Farm level...

Has anyone worked out if it is cost effective to raise the farm level past seven?

Comments

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I feel it's worth it up to lvl 9. Even with recent updates to the lvl 10 farms they are still my second-to-last structures to level up.
    Back from 2016 :p
    Jenng
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    But leveling up is still worth it. In my experience the level-everything approach does indeed lead to better equipment drops.
    JenngGonkistan
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 172
    Thanks!
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    I considered this recently when upgrading my crops from 9 to 10

At 9 I earn 2200 an hour each but while upgrading they don't earn anything. It takes I believe 26 hours and 1.52 mil supplies to do the upgrade.

2200 x 26 hours = 57,200 supplies not generating while its upgrading.

Since I'll now earn an extra 800 supplies per hour... 57,200 divided by 800 = 71.5 hours.

So it takes 71.5 hours (3 days) to recoup the 57,200 lost during the 26 hours it was upgrading. Is it worth it? Yes. Because you generate supplies while you sleep its best to get as many as you can.

That's just my opinion in it anyway.

But don't ever upgrade a farm plot during a 2x supplies weekend event. You'll lose more then you'd gain. Just upgrade it before or after the event.

When / if NG dones another 2x supplies event I'll make a post about it like I did last time.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Jenng
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I'm with @Dale. It's way to easy to fall prey to the desire to upgrade your survivors at all costs, while ignoring the rest of your camp. Ultimately, this strategy will put you in the very frustrating position of having high level survivors that only pull crap gear from regular or TG crates. The faster you upgrade your camp, the faster you get better gear. High level farms are the key to that.
    DLichJenngDaleGonkistan
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Consider that you can get to level 50 with only lvl 9 farms and lvl 8 tents. At this level you can pull gear high enough that you can't even use until the next game version update.
    Back from 2016 :p
    DLichJenng
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @DLich
    The thing to add is Long Term Vs Short Term.
    You are not taking into account the 1.5m supplies that it takes to level it. So based on that you get 800 extra per hour, thats 1875 hours to get that 1.5m back. Thats 78days.
    So you are worse off for 2.5 months, but then it works out to be better.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    @blynknz true but the supplies are meant to level things around camp anyways. I find it best to maximize the quantity of which resource is used to upgrade things in camp.

If you dump everything into training grounds it's gonna take longer to aquire enough resources to upgrade buildings with low level farm crops so it's not a total waste.

With unlimited gas I get 3 mil supplies in a 24 hour period. Enough to upgrade 2 plots. I never consider the amount of supplies needed as a crutch. You're gonna spend em anyway.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Since they raised the cap on production on L10 plots - so they weren't full in 7 hours - I think it's worth taking them to L10 now.
    Well, my 6 are all at 10, anyway!

Now, if only xp could be manufactured that fast...............
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    Currently I'm pulling gear that's higher level than my (L16) Survivors from a 500TG reward crate, my understanding is this is due to the high level of all the buildings in my camp (rather than simply maxing council + training ground)
    theRealBender
  • wolfstewwolfstew Member Posts: 14
    All properties are updated I am sitting at 8961500 maxed out farm supplies.the wait is on and I am not receiving any farm supplies as I am full wish I could upgrade something so I could collect more. Just tents and outposts to collect and they are slow because there is only 2 and 1 verses 6 farm plots oh well
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 683
    I just got all of mine to level 8. I like the idea of them working to get me supplies while I'm at work. I need a lot of tomatoes to do several upgrades.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Just got mine to 10, trying very hard to get everything leveled up before the update, very excited about it