button, my iPad mini likes this update.
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    No issues on my end ever running iPad mini 2. Wonder if other things are causing problems.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    @bumshoe The mini has different specs than the regular. Many people have had this problem depending on the model of ipad and iphone they have. However, NG markets this game for the products so it is their responsibility. In the past things worked ok, so it is as a result of their updates.

Having said that, their are much fewer crashes this morning. Not sure what they did over night, but I can play again. : )
    Well just ran a full tank of missions with no crashes. Nice. : D Had a couple reconnects but came back each time. It only crashed when I did guild chat. Almost conked on equipment, but that's fine. The missions are the important part. Next I need to check outposts.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Nice to hear it got better, for whatever reason.

According to our tests 1.9 is more stable than 1.8 on iPad2, but these things always vary per user, iOS version and who knows what.
    edited June 2016
    @eetu wow lol...you guys didn't do anything extra?...it just slowly improved with successive reopening of the game? really??
  • SwtdstnySwtdstny Member Posts: 57
    I am having less reloads. Lost the end turn button, not every time but most of the time. It seemed to make my walker pit look weak as I see some have walker strength at 165. Mines at 116. I have max level on all walkers and max number of all walkers max weapons at level 20 on survivors and close to max level 19 on armor. Of course those are all off of 5 star weapons and armor at level 18. I should be higher in strength. And Please say a prayer for father it's the shields not working still on my end people hit me more often thinking my pit is weak. Than many learned to max out the time and steal my stars lol them buggers....anyways I sent in a ticket hopefully they will fix this issue. I've yet to get a 5 star survivor since the last 2 updates. My calls are still getting level 10 of 15 and occasional level 8 of 18. Never got. 19 yet. Radio tents at max level as well as training and weapons grounds. I'm a level 51 player and am playing with level 18 survivors. I'm actually able to play a bit more now. But feels they knocked my power down to level 16 as I'm trying to save a survivor in mission and it's only a max level of 15. It don't seem right to save such a weak survivor. All in all with my rambling, me the queen of disappointment on here lol I'm restoring faith in the game with my iPad Air.
    @Swtdstny I have lost the end turn button a couple of times. I still can't do outposts. I got 3 5 star survivors the last event, but I had to spend 650+ phones to do it.

However, the crashes are way down. They mostly come in guild chat. Sometimes the equipment menu gets a little weird and laggy. I can go through a full tank of gas most times with out a crash. I am pleasantly surprised.
    Swtdstny
    and now outpost finally works...ok...looks like NG has quietly been doing stuff @eetu sneaky finns...
    eetu
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @SgtSalami @Swtdstny

Glad it seems to be better for you both...and fyi I never have any problems (knock on wood) and I'm missing the "End Turn" button at times (comes and goes)...just wanted you both to know it's not you or your devices...it's a game-wide issue right now...best wishes!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    SgtSalamiSwtdstny