Best strategy for weapons

Hi everyone,

How's the best strategy when level up the character and there's a better weapon to use. For example: I've got a char level 5 (weapon damage 47 - Blue), the game says she has a better gear to equip (damage 48 - Green) but my actual weapon has maximum level (power ups full) but lower damage. Which one is the best? 'cause the game seems to consider only damage as factor to change the equipament!

Another question is about rarity - if I have an epic weapon is better than a rare, or doesn't matter the rarity?

Thanks!

Comments

• MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @erasmosoares
    You're right: the system only factors base damage, not the amount of damage the weapon would do if the abilities were activated.

Generally, the higher the rarity, the better the abilities (green lucky 5%, blue 10%, etc), & the traits unlocked last (on the bottom) are stronger than the ones at the top.

When starting out, it's probably best to spend your xp on weapons that give your character a special ability (like retaliation for scouts, wider arc for warrior, & concussion for bruisers)
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 664
    Based on your screenshot, I'd equip the rare (green) rifle because it has the wide bore trait activated. That's the best trait for hunter weapons, imo. When you can, use it to shoot at an angle into a group, you'll hit a lot more walkers that way.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

erasmosoaresJenng
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    Don't waste XP fully improving weapons.

If the weapon is level 7, unless it can do more damage than any level 10 weapon you've seen - don't power it up more than twice.

If it doesn't do more damage than a level 8 - no matter what it's power up is, ditch it.

There are lots of weapons, most of them are trash.
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I only upgrade leg. gear. and even when I get new weapons that do more damage, I often use the lower stuff since they have sweet traits.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    general2673