Did you join to XP boost club??

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Thanks @SgtSalami , I'll do the duo boost another time when I can fully take advantage. For now, am happy to clear out my inventory. Had enough crap stockpiled to hit the max a couple times without having to do any missions, and now the screen lag is much better. It's kinda like defragging your hd :)
    SgtSalami
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    YES, XP XP XP ALL AROUND )
    @SlickRick I'm at max council too alotta folks who g they seeing it too so must be a glitch of some sort it's adding the xp so no biggy yes I'm going 24 hrs and maybe 48 if I haven't upgraded everyone finally got my gold bore rifle upgraded love it btw I Amy be wrong but this new challenge is gonna be tuff at higher level all the ranged saviors piled on top of ya with the walkers. Good stuff lol
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Ovidmikel

Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to the message...generally if things work for the most part I don't get caught up in the excruciating details...probably because I'm neurotic enough already with my work :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Ovidmikel
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I haven't yet, but will definitely soon!
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Ovidmikel I saw it too. Not really paying attention since I get the max supply message all the time but yours eyes are amazing things and I noticed the new message only because it occupied a different space/length on the screen of my tablet than the old message. I am pretty immune to it now but still annoying just the same.
    Ovidmikel
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    I'm going for 300 items with at least 5k value in my inventory before doing this :)
    I hope they don't remove double xp for scrapping by then
    It's funny @shabba that I also use 5k as my save vesus instant scrap criteria and I have seen several other players mention the same number. I also try not to keep anything except epic and legendary in my armory. I'm stockpiling for the next council upgrade when it is going to be around 725k XP to level a 19 survivor and over 3m XP to level 22 gear (both guesses BTW).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    No!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    edited June 2016
    I am pretty sure the 2x XP does NOT include scrapping items. I believe it is only for XP in crates you open and for XP mission rewards. If it was doubling when I was scrapping then I didn't notice it, every where else it is very obvious when it is getting doubled.
    @Heisenberg

It does include scrapping items (both upgraded and not upgraded) and retiring survivors fyi
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    zosonSgtSalami
    I can confirm @SlickRick. It doesn't show with a fancy blue 2X box, but it does double when it posts to your XP total.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    Sweet I didn't even notice, every where else it was very obvious. Thanks for the info. @SlickRick @NCDawgFan
    SlickRick said:

@Heisenberg

It does include scrapping items (both upgraded and not upgraded) and retiring survivors fyi

Uh, holy crap, I have some items that will scrap for 500k. So you're saying that with the double xp booster this same item will scrap to 1m? :love:
    edited June 2016
    @zoson

Yes absolutely...it just doesn't reflect the total properly when it shows the scrap amount but you will get double for sure...that's why I warned everyone in the 1.9 update thread to be careful when scrapping maxed gear because you can easily hit your max XP allotment if you're not careful
    zoson
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    zoson said:

SlickRick said:

@Heisenberg

Uh, holy crap, I have some items that will scrap for 500k. So you're saying that with the double xp booster this same item will scrap to 1m? :love:
    Yup, it was tremendous. I do not know how @SlickRick was able to survive doing this for 5 days. One day was enough of a high to last me weeks :)
    SlickRickTheLostOnesggbatsSgtSalami
    No problem @Heisenberg :)

@Perdtin Yeah I barely survived...my neighbors almost called the cops because I was inside all day Saturday with the blinds shut...they had to go get me a cherry Icee and chewy Sweetarts to revive me
    TheLostOnesLadyAquilaPerdtinOvidmikel
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    SlickRick said:

No problem @Heisenberg :)

@Perdtin Yeah I barely survived...my neighbors almost called the cops because I was inside all day Saturday with the blinds shut...they had to go get me a cherry Icee and chewy Sweetarts to revive me

Pretty sure it is a good time to buy stock in the companies making Red Bull and Mountain Dew
    SlickRickHeisenberg
    I scrapped a few legendary weapons that got me over 1m XP each. I wish I had saved them now for the Council upgrade. They are like having money in a savings account.
    Ovidmikelzoson
    NCDawgFan said:

I scrapped a few legendary weapons that got me over 1m XP each. I wish I had saved them now for the Council upgrade. They are like having money in a savings account.

Definitely some good micromanagement advice. This is how I looked at old survivors, since they have always returned a sizeable chunk of xp. "XP Batteries" is what I liked to call them! :)
    OvidmikelNCDawgFan
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Cycle rewards go directly to raidable balance. So that's a good time to use XP boost & cash in gold TG crates. But Cycle ends in middle of Challenge. So, lose a day there or ...? (because you want to do XP exploration missions not low-level Challenge missions when booster is active)
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    DoTak said:

Thanks @SgtSalami , I'll do the duo boost another time when I can fully take advantage. For now, am happy to clear out my inventory. Had enough crap stockpiled to hit the max a couple times without having to do any missions

Same here. I wasn't used to hitting the max so I had to do my scrapping in groups. Not that I'm complaining!
    zoson said:

Which is why I won't scrap some stuff until I upgrade my council. atm, I can only store 600k so scrapping something worth 1m would be a major waste.

I'm getting there . . . just have the storage plots to upgrade before I can upgrade the council. By the time I've done that and upgrading the training grounds, I should have lots more stuff stockpiled that I can double scrap.

I'm not going to double scrap every day, just when it makes sense to. Which means I'm not going to scrap the stuff I don't want when I open the crates. Saving it for double scrap days.

• SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @Dale Yeah, I ran tons of food missions so i could upgrade my council. Next time I do it, I will have 2 mill in storage for xp. All gear is being kept for the next time I do this.
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    Guys if you do use both boosters and plan on playing 6+ hours or more I would be careful going on a scrapping spending spree. if you end up scrapping all at once you will find that you will need tons of gold to fast upgrade things....A few times
    Now take those words at your own risk as scraping gear does not show the nice 2x Graphic, so I am not sure if double return on gear is a bug, or the"Blue Double XP graphic" missing is a bug, so I am a little worried this feature could disapear. I say this as I would hate to throw out "advice" it it end up being wrong. I tested at the beginning and got double so I put my plan into action

That being said, just running XP mission gets at least 40-50k (I'm level 48 or 18s rec on the mission). That is without any silver crates or using the video or buying chests.
    A silver crate here and there, and watching a video can add 10s of thousands quickly

I only scrapped about 20% of my stockpile to get enough to start an upgrade right at the start of the booster for both a piece of expensive gear and a survivor.

Then I just ran missions until my XP was full. You will be amazed on how quickly 2 Million fills up. Don't mess around with farming, in and out.
    Once full I used a little gold to fast track my upgrades, started a new round of upgrades and began to fill my supply again.

This was my experience, and I am the type of player that will spend 5-10 bucks on occasion (once a month maybe) and I want to maximize my spend.
    If your not doing unlimited gas, then mass scrapping is probably beneficial. If you have lots and lots of gold and always plan to refill gold same thing.

I look at scraping gear with this new system as down payment money for the next time I use the booster. Use enough to start upgrades.
    Now if I was only planning to play >5 hours I would have probably scrapped more items. I just had a plan going in and it helped me save 100s in gold and I still have tons of gear in the "Bank"
    Your Millage may very, but I guess the best advice for those that want to do this is to just have a plan. And have fun doing so, I loved it and looked forward to it all week
    DoTak
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    Its a funny thing for do it one time per month.
    DangerB said:

You will be amazed on how quickly 2 Million fills up.

Which makes it possible to now think of all of the useless equipment we get as stockpiling XP.

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    You need another vote choice
    No, not yet but I am going to

I have been saving a ton of gear up and waiting to do the XP boost
    @dale, that useless, leveled stash of gear is like XP in a savings account that can be used when the new council comes. You can only hold 2m XP, but those now useless legendary weapons will net over 1m XP when scraped with the double XP engaged. I plan to upgrade all my level 19 survivors and some base level 19 gear using scraped outdated legendary gear when the new council eventually drops. My 8.9m supplies will enable me to level my Council and training grounds and contribute to my weapons tent as well. I'm trying to play chess, not checkers. Good luck.
    DangerB
    @dale, that useless, leveled stash of gear is like XP in a savings account that can be used when the new council comes. You can only hold 2m XP, but those now useless legendary weapons will net over 1m XP when scraped with the double XP engaged. I plan to upgrade all my level 19 survivors and some base level 19 gear using scraped outdated legendary gear when the new council eventually drops. My 8.9m supplies will enable me to level my Council and training grounds and contribute to my weapons tent as well. I'm trying to play chess, not checkers. Good luck.
    @NCDawgFan Exactly! I'm not maxed out yet. I'm only at level 41, survivors at level 15, but the same reasoning applies. I have legendary gear now that I can upgrade to level 18 which will take my survivors a while to outgrow. and both the equipment and the survivors will generate a lot of XP when they are obsolete.

Having the option of an occasional, cheap booster makes it reasonable to get to the endgame without spending a fortune. I am happy with this plan!

I am eager to get to the next council level but the level-everything plan is working for me so I will be patient while I collect enough supplies to upgrade my storage plots.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @DangerB You get the double XP for scrapping - easy to confirm by keeping track of your XP.

As far as not scrapping in concerned, it's so easy to get 200 more pieces of higher level equipment in a short amount of time I see no reason to save for Council update. When Update 2.0 is announced to be releasing soon you will have at least a week to gather equipment. If you use a booster, then you only need a few days to fill your inventory.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Ovidmikel