Survivor progression changes: Official discussion thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    @Zzslayer0302 yea the survivors dont max like they used to they max by training ground lvl & council lvl as they go up so will the survivors
  • paul558paul558 Member Posts: 5
    I hope I'm in the right place . What if you dont want the survivors you have called for using your radio calls there's no way of rejecting them so you can use your radio calls anymore until late you pick one .
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    @paul558 you have to click on one of those called first, then below them will be the option to reject or accept.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Oh snap! So upon upgrading my first survivor to Level 19 and upping my exploration mission Rec. Level to 19, the food reward went from 9700-10000, which I knew would happen and frankly seemed rather low (like people are saying is the case with XP)...but then I finished the mission and upon opening reward boxes, found a range of anything from 5700 to a whopping 8400 in a single REGULAR box (and 10000 in the one silver box I got with food), as opposed to the 4000-4300 from the previous level. That's nearly double on average!

I knew it would go up, but I'm VERY pleased about this! It will make upgrading buildings go significantly faster (I had been averaging, without spending money, .9M tomatoes/day or so; now I imagine it'll be a clean 1M)...now if only we could get more food pulls from food expl. missions, instead of the higher likelihood of gear/XP/gold/whatever else...I don't think it should/needs to be 100% food, but the ratio seemed skewed and the whole point for me of doing food missions is, well, food.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Yes I am also pleased with the increase of supplies from all levels of mission crates
    Back from 2016 :p
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 166
    edited July 2016
    @DLich thanks for the explanation, but it's still not what was represented by @Teeceezy who stated no current survivors would be lesser than before update.
    It's unfair to punish everyone who has epics, but not handicap any other group.
    They should either fix it, or reimburse with tokens as my epics are taking more damage as of update. Epic playability has exclusively been nerfed by NG...so they didn't do their jobs, and said screw the epics and went to the bar. If the system you create is biased, then fix it or start over, not my fault NG wants to do half ass work!!!

They need to make this right, not just add it to the pile of" we might fix it if we get around to it..."

This is basically in game, OH YOUR AN EPIC you shall be shunned!

I had 13 epics before upgrade, and I need to spend 250 x 13 tokens just to have what I had before 1.10

This is just another money grab, manipulating a group that is fairly substantial.

Still waiting for a response from NG, let them explain and justify their reason for lying to us all.

@Teeceezy @OldGoth

Mod edit: zbot 7/3/16 4:13 pm,

@Grinch , let's not make light of the word, also keep your posts constructive. If you have a beef with the developers, don't be a jerk about it. Say your piece and move on.
    JBreeze38fistonltdDLichAvalon8
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 107
    I feel like the odds of pulling a legendary survivor are a whole lot more slimmer now. Instead we must use this new token form of currency to upgrade from within. Can't say I am completely happy with the system so far but on a different note Next has allowed ways to better gain XP. With that said I think the token system is more of a cash grab but Next has been fair in other areas pertaining to the escalating economy situation surrounding leveling up gear/survivors. The unlimited gas and 2xp is a fair deal to offset the extraordinary xp costs when upgrading gear at max levels.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    The chances of dropping Legendaries from radio calls have not been altered.
    theRealBenderMizTyblynknzant
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @OldGoth that being said, the odds are pretty low anyway. Also new legendaries once leveled are not as powerful as before until two of their traits have been upgraded, at a cost of scrapping 2 further legendaries or 4 epics. Given the random nature of radio drops and subsequent survivor pulls, can you comment any further on plans to make tokens available in some other way? I know it is not meant to be easy to progress survivors, but the restrictions of the current system are detracting slightly from what is definitely a positive change to the game.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Can't discuss details or the time frame yet, no. Sorry.
    Pain Walker
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    OldGoth said:

Can you at least confirm/deny that other possibilities are being considered? Just wanting to know if there's some hope of something other than grinding for radios for those of us who don't have tons of money to just buy radios ...
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    zbot said:
    Aha, thank you - that thread seemed a bit meandering so I hadn't skimmed it yet, was looking through the focused ones, heh. Just what I wanted to know.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    OldGoth said:

Since I'm feeling snarky, this quote is an answer itself that confirms the existence of tokens from other sources because it says there are details and there is a time frame. Furthermore, "yet" is included which also confirms its existence and even tells you the mentioned details and time frame may be forthcoming.
    ;)
    Back from 2016 :p
    blynknz
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Since I really do not have time to read all 555 replies in this thread, I'll assume my question has been dealt with. I'll accept my spanking and will start crying accordingly right now, in expectation of it.

That being said, I need some explanation.

I get to use tokens to upgrade traits.
    I need to upgrade all traits to the max in order to get the survivor another star.
    All good and well.

Now I have this epic Assault I'd like to get to legendary.
    They four traits:
    Marksman lvl 4 (this one is glowing green)
    Iron skin lvl 3
    Dodge lvl 3
    Bullet Dodge lvl 3

From the glowing of the marksman trait I'm assuming that one is maxed.
    So I need to up all the other three one more level to get my fifth star on this survivor.

Here comes the questions:

Question 1:
    There's a green line around the Bullet Dodge trait.
    So I assume this one will be upgraded to lvl 4.
    But I want to first upgrade the Dodge trait.
    How do I select that one???
    And no, simply tapping the other traits does not work.

Question 2
    Upgrading one trait costs me 120 tokens.
    Will 360 tokens be all I need to get that 5th star?

If I do this correctly then below should be a screenshot of my survivor.

edited July 2016
    @MadPuppy

Question 1 answer : you cannot choose which trait to upgrade. It starts from the bottom working its way up

Question 2 answer : no, after upgrading all traits with 120 each you will need to spend an additional 120 to promote

ALSO :

I see this is a 1.09 epic (the top trait is listed as a 4 before the other ones). If you pulled an epic after 1.10 was released you'll notice all 4 traits would be listed as a 3 and would thus cost you an additional 120 tokens to upgrade that one.

1.09 epic's cost 480 tokens to promote to legendary (3 traits at 120 each + 120 to promote)
    1.10 epic's cost 600 tokens to promote to legendary (4 traits at 120 each + 120 to promote)

PR0DJMizTy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Wow. Thanks for the info.

It's pre 1.09 indeed. All my epics are.

It'll take a while, but I'm sure to be having legendaries now... eventually.

So far I have had bad luck with radio's, even during events. Which is annoying ofcourse, but hey, such is the nature of luck.

At least now I will eventually make my own luck, and have my first legendary. And it will be an Assault, my favorite class.

I can live and enjoy the game with these numbers. I'm patient enough for it.
    LadyAquilaMizTy
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited July 2016
    @MadPuppy
    1. You can not.
    2. No. To promote you will need more tokens.

(edit. maybe I should reload page before answer =) )
    DLichMadPuppy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    Someone help me along a little, please... Might have been confusing myself here... :p

1.10 epics cost more to upgrade to legendaries - got it.

1. But 1.09 rares cost more to upgrade, right? Since they only got 5 trait points while the 1.10 rares have 6.

2. Promoting uncommons to rares would cost 48 tokens, right? And then they would have 2 traits at level 2 and one at level 1 she'll be up to par with 1.09 rares, correct?

3. But it is still cheaper to upgrade an 1.10 epic to legendary than a 1.09 rare?

From what I gather I would need 360 tokens to raise a 1.09 rare to an epic and would end up with an epic that has 10 trait points. But only 240 for a 1.10 rare, same amount of trait points. But a 1.10 epic has 12 points already (while a 1.09 epic has 13 - good I kept all of them besides of some bruisers)...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    edited July 2016
    @Jaden 1.09 rares do cost more to upgrade than 1.10 rares (60 tokens more)

Upgrading uncommon to rare cost 48 yes but should have 3 Lvl 2 traits like 1.10 rares do

It's 120 tokens less upgrading a 1.09 epic to legendary than it is a 1.10 epic to legebdary.

I recommend everyone throw out their 1.09 rares. It's less expensive to upgrade a 1.10 uncommon to epic then it is a 1.09 rare to epic.

1.09 rares need 4 traits and 1 promotion totaling 300.

edited July 2016
    1.10 uncommon to rare costs 48
    1.10 rare to epic costs 240
    Total of 288

Upgrading a 1.09 rare to epic costs 300

1.09 rares are useless in the scheme of things. Im waiting for a 5 second survivor/equipment upgrade to retire them when I buy double XP bundle.

I repeat

1.09 rares are useless!!

Only benefit is you see the 3rd trait rather than it be random in the upgrade process.

With the 1.10 update here are the benefits and disadvantages of each rarity

1.09 rares cost 60 extra tokens to upgrade to epic BUT the first trait is automatically a silver. To me dumping 1.09 rares make the most sense

1.09 epics cost 120 less tokens to upgrade to epic BUT the first trait goes to a level 4 and won't become "gold" status again until youve fully maxed that survivor to full legendary (1730 tokens until that becomes a pre 1.10 gold trait. I can live with this 3% loss in comparison to 1.10 epic upgrade token costs

1.09 legendaries cost the same to max as 1.10 legendaries do. But 1.09 legendaries get 2 maxed (gold traits) where 1.10 get 5 level 4 traits. This is a wash in my opinion and slightly advantageous to 1.09 legendaries.

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    edited July 2016
    Thanks. Though I think I will have to read that again tomorrow.

I will still keep my rare warrior but just because I am fond of him. Might not upgrade the 1.10 epic warrior I got, though, since I am not completely fond of her traits.

I got an uncommon I am also attached to and might promote her instead. Have to think about it some more. :p
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    edited July 2016
    Lastly...

1.09 rares with unlocked traits got 2 silver and 1 bronze. This equates in 1.10 to 3,1,1. A 1.10 rare gets 3 even traits at 2,2,2. So one is 3% more while 2 are 3% less.

1.09 epics with unlocked traits got 2 gold and 2 silver. This equates to 4,3,3,3. You are receiving a 4th trait at "silver" level 3 by doing nothing which is 9% but your 1st trait is lowered by 3% AND your 1.09 costs less tokens (120) to upgrade than a 1.10 epic which reveives 4 even traits at 3,3,3,3.

1.09 legendaries with unlocked traits AND 18/19 legendaries had 2 gold and 2 silver traits (1 gold and 2 silver for 18/19 legendaries). This equates to 5,5,4,3,3. You are receiving a bonus 3% for your third trait and given a 5th trait at "silver" level by doing nothing which is 9%. 1.10 legendaries are given 5 traits at level 4 each (4,4,4,4,4). So although the costs are the same to upgrade either to max (1250 tokens) your 1.09 legendary starts out with 2 traits (first 2 with an extra 3% each) while their last 2 traits (one was given free in update) cost 120 tokens each "extra" to upgrade. I write the quotes because your spending the same amount of tokens whether its 1.09 or 1.10 but your tokens go to unlocking different traits at different times.

I think I covered it all!!

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @DLich Sorry mate, but I disagree there. I have a L18 rare hunter and shooter and get are fecking awesome!!!!!!
    No way I'll ditch them unless I turn up more legendaries in those categories. In fact, I'm quite prepared to spend a handful more tokens to promote them.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    DLich
    @Neil_J to each his own :)

• KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 168
    I dont like this upgrading system. A survivor should be upgraded by using him or her in fight. Where Do you Learn more than by acting?
This discussion has been closed.