Team and tactics for grinding level 18th+ mobs

dozeratidozerati Member Posts: 20
Finally got my first 18th trio (2 hunters,1 shooter) team,yay me!

Ok so I also noticed there is a big shift in difficulty between episode 11 and 12,mobs go from like level 13 to 18.My old tactic in the previous levels was always to simply get close with my long range toons and almost never shoot and just kill mobs by overwatch,this made levels easy as respawn was always minimal.
This doesn't work now,mobs lvl 18th don't go down with single overwatch shots.So...this brings us to my question:

What is your prefered team composition and favorite tactics for grinding lvl 18+ mobs ?
A follow up subject: if it is just for experience gain,would it be just more practical/efficient to grind on the lower lvl mobs since there is much less risk of injury and downtime?

Quickly looking I didnt see this specific topic posted as of late but if this was discussed feel free to link,tks.
alnod

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    By grind, do you mean exploration missions?

If so, your trio is perfect. Use the hunters to clear out walkers agressively, while shooter collects chests. Move him last in case you need the extra fire power.

Move to the exit as soon as you can.

If you are down to use gold for gas, finish the mission and roll right into the next.

If you are free to play only or mostly, hang out and kill for XP until they start to close in on you.

If you meant grind in story missions, don't know how to help there.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickmasmith93OvidmikelLightfeet
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2016
    @dozerati what @ imfgunnut said good advice
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Does using over watch reduce the spawn? I thought it doesn't affect the number of spawns that appear.
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2016
    @Shut_Up you're correct over watch didn't attract more walkers to the spawn but it's impossible to just use overwatch for me anyway I have lvl 18s with mostly maxed gear playing recommended lvl 18 xp missions
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @Ovidmikel I've seen people use this technique and it doesn't make much sense to me since or if it do sent affect the spawn rate. I guess some people have taken the fact that over watch isn't supposed to alert or attract them (however you prefer to word it) and understand that to mean it also spawns fewer walkers. I wouldn't use overeat have only on story or exploration missions.