Walkers on Fire

What's the logic here. I was trying to do mission 12.5 and there's a pit that spawns walkers on fire. The whole idea of walkers on fire defeats the buffs that melee classes have gotten over time. If your survivor attacks a walker on fire with melee, even if it kills it, your survivor receives damage.

I had no prior experience of that map, but anyone with any insight would be foolish to bring a melee survivor to play on a map which features walkers on fire, on top of the fact that they spawn in a cluster. I think walkers on fire do nothing but pigeon-hole players into using only ranged survivors.
PR0DJ[Deleted User]

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Yes. Episode 12 is full of firewalker missions so DON'T bring melee survivors, while episode 13 is full of armoured walker missions so DO bring melee.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    MizTyOvidmikelzoson
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    maylifebe said:

I think walkers on fire do nothing but pigeon-hole players into using only ranged survivors.

Gee, maybe you're onto something there.
    Tapatio75SpringChicken
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    Similarly, there are some missions in The Forest Challenge that contain walkers on fire. Don't bring melee survivors for those missions.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I actually think its a good way to get players out of their comfort zones. Still frustrating until you figure it out, of course. ;)
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    Just wait until you get to try story mission 12 on nightmare mode @maylifebe. Nothing like a herd of blazing level 22 and 23 walkers to get your heart beating....
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited June 2016
    @NCDawgFan
    Yeah, I tried that episode......once.
    I'm not going back to it until I have a bazooka, a tank and a nuke!!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    Does this look familiar @Neil_J ? :smile:
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @NCDawgFan It's nigh on impossible at current levels.
    Actually, make that beyond possible.
    I tried it once, got slaughtered and haven't been back in there since!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    NCDawgFan