Raiding Impossible Now with update.

You have made it too difficult to raid other players. It's a waste of time and supplies to find the one poor soul who haven't boosted his outpost to 145. As a player with 2 lvl 17 and lvl 16 hunters I can barely get through lvl 80 outposts. Please make it easier to raid or you will probably lose all interest in raiding.
gcheong85

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    You do realise that they have chanced the calculation?

So what was 70 is probably now 130 (Don't quote me on this because I haven't looked into it the new formula yet)
    Invader
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited June 2016
    Formula for what you see is...

A = quantity of tank walkers
    B = level of tank walkers
    C = quantify of armored walkers
    D = level of armored walkers
    E = level of normal walkers
    F = sum of defenders.

( A x B ) + ( C x D ) + E + F = level you see

I skip anything higher than 135 if I see defenders around Lvl 15 each.

At least everyone I've come across gives trade goods finally rather than skipping past 5+ to get someone giving away something. I like the changes.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2016
    my outpost was 77 before update. It is now 80.

Old formula was : (sum of defender levels) + (#special walkers x walker pit level)
    (14+14+14)+(5 x 7) = 42 +35 = 77

@DLick , if your formula is correct, then my outpost should be higher than 80 :

A = 2
    B = 14
    C = 3
    D = 14
    E = 15
    F = 42

(2 x 14) + (3 x 14) + 15 + 42 = 28 + 42 + 15 + 42 = 127

So why is my outpost rating only showing as 80 after the update?
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Because the rating that you see for your output and the rating that others see for your outpost are two different things. (Why, I don't know.)

Apparently other people see the number that include your defenders but you don't. Or so I've heard. But that doesn't work with your numbers.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @thebluebox what you see does not include defender levels. You should see 85, enemies will see 127.

Since you are seeing 5 points less than you should, I'd say screen shot of Walker pit is in order.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    All of my walkers are 19 and I have 5 specials. So 6*19=114 which is what I see. Enemies should see that plus 54 from survivors, so 168.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

BorutoSlickRickTheLostOnes
    Now, that is messed up. I do see 85 rather than 80. I just checked.

lmfgunnut
    I can't do outposts at the moment anyway due to lag. I have to force close and restart at least 3 times every mission in order to finish. the End Turn button stops responding. Until that is fixed, I cannot hope to do a single raid.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,823
    Old formula: outpost is winnable = i play outposts.
    New formula: outposts are completely and utterly flooded with uberhigh level defenses = i do not play outposts.
    BurningBrightLadyAquila
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 578
    The lowest outpost I have seen was 99 with defender at lvl 14 / 15.
    I permanently get raided by opponents lvl 16 and higher.
    There are no defender lvl 13 or lower to be found.
    This is some between stupid and unplayable.
    Deewes
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Perhaps the matching system is intended to find you opponents with denfenders around the same level as your own survivors. Seems to work that way for me.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 578
    OK - lvl 14 vs lvl 18. Nice system.
    Deewes
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2016
    jgianc said:

It's a waste of time and supplies to find the one poor soul who haven't boosted his outpost to 145. Please make it easier to raid or you will probably lose all interest in raiding.

Let me see if I get this straight, so because you can't find weak outposts to raid when searching so that they don't put up much of a fight this equals impossible to raid? Since you have levels 17 survivors it sounds like you're just right there behind the most advanced players. However, you don't need maxed out survivors to win a raid as I take on other players maxed out outposts with a team of two 17s and an 18. Things like strategy, choosing the right survivors, the right weapons, and can't say it enough but strategy come into play. Plus raiding gives the offensive side a slight advantage over defending.

While you might not find outposts that have level 17 walkers and survivors on a regular basis if you fine tune your play and improve your survivors you will find that you can take on outposts that have higher walker levels than your surivors or with high level high quality defenders and that raiding is not impossible. In fact when a player with level 18 legendary survivors raids a defending outpost with max walkers and level 18 defenders the favorite to win will be the offensive side not the defense. Ask Boruto about this. His in game name is Hunter DK and he was always in the top 5 in outposts since the day they came out up until cycle 3 when he was sick of being the number one target. He wil tell you that even max level outposts are impossible to defend consistently.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    @Shut_Up Agreed. I even prefer upgraded Outposts because having a few extra zombies to kill gives me the ability to charge up my survivors to use their charge abilities on opposing defenders.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Shut_Up
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    Raid away on me for an easy win if you want. Should only show total power of like 51. Bare in mind I keep my TG empty :)
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    My trial of " Stacking my Outpost " with my " half-way-capiable " survivors

and my" bad-fatties "... and my " bad-cops "... is over...

Back to having protect the Outpost, are my cowards...

Fatties and Cops are going to " sensitivity training " for a while...

Raiders are, welcome to trash the place like a " Fraternity Kegger "...

Enjoy yer selves kids...

I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

TheLostOnesDeewes
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    My survivors are all level 13, I raided successfully 3x today. I found that it was pretty possible.
    Hunters are pretty rubbish in outpost. Okay to bring 1. I wouldn't bring 3. Try bruisers or assault. Def bring a shooter.
    Deewes
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,032
    @Shut_Up What? You mean the game is unfair and broken if it isn't on easy mode? That if one has to engage one's tactical process to overcome obstacles rather than being handed everything on a silver platter? You best get out of here with that kind of crazy talk.

Raiding isn't a 100 meter sprint. It's more a marathon, regardless of the countdown clock. Economy of moves, knowing where unseen walkers are hiding and killing efficiently should allow you to beat outposts that are a step or two higher than your raiders. Hone that talent rather than spending time complaining on a message board and you'd be surprised at what you could accomplish.

Elder of ArmyofDarkness

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Deewes
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    Highest one I've seen
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    I thought my lasy two were more evenly matched than ever before. I won and got nearly 490 TG both times but it was tough. Mutch better matching system as promised. I think it mucho improvo and no zero searches.

DeewesOvidmikel
  • DeewesDeewes Member Posts: 12
    I am so angered about this have tweeted it and fb about there is no more raiding for low levels we can no longer win a raid and high levels can raid level 8 9 simple taking all our supplies to save for legends. While i buy things on occasion apperently the game wants us to spend more pay to win and level . I cant afford. I loved logging in doing a few raids save for upgrades and upgrade things. Now there is no point. Being matched 10 times with my level 23 or 8/9 toons with level 75 plus lev 11 and up is ridiculous. Impossible what are they thinking!!! Boycott buy not filling up your supplies use them up before logging try for upgrades in non deadly equipment missions there are no deadlys. I got about 7 wupgrades not legend but saves me from participating in this ridiculous patch to screw with level 9s ability to save to upgrade no raids doable
    Buckzz
    edited June 2016
    I repeat if your low level being matched with 75 plus outposts withlevel 11 s plus vs your 8s and 9 s is not fun. Dont loose your supplies to level 100 s . Use up your supplies before logging out no one will want to raid with no supply rewards. You will loose the bonus but if you earned a bonus of 1000 you need to earn 6500 to get a legend. And you no longer have that opportunity. Cuz if u have 1000 supplies 100 s will raid u and win them all. If you loose all the bonus no rewards at all for 100 s so u wont be raided. We raid for rewards now that there is none for low levels deadly non death missions all we have. To look forward to
    Buckzz
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 108
    my player level is 46. i beat most of the outposts i raid, yeah, but it's impossible without getting injured survivors. since it doesn't make sense to raid with my "b-survivors" because they're to weak (thx to xp-imbalance), i mostly can't raid several outposts in a row.

and maybe it's just my feelings, but why the hell is upgrading walkers so ridiculous expensive??? my defense is pure bs, 9x lvl 13 walker, 2x lvl 11 armored an 1x lvl 10 fatman.

upgrading my armored to lvl 12 as expample, costs 7000tg! thats a joke! getting another normal walker costs 5500tg etc.

and the real problem is, it doesn't make any difference if my walkers are lvl 11 or lvl 15, they're getting killed easily either way because most of the time i got raided the enemys survivor are lvl 17 or lvl 18. so i need AT LEAST lvl 17 walkers.

few days ago i raided a outpost were all walkers were leveld to 19. wtf?! how much tg did that guy spend? 2 billion? is this even possible without spending gold?
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Deewes said:

I repeat if your low level being matched with 75 plus outposts withlevel 11 s plus vs your 8s and 9 s is not fun. We raid for rewards now that there is none for low levels deadly non death missions all we have. To look forward to

Well some of us raid for other reasons such as revenge and pride too. You might be only raiding for TG but that doesn't mean everyone is raiding only for TG.

How long have you been playing that you only have level 8 or 9 available to go raiding? How many challenge stars do you earn in a challenge and are you in a guild?

When you say impossible does that mean that you tried over and over and over and over and cannot win? Or does it mean to their score is much higher than yours? You do know that your score shows many points lower to yourself than it does to your opponent, don't you? @Deewes

I would love some examples of player versus player games where new players are able to beat old veterans. At least in this game you can pull down the flags and take something home with you as a prize

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    We have no options to be matched with level 28 outposts with 8. /9 level toons. After spending at least 200 in supplies 20 tries to find a match i think that is a bit much dont u? Before patch i would spend maybe 50 supplies to find appropriate level to raid. Are u saying because we are new and low levels we should find fun in being slaughtered by lvl 11/ 12/s and up on lvl 75 plus level outposts? Really?
    Oh and i see how much their outpost cycle points are at the higher they are the higher there defense there is no other method to choose from . Choose matches unbeatable or nothing