How do you progress through the Guild Challenge Maps?

Assuming you don't use gas booster, how do you progress through the Guild Challenge Maps?

My current strategy is to burn through all 6 of the maps the first two times through when the gas cost is 3. After that, I will start to only play 2 of the maps every 30 minutes, and then eventually only one of the maps. This way, I can get one map nearly closed out on Day 1, and use my videos to open crates on higher Recommended Survivor Levels for better rewards. The 2nd day I will focus on one or two more maps; again trying to space out when I reach the higher RSL to get better use of my videos on higher RSL missions. This way, I don't get all my RSL 18+ maps on the last 2 days, and then have to "ration" my videos for crates.

Would love to hear how you guys go through the Guild Challenges!
EL34xyzTheLostOnesAndriusPR0DJIllbrainerJadentheRealBender

Comments

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Hmm, sounds like a good strategy
    Maybe I'll give that a try
    OneLessTitanPR0DJant
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I like the sound of your strategy too, @OneLessTitan. I pretty much run through them in order, only jumping around if I want to run certain ones to fulfill a quest or I am looking for a long or short playing episode. When I had videos to play, I used to go run some deadlies to get the most from them. But without the deadlies, your strategy sounds worth trying.
    OneLessTitan
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I like your strategy @OneLessTitan

I usually avoid playing too much one or two missions that I know I would be able to complete with a quest set-up like "all bruiser" for later in the week.

But I guess your strategy covers that as well and I like the thinking behind the videos.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    AndriusOneLessTitan[Deleted User]SlickRick
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Another benefit of leaving one or two maps at lower levels for the last day or two is if you get a Use All-Bruiser/Scout/Warrior team as a later quest, you then have lower level maps to complete them if you don't want to save them for the next week.

Also, it's kind of nice to try a high RSL mission (20/21+, if you have level 18 survivors) as your last mission. That way, if you get severely beaten, you can let your A-Squad heal overnight.

I'm still tweaking my strategy...I'm sure there is a more optimal way of doing things by staggering the maps so that early in the day I'm hitting high RSL and using videos, then getting a different map to high RSLs later in the evening when the videos start up again.
  • I've wanted to ask the same thing @OneLessTitan I go through 4 maps always saving 2 for quests. As the days go by and I've done all the quests for this challenge I'll do the remaining two maps as they mathematically fit in my gas planning. It's nice to have a map that takes 4 gallons of fuel, when I have 4 gallons of fuel left.
    OneLessTitan
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,576
    @OneLessTitan Thank you for sharing!

In the past, I usually use my videos on exploration missions and use leftover gas on challenges, until I get to the point where challenge missions were at the same recommended survivor level as my exploration missions. This made sense when deadlies still existed so there were better drops in missions, but now I'm trying to figure out something new. I like your strategy a lot more, and agree with you that this also lets you still do the "use all bruiser" type quests. I've typically just saved those for a week and waited till the beginning of the next challenge.
    OneLessTitanLadyAquila
  • KillMeNowPlsKillMeNowPls Member Posts: 15
    I was under the impression that videos come only when NG has sold that slot for a view. I figured that you could only watch videos that sponsors had paid for... and that not all slots were bought. So, it's random whether or not you'll get a video to watch when you finish a job.

Thus, I don't save videos. I watch them if I have the time, because there is no "saving" videos. It's just chaos.
    @KillMeNowPls -- I have no idea how the videos actually work, but I was under the impression that you typically get 4 videos to watch after missions every 8 hours or so. I have no idea how the timer for that works...does the counter start after you watch the first video? does the timer start after you watch the 4th video? Is there no timer?

I know it's not a perfect system since I will sometimes not watch a video, then not have a video available 5 minutes later, then have a video available 5 minutes later.
    [Deleted User]PR0DJ
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    It's 4 videos every 6 to 6.5 hours from our testing (on android) so if you use all 4 videos , you should have 4 new after the playing of the first video. Where it gets tricky is if you don't use all of the videos , you don't get 4 added on to the remainder but seem to get topped back up at 4 (so if you have 2 videos left , you get an additional 2) more testing is required on this , but quite honestly , there's been bigger fish to fry in the testing department lol ..

One thing I can say with certainty is that the extra crate open videos run completely independent of the actual cinema videos.
    Illbrainer
    @Japes87 -- I have over two months of game logs with time info and whether a video was available, and if I watched it...You'd think I'd be motivated to try to find the pattern...but apparently I'm not...
    Japes87PR0DJ
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @OneLessTitan I think you can get a pass on this one brother , there's about a hundred other more important things you have dedicated your time to figuring out in NML for the general good of the community, as long as the videos work *most* of the time , that's good enough for me :)
    Ovidmikel
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    I play according to @OneLessTitan 's strategy for 3-4 challenges now. Exactly the same. The only thing you have to have an eye on is not to stick too much on the higher levels for not wasting gas and loosing stars.

Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited June 2016
    I also had no video available, scrapped an item directly and suddenly got a video after that. So really not sure how those work but I don't safe them for too long anymore since it seems that I'm watching less than when I watch them more frequently.

Strategy... Well... I run through them until they start to become challenging and then play those who are most fun, the others only if I can't make the fun ones anymore or if I'd have to wait for them to become playable again. So... No real strategy and yours sounds much better. Gonna give that a try next time. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I liked your strategy for this challenge @OneLessTitan. My biggest problem with it was the boredom of concentrating on just two maps at the start. I even had a couple of high level ones that I could do today to take advantage of the extra gold/silver crates.
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    I kinda do the same thing, though not as well
    As for the videos, they are acting kinda wired, l use to save them but now that does not seem to work, it's more use em or lose em right now, not saying it is the same for everyone but in my area it is for sure