What Team of Survivors Works Best?

This Thread will be used to discuss which 3 Survivor Types work best.

I personally am happy with the combination of (1) Scout, (1) Bruiser, and (1) Hunter. The Bruiser is essentially my tank and used to take damage while opening a chest, or drawing the attention of a crowd so as to group the zombies up in a line for a swift Hunter kill. The Scout is used to deal finishing blows and take out Zombies I've singled out, also great for instantly killing any Zombie that has grabbed a hold of my Bruiser or Hunter.

When I first enter a room, my goal is to take out zombie groups of 2/3 using only my Bruiser and Scout. The Hunter I continually move forward and only use when necessary, as the first WAVE of zombies usually comes within 2-3 turns and firing shots increases the number of zombies in that wave.

Comments

• Dustin75950Dustin75950 Member Posts: 6
    I've been ditching the bruiser in exchange for another scout. Bruisers often take two turns to kill even low level zombies, so I find it's better to just take them out right with my Scouts. It's pretty easy to line up at least 2 walkers even diagonally, so using a bruiser to line up isn't really necessary for me. I'm sure that may change as we progress into the story though!
    insidethesun
  • insidethesuninsidethesun Member Posts: 14
    My MAIN (3) now is Hunter, Scout, and Shooter. I find them the fastest for clearing out rooms..also I don't now if it's a special ability..or part of my Scout's Retaliate ability..but he is able to sometimes attack (2x) per turn..allowing me to kill 2 Zombies in 1 Action with him...killing everything lined up with my hunter and then taking out random Zombies from afar with the shooter.
  • CoondogCoondog Member Posts: 8
    I like to use a 2 bruiser 1 hunter combo. Gotta be patient but im able to clear deadly missions with a recomended level 2 levels higher than my max. I basically sit back and let then come in range so i can smack a 2 round stun on walkers that aproach, my hunter obviously just wrecks shop on the farther back ranks while my bruisers hold the line and protect him.
    Hollywood
  • dhusagardhusagar Member Posts: 36
    I have found that it takes different combos for different levels. Currently on episode 9.6
    2 hunters doesn't work
    1 hunter 1 samurai doesn't work
    1 scout 1 hunter doesn't work

I'll keep trying variables
  • dhusagardhusagar Member Posts: 36
    Update:
    Just completed 9.6 with 2 hunters (level 10 & 11)
    Hold back and pick them off until after the 1st wave, then get to the vans fast.
    Neil_J
  • ZeraphinaZeraphina Member Posts: 4
    Scout/ Bruiser/ Hunter is my favorite combination. Sometimes 2 scouts and 1 hunter are okay as well. For farming older side missions 2 hunter/ 1 scout is nice because you can kill huge masses of zombies in one move with your team then.
    shAdBman
  • insidethesuninsidethesun Member Posts: 14
    Update:
    Have completed all Episodes with level 10 Survivors.
    Favorite Composition: Hunter, Warrior, Assault

Here's a thread where I discuss why & some pictures of their AOE abilities
  • chrisksychrisksy Member Posts: 34
    @insidethesun What do you think about Hunter+Hunter+Warrior set up, then?
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2015
    Zeraphina said:

Scout/ Bruiser/ Hunter is my favorite combination. Sometimes 2 scouts and 1 hunter are okay as well. For farming older side missions 2 hunter/ 1 scout is nice because you can kill huge masses of zombies in one move with your team then.

Iam using the same for farming. But instead of scout i love shooter. He is nearly as strong as the scout, his special is kickass (only 1 additional kill needed. Every secondround available). And he has a good ammount of health.

Very proud first officer of "Dead Angels"
  • zosonzoson Content Creator Posts: 2,216
    My favorite is Hunter + Scout + Warrior. But different missions require different teams.
    Reverse Escape comes to mind. The only way I've been able to beat this challenge mission with no damage is 2 hunters and a bruiser with dodge to open the door.
    chrisksyCeszar
  • ButtLightButtLight Member Posts: 36
    I personally use 2 hunters 1 shooter most of the time. It works great so far, and I finished all missions as for now using this team. This team attract many zombies yes, but 2 hunters can handle it. The shooter is good for taking down big guys with or without the special skill. Shooter does a lot more damage than scout, due to the skill. Free attack can let your shooter shoot twice, and if 2 of the attacks are critical, the amount of damage is crazy high.
    hideeh0warbird
    Free attack's first hit is always a critical. Shooter does more damage than scout, inarguable for sure. The real difference is you can get 'lucky' with a scout and get more 'free attack' action points with swift strike, a weapon skill that only spawns on scout weapons that at gold level is 15% chance for a free ap.
  • DigitalbudDigitalbud Member Posts: 45
    i am a fan of bruiser hunter hunter. just sit behind bruiser and go to work. not all situations of course but more often than not.
    CONQUER!!!
  • WhySoEgarWhySoEgar Member Posts: 174
    So far for the exception of a very few missions I have run 3 hunters. 1 epic and 2 rare. All lvl 9. I just finished 9-6 with 2 lvl 9 hunters. I do like the bruiser for when I wanna take time.
    Group me info.
    Name - Why So Egar
    Email - [email protected]

• plumdawg69plumdawg69 Member Posts: 4
    Typically for weapon/experience missions I'll use hunter/hunter/scout and can finish before the first wave of walkers even come, but obviously it'll change with each story mission, currently on episode 9 mission 6 and still haven't found good combo.....oh well
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Two hunters and a shooter works best for me although I've only got as far as rescuing the katana wielder so far.
    This combo makes the scavenging levels dead easy too - picking up loads of bonus kills too, generally only exiting a level either when I get bored or when the Mrs gets fed up of hearing gunfire!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Content Creator Posts: 1,108
    I run most levels with 3 hunters, nothing better than taking out 4+ walkers at once and at range so there's less chance of getting damag
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199

I run most levels with 3 hunters, nothing better than taking out 4+ walkers at once and at range so there's less chance of getting damag

I ran with 3 hunters since day one in playing this game. Only recently have I changed it to 2 hunters and 1 shooter after reading this thread.

Thank you to all of you who have been advocating the hunter/shooter team composition. Not only is it more effective than my 3 hunters team, it has really enhanced my enjoyment of this game.

The hunter/shooter team has as much killing power as my previous hunter team, but it is also more flexible in its ability to handle more diverse situations and missions.
    If I know the mission's terrain is going to be close quarters combat akin to The Room where ranged weapons would be at a disadvantage, I always go with my 2 bruisers and 1 scout team. This all melee team is silent and deadly.

With this team I have racked up the most kills and experience points from a single mission. If I know a mission is going to be difficult and is a must win, I always find myself using this reliable team combination.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I typically use:
    - on 'easy' levels: try out new combinoations, Warrior, Assault, ...
    - on Medium difficulty: 2x Hunter + Shooter (for the same reasons others have posted above), the shooting power, flexibility is unmatched, plus it's long range, i.e. low risk
    - on Higher difficulties (i.e. >1 lvl above the team lvl): mostly Hunter, Bruiser, Shooter
    This offers maximum flexibility, safety, yet fire power. The bruiser's special ability to shock an entire armada is unmatched and priceless.

I don't quite get why people use Scouts, as a Shooter is basically the same thing, PLUS long-range. My shooter outperforms any of my shooters.
    I used a Scout in the first 1-2 weeks, he was a legendary (literally :P), but I had to retire him, after he reached his max lvl of 10 and was easily replaced by my Legendary 13/15 lvl Shooter with epic weapon and armor. Just saying.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Putchuco said:

I used a Scout in the first 1-2 weeks, he was a legendary (literally :P), but I had to retire him, after he reached his max lvl of 10 and was easily replaced by my Legendary 13/15 lvl Shooter with epic weapon and armor. Just saying.

The scout and the shooter are very similar in most areas. The only significant difference is that the shooter has a ranged killing ability while the scout's attack doesn't attract more zombies.

If I'm planning on a marathon farming session, I usually prefer taking my scout over the shooter. Near the end of my marathon session, having one less lv 46 zombie to fight off makes a huge difference. I find that the scout can extend my session thereby gaining more experience than if I brought my shooter instead.

Also the scout can attack stunned zombies without restrictions, but I can only attack the stunned zombies with my shooter without attracting more zombies if I use his charged ability. So for me, the scout is superior in this situation.
    Feel like this discussion is going in circles.
    What you all need to realize is that your luck with items(itemization) is what will determine what party you should go with on missions. If you have bad weapons on a specific class, you won't take it. Likewise if you get great items on one specific class, you'll take two of them.

Yes, certain missions lend themselves to certain group compositions, but none of them *require* a specific group makeup. It's more about what level your survivors are and what level their equipment is.
    warbird
    zoson said:

Feel like this discussion is going in circles.
    What you all need to realize is that your luck with items(itemization) is what will determine what party you should go with on missions. If you have bad weapons on a specific class, you won't take it. Likewise if you get great items on one specific class, you'll take two of them.

Yes, certain missions lend themselves to certain group compositions, but none of them *require* a specific group makeup. It's more about what level your survivors are and what level their equipment is.

I think you're missing the main point of this discussion. I'm taking it as if all things are equal, which survivor composition works best for you. Of course your points have to be factored in when you actually play the game, but I like following this discussion as a theoretical exercise.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    i think we all have our own way of doing things. our own strategy. the best combination for you might not be the best combination for others since their approach or strategy is different than yours. Your goal or aim must also put into consideration like, if you just want to farm, or just clear the mission, or to get 3 star. different goal requires different combinations, same with different strategies. for me, i always like to use the overwatch ability, in this strategy, hunters damage less than shooters. likewise, warriors damage less than scouts. or it may be because of their weapon damage. in any case, for me, my best combination is scout, shooter, hunter. but that's me.. others have their own best combo..
This discussion has been closed.