Radio Pulls - Survivor Tracker: Data Collection - June 2016 Edition ( RESULTS POSTED)!!!

Comments

• OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @Mark I've done alot of pulls since we got the new tower due to alot of radios found from using the gas booster and it seems like now the one calls max lvl is lower. Before the update if I made one calls the max lvls were always hi now low. I've had really good luck on the 15 calls though. It will be interesting to see your results thanx for your time
    Mark
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    @Ovidmikel
    Thanks for the info :)

Unfortunately as far as I know and read on the forum threads such an analysis on a non-event weekend has not be collected so we won't be able to compare previous to recent.

Data that I have compiled from my guild mates from the past 2 weekend events most of the data (>90%) was from making 15 radio calls, only a few used the 1 radio call.

I too am excited to process the results only because it's data! We all kinda know what then end result will be LOL

Cheers mate
    Mark
    Ovidmikel
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    Just submitted 3 more pulls and also wanted to bump this.
    Mark
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    @zbot, why don't stick this thread. I wanted to submit my pull but was lazy to search this thread.

Will submit now though, I have a screenshot.

@Mark Can you share some results?
    ggbatsMark
    Submitted my green flood again. I'm curious how the data collected will look like.
    Mark
    Greetings!
    sorry for the delayed response; I've been away vacationing. I will tally up the results for June and post here... I will also restart the form tracker for July Edition in a new thread in lieu of the new update to game.
    DLich
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    After 1.10, it seem easier to get epic. So far i have 4 epic 8 rare from 3x 15 radio pull. But sadly all 4 was shooter. (Like wtf)
    Greetings! I have posted the results in the Original Post.
    Thank you all again.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited June 2016
    Mark said:

Although more data is needed; We all can agree, that the data suggests we observe: 2 - 2.5 % of pulling a Legendary survivor either using a 1 or 15 radio call. Additionally, check out the % of Rare pulls as shown, an astonishing 84% !! This is not surprising based on the screenshots and number of users whom posted in another thread.

Oh no no no. Based on you first comment, you can definitely not say that 1 call & 15 call gives the same result. Im sure you will find that the 1 radio call is not statistacally significant.
    1 person of 44 managed to pull a Leg, which gives it the 2.5%.

If the next person pulled a leg for the 5 radio call, that would give it a 5% chance.
    The 15 call is about right. As @eetu (I think) mentioned. The odds of each card pulling a leg has dropped, but within the 3 cards, the chances are the same, and based on data gathered elsewhere, that used to be 5-7.5% chance.
    @blynknz I'm in agreement with your 15 call as the input data is large....and sure the 1 and 5 calls need more data as I mentioned.

But pulling a legendary survivor is <5%
    Nonetheless it's low
    Its low, but you do get 3 shots at it each 15radio call
    Mark
    Exactly
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @blynknz the stats collected take into account the 3 cards per 15 radio pull. If someone managed to get 2 in a single pull, it is reflected in those numbers. That means that the per card chance at legendary is less than 1%.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

No, because each of the 3 cards is recorded. So each card is 2.5%, as a overall pull is higher.
    So the 840 figures is actually 280 calls. Each call getting 3 cards.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    I could do 232 single radio calls. Should upgrade my radio tent to max level before doing that ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    I wonder how some managed to pull common and uncommon survivors from a 15 call... :D
    JackBauer said:

I could do 232 single radio calls. Should upgrade my radio tent to max level before doing that ?

Not neccesary anymore. There is no level cap.
    Mark
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    And / or upgrading training camp ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Wow! Some impressive work. Much appreciated.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2016

I wonder how some managed to pull common and uncommon survivors from a 15 call... :D

Yeah, there's no way to account for user input error, or just flat out making up results. Not sure anyone would, but that's the only problem with the form...there's no accountability or ability to follow up to gain any further info or allow people to modify their results if they make a mistake. I highly doubt there is enough "bad info" to taint the results, tho. That's the only benefit to having people post their results, although it's a much bigger pain to tabulate. With either method, we're still not sure people are giving ALL their data, which is pretty important. Cherry picking what data is contributed isn't really helpful.

Great work @Mark !!! So glad to see the results!
    Mark
  • lazeroulazerou Member Posts: 4
    I have 180 radios that i intend to spend on single radio calls. I'll keep a record of what I get in case you do this project again so that the most undesirable of options will have a little more data.
    mongo911maggiemoo
    @lazerou , This is an ongoing project. You can add your results in anytime.
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @lazerou keep two sets of numbers...
    The first 100 calls...
    Then the 80 calls...

It shows the true 100...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• lazeroulazerou Member Posts: 4
    When i click on the link it tells me the tracker is now closed.

Also, how do you quote someone, like you did with my post (@lazerou). When I try it just puts a "null" there instead.

Ps. I'm new here :smile:
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,117
    edited July 2016
    Maybe it's not working at the moment. Says the same thing for me.
    @lazerou & @Jenng, @Mark mentioned he was going to update it, so it might be offline while he is changing it for the update
    Jenng
    @mongo911, I'm not sure you why you would seperate it.
    There isn't a "true 100". Because you could do it, and I could do it and we would get different results.
    Every additional record makes %'s more accurate as it takes a way the randomness.

For example. a coin has 2 sides. So if I flip it twice, thats not really "true".
    Mark
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    It's just a effort of a true individual 100... That is all...

The actual real quality would be based on a thousand phones...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

@Jenng @lazerou the form is offline. I will reopen another for July (just because the 1.10 came out in the middle of the collection last month); sometime today- keep an eye out for the thread.

@mongo911
    I hear what you saying... As in all my previous sampling Im aiming for a collection size of nearly 1000, based on the parameters for a 95% confidence interval with a 3% margin of error, based the assumption on a population size of approximately 15,000,000 download/installs on google play and apple).

But bare in mind; I have an end date of June

For giggles I could combine the June and July collection together as a side comparison something I've been thinking about -- instead of having just a month analysis...

All,
    I'm in the process of beefing up the 1 radio call dataset; thank you all that connected with me to want to include more data For 1 radio call section... I've got nearly 300 more entries for the 1 radio call (you all rock)...

This is a special link for only 1 RADIO CALL data form. This is active for a limited time so please go ahead and sum it your 1 RADIO CALL data :)

https://fs12.formsite.com/MarkCaller/form4/index.html
    Jenngggbats