Episode 6 The Best Remain Buried Stuck

LorindLorind Member Posts: 52
I'm totally stuck on this mission and it's getting frustrating. This is the one where walkers are in the ground and you need to watch your step. I've watched videos and I'm not stepping in the wrong spots yet I'm still getting swarmed. In the videos I watched it looked simple, watch out for the dirt patches and go slowly is what I saw and there wasn't swarming like in my game. No matter what I do I'm swarmed by walkers before I can get to the end of the map. If anyone has advice please help!

Are you ready to meet

Then check out our Guild Thread

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    You have to be very careful that your white path arrow doesn't even slightly cross a mound. Also as you get all three survivors one move from the exit don't be afraid to run for it, crossing mounds or not. Time is your enemy as much as the mounds. If you are too careful the swarm will overwhelm your survivors. Move 1AP, then another. Remember that the object here is to get to the exit, not kill the walkers. It's not like a challenge where you want to avoid injury and wrestling lock ups, the goal here is get three survivors into the little blue box. Good luck. Just think, you have this to look forward to in the future!
    DoTakwidowmakerT_12
  • LorindLorind Member Posts: 52
    Thank you!! I will try again in a bit and follow your suggestions. Hopefully tonight's the night for me to finally beat this monstrosity :-)

Are you ready to meet

Oh my! I just looked at the screenshot. Maybe I'm good on episode 6 for a while lol

Are you ready to meet

Good luck @Lorind. I thought I would never get past about four different missions so just keep fighting the good fight.
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 681
    thats funny @NCDawgFan i love that one ill do it just to get a screen full of fatties comin after me & yea @Lorind be careful plus the big mounds have the fatties in them & the small mounds have reg walkers in them & yea good luck & help is here whenever needed
    widowmaker
    @mcbkhicks I have just about given up hope to beat 12-3 on nightmare mode. My two survivors can't save themselves much less rescue that wimpy scout across the fence line.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @NCDawgFan been parked at that level a while myself
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    I'm try to be a "can-do" guy @Imfgunnut but this one is kicking my arse time after time after time. I have not even come close to opening the gate yet. I think I need to buy the "Daryl RPG Bundle" to have a chance.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @NCDawgFan someone on here gave me some advice on beating it a while back. All interrupt I think.

It was @KaLi in this thread http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/9849/any-advice-for-11-4-nightmare-12-3-nightmare-or-13-5-hard

But I see you posted there today ha
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    That advice wasn't any help unfortunately. I can't protect the scout with only two survivors against walkers coming from all 4 sides that can't be killed without multiple shots. You can only interrupt two at a time. It's a real conundrum. May the Force be with us both....
    @Imfgunnut, since 12-3 was whipping my butt, I thought I would give 13-1 on nightmare mode a try. Not a good decision. All those level 22 and 23 armored walkers along the railroad track are just overwhelming. Oh well...
    Ugh now I keep either losing when I'm 1 move away from the finish. I'm at least getting closer! I'm on mobile so I tend to hit the bad patches in the ground accidentally when my finger covers one up. I am determined to beat this mission.

Are you ready to meet

@Lorind just zoom your screen to double the size of the small area where you are moving (if you can do that on a cell). If your white line even grades the mound, here comes the walker. Keep fighting and don't get discouraged. One day soon you will be battling a higher level mission and look back on thus one and just laugh.
    mcbkhicksT_12
    I did it, soooo excited. Thanks for the great advice and support. GL on those nightmare levels :-)

Are you ready to meet

Congrats @Lorind.
  • chrissbergstromchrissbergstrom Member Posts: 5
    Holy crap I have spent hours and hours on this level the videos did not give the detailed instructions like you guys did I was oblivious to the mounds till I read this..... Damn I was ready to break my phone lol
    T_12