Survivors act like idiots when they are on overwatch...

Avalon8Avalon8 Member Posts: 37
edited June 2016 in Bug Reports
I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but since the new update, my people are acting very stupid when they are on overwatch.. (Actually I should be happy that I have at least the "Overwatch-Function" back, because yesterday there was no end button at all.. :wink: ) I'd like to know if this is a bug or just a general change in the gameplay.

I know that the new update said "AI is more intelligent" - and indeed, the raiders are acting like they got a huge IQ-boost while my survivors forgot everything about smart behavior in a combat.. But is this new stupidity of my survivors really intended? Yes, before the update my survivors din't always act very smart but now it seems very extreme and more common..

If you look at the Shooter, Lizzy, why did she shoot a walker that was like miles away, instead of the one that was walking towards her and was clearly aggressive and not wandering or unaware... Looks like the game is forcing me to use meele-guys only.. :tired_face: lol

(FYI English is not my native language, but I hope it's understandable.) :smile:

I tried to make screenshots and added some information...

First Picture: Doesn't need any words... :wink:
Second picuture: The Walker attacked her because she didn't interrupt him
Third picture: There is a walker behind the "walkers turn" button. It was walking towards my warrior..

.....And yes, 1 of my girls ended in hospital because I had to flee. ... :tired_face:

There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart.
We do what we need to do, and then we get to live. No matter what - we'll be okay.
This is how we survive: We tell ourselves that we are the walking dead.

1.JPG 103.4K
2.JPG 108.7K
3.JPG 111.4K
VerbaubJackBauerJulialiciousStellaire57

Comments

• VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I am also having this problem on The Chase.
    My shooter/hunter will pick someone off who is 2/3 of the way across the screen, while there are walkers bearing down on them two or three spaces away.
    @TK-421 @Teeceezy
    Is this intentional, or is it a bug in the survivor AI?
    Avalon8
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 163
    I've been having trouble with OW, since before the latest update. Didn't get any resolution from my in-game ticket, other than a general "we're aware of it" response and some gold tossed my way. @Teeceezy
    IGN: Sarah
    Line: sarah01ea
    Boss Lady's Email: [email protected]
    Recruiter & Elder of NO CURE ::::::: WALKERS CURE ::::::: THE NEW CURE
    No Cure | Walkers Cure | The New Cure

⚔ Walkers are the Disease. We are THE CURE. ⚔

Tired of Eating Chocolate Pudding and Pouring the Bisquick Alone?

CLICK HERE and Check Us Out! You Know You're Curious...
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    If you check the thread I started yesterday on this, it's explained that the system is working as designed (unfortunately). It was this way before the update.
    If an enemy is adjacent to your survivor, Overwatch will not activate for that survivor. You need at least one cell between them.

I also am calling for a fix to the inane targeting. Ranged survivors need to target the closest enemy and/or the one that will attack them.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Avalon8[Deleted User]
  • Avalon8Avalon8 Member Posts: 37
    @theRealBender
    Thank you :smile:

But I know that there has to be more than 1 cell to activate OW - if you mean the last picture - there were at least 2 cells beetwen the walker and the shooter - I was just too slow taking a screenshot :wink:

Yes I really hope the devs will look into this and / or give us the option to choose a target we want to interrupt / attack while overwatching.

There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart.
    We do what we need to do, and then we get to live. No matter what - we'll be okay.
    This is how we survive: We tell ourselves that we are the walking dead.

JulialiciousStellaire57
  • ElkadorElkador Member Posts: 81
    I have the same problem and i am sure that the attacking walker was 2 cells away. My hunter and the shooter both attacked walker caming from the left in overwatch which were 5 and 4 cells away
    Avalon8
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Very annoying bug(?), I often occur the same Problem! :(
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Looking into this.
    Avalon8
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    Teeceezy said:

Looking into this.

@Teeceezy when will this bug finally fixed? today, i am experienced this bug in the XP exploration mission. Two walkers straight on line in front of me. the first one is 2 cells away and the other one is 4 cells away. So, the second one cant reach me, but my stupid scout raises his hands like he wants to interrupt the first walker and nothing happend! No interrupt attack on the walker! But my scout was attacked by the first walker! it's unbelievable...
    It looks like my scout waited for interrupting the walker who is 4 cells away. :/

Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family