Rick Bundle for assault

BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
Well, I'm kind of disappointed seeing no wide spread in this assault rifle but with its unique damage increase then it may be worth to buy for special situation.
ggbatsWalkerBait1

Comments

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016
    It's labeled like a unique weapon. So the question is, what does "more damage" mean? Is it really unique and it has more base damage or something? Or is that just describing the gold Lethal trait & silver Destructive trait that we see on it?

@Teeceezy
    Back from 2016 :p
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    It's base damage is higher than other legendary assault rifles (at same lvls). It's the trade-off for lack of spread
    theRealBender
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783

It's base damage is higher than other legendary assault rifles (at same lvls). It's the trade-off for lack of spread

Have you seen what the difference is on the base damage? Also it also seems that lack of spread means less than even the base spread of an assault with no trait for spread. I need some clarity on this one myself. Like @theRealBender said, @Teeceezy?
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @theRealBender

I think when the bundle says more damage means two things:

1. Basic damage increase 15% by gold skull trait.
    2. Critical damage 40% increase by silver crit. damage trait. This damage requires critical attack to kick in to take effect and because of gold luck, it may occur more often.

But for me, any assault rifle must have at least silver wide spread to be very useful since basic damage of assault rifle is not that great compared to hunter & shooter's. So assault rifle can compensate with larger spread with its special charge ability (stun).
    SgtSalami
    edited June 2016
    If someone buys it kindly post here in this thread, thank you :smile: We may not hear from a mod until Monday Finland time.
    PR0DJ
    I got it, and lvl'd it up. It's my new favorite assault rifle, actually. Lack of spread is a burdensome price to pay, but it hits really hard.

When leveled up, it's: "947" base + Lethal 15% (vs. '812' base of other lvl 21 asssult weapons)

I'd say use Governor's Assault rifle if Assault's role on team is to "soften up" a bunch of high lvl walkers. Rick's Assault if role is to hit fewer walkers but to take them out.
    BorutotheRealBenderzosonJapes87
    edited June 2016
    @Boruto I generally agree that the spread is needed, though I run with no spread increase weapons in the past. Including just testing to see how it "plays." If what you say you say is correct, which very well could be what they are saying, then a weapon with those traits will be a pass for $19.99 for me. But if it is something that is the Morgan bundle where there is something unique and not just the traits, it could be something to be considered.

EDIT I was posting as @SpacemanSpiff was posting.
    here...
    theRealBenderzosonJapes87

I got it, and lvl'd it up.

That was quick answer for sure :)
    SpacemanSpiffPR0DJ
    edited June 2016
    Hi guys,

You're right, this is kind of unique weapon after seeing @SpacemanSpiff answer.
    I've never seen any weapon that can change its base damage before.
    My apologies.
    mcbkhicks
    @SpacemanSpiff

Thanks for the quick answer. Just wondering what's your secret leveling up so fast? ;)
    SpacemanSpiff
    Cool we have our answer. It is a UNIQUE assault rifle as it has about 15% more base damage. Put that on an Assault survivor with gold Lucky and it will do lots of damage frequently, to multiple targets. It is tempting I must say. I would have to think about how it compares to a similar Hunter survivor carrying a rifle with gold Large Caliber.
    BorutoPR0DJ
    My secret is that I've spent thousands & thousands of dollars on this game. I'm not proud of that at all. But I don't miss the money. If that makes any sense, lol
    theRealBender
    edited June 2016
    @SpacemanSpiff

Yeah, good for you. ;)
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2016
    I think if i were to spend the 27.99CAD on it, the weapon would have to have next to perfect traits. I'm so disappointed with pretty much all the class weapons offered other than Morgans staff and Michonnes katana.
    PR0DJ
    edited June 2016
    I just did some quick calculation to compare legendary assault with this leveled up rifle with legendary hunter without lethal trait.
    Total damage for assault: 1543 (survivor damage 454 + 1089 (rifle base damage 947 + 15% lethal trait) )
    Total damage for hunter: 1605 (survivor damage 725 + rifle base damage 880)

Only 3.8% less than hunter. Not bad.
    PR0DJ
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    edited June 2016
    "more damage" cuz of the traits it gives. bottom line is this has a little boost to atk. just a crappy trait with no interrupt or wide spread
    zoson
    @Amazayn that is incorrect. read up on this thread. with Lethal it gives around 30% more damage over a regular assault rifle every hit. that's before critical damage
    Boruto
    i just said little atk boost...
    i rather have wide spread + interrupt than 30% atk boost. assaulter isn't really an attacker, more like to control the mobs. but up to you if you want to spend $20 lol
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016

with Lethal it gives around 30% more damage over a regular assault rifle every hit. that's before critical damage

But regular assault rifle can have Lethal trait as well!
    So basicaly what I see here

When leveled up, it's: "947" base + Lethal 15% (vs. '812' base of other lvl 21 asssult weapons)

It base on 21lvl has +16.6% more damage.
    On legendary Assault lvl18 total damage increase is +10,6% (1401 vs 1266).

So it's not big deal but enough to take it with you on some missions where walkers or saviors just need this little boost to die from first attack. And wide spread...hm...I guess you can decide depending on a map.

Bottom line: It would be better if they increased base dmg even more a little bit (say not 16.6% but 25%, so it can be about 15% total on survivor), but replaced Lethal trait with gold critical chance or silver interrupt + gold destructive. That would be unquestionable buy.

But there is gold in bundle, not much, but at least they start to understand (I hope) that bundle without gold and arguable weapon - should cost like 5$ max.
    Not all Assault rifles have the Lethal trait ....
    PR0DJ
    edited June 2016
    Amazayn said:

i rather have wide spread + interrupt than 30% atk boost. assaulter isn't really an attacker, more like to control the mobs. but up to you if you want to spend $20 lol

"Assault isn't really an attacker" because he very often need this 10-30% dmg boost to eliminate the targets from first attack. My walkers often just still standing with 100hp after an Assault attack. So how wide spread is panacea if after Assault attack on 10 wandering walkers you will still have 8 walkers standing but now all aggressive?
    edited June 2016
    I would say that 1401 dmg +15% = 1611 for an Assault- it is very good indeed.

EDIT. Sorry I added to wrong number. As @Boruto said: Total damage for assault: 1543
    @SpacemanSpiff tell us more how you feel using this riffle (or how walkers feel)))).
    I'm still thinking.)
    Boruto said:

I just did some quick calculation to compare legendary assault with this leveled up rifle with legendary hunter without lethal trait.
    Total damage for assault: 1543 (survivor damage 454 + 1089 (rifle base damage 947 + 15% lethal trait) )
    Total damage for hunter: 1605 (survivor damage 725 + rifle base damage 880)

Only 3.8% less than hunter. Not bad.

1605/1543=1.04, so it's 4% less.))
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited June 2016
    The MORE DAMAGE part has been left out in the german translation.... For us the description says SMALLER AREA only. :s

Question is if the spread is smaller than the usual area or if that only means that there are no silver/gold spread traits. @SpacemanSpiff Could you please kindly confirm that the spread is not smaller than usual?
    edited June 2016
    Lightfeet said:

The MORE DAMAGE part has been left out in the german translation.... For us the description says SMALLER AREA only. :s

Question is if the spread is smaller than the usual area or if that only means that there are no silver/gold spread traits. @SpacemanSpiff Could you please kindly confirm that the spread is not smaller than usual?

@Lightfeet why don't you play English version, there are no fancy words in this game.)
    I think if there was smaller area - he would say so right in first message. And I can not really imagine how it can possible be smaller.
    @Lightfeet That's why I always play games in English, unless it was designed in mine. And watch movies without translation, because even very accurate translation is sucks and sound totally different than voices of real characters. So awful.
    (couple of exceptions could be some crazy shows where a lot of inside jokes and references which good translator can rephrase good enough or even funnier for another language)
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Which Rick outfit came with the bundle?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time