Gold Dodge

So many questions are out there for new players about trait on equipment and on survivors. As per usual I will ask youz guyz to opine on gold dodge. I learned one attack on an outpost that I thought were chumps based on level and class. That dude LEG Bruiser dodged me and retaliated like 5 times. Never forgot that. Now I exclusively seek that gold dodge. I would put it with gold lucky and almost gold bore. What are your experiences with this? @masmith93 @zoson @jester @tammy

JenngtheRealBenderDLich

Comments

• shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    Survivers can't dodge and retal, its one or the other
    zoson
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Right my bad it was her turn to hit back so, not the retaliate trait but the dodging never ended and I lost. She must have had 30% dodge or better.

Jenng
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    One of my assaults seemingly dodges everything - she does not have the dodge trait but has armor with gold dodge. I forgot she didn't have the dodge trait until I was reviewing survivor traits in advance of the update. So I vote yes on gold dodge.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Jennglmfgunnut
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    Gold dodge is awesome! I have a legendary assault and legendary shooter with gold dodge and it truly helps.
    SmittY
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Could of had the ultimate combo
    15% dodge on survivor + 15% luck on survivor + 15% dodge on armor + 15% luck on weapon = 60% (if the luck on the weapon adds to it, which I assume it does.

Or
    Is it
    15% dodge on surivor + 15% luck on survivor + 15% luck on weapon = 45%
    15% dodge on armour + 15% lucj on survivor + 15% luck on weapon = 45%
    45%+45% = 90%
    :)
    SmittY
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Roflmfao wait...did someone just ask me for advise? @smitty I'm honored you would include me...but I seriously am a lightweight...I blast my way through with hunters and assault..I have no finesse and am in constant awe when I watch @Terminates videos...that being said...I also have an assault that has gold dodge and is awesome...even when I'm trying to two star he keeps dodging instead of getting bruised and it takes ages sometimes...I'm like "would you please just miss a dodge once?"!!!

Yeah gold dodge is nice...but luck is prolly the best to help overall :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    Jenng
    Here's my assault dude...

JenngSmittYTheLostOnes
    Yup... @SlickRick knows a lot about the game...lets get his opine :)

Xoxo
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    My opinion:

The most coveted gold traits on a legendary survivor are dodge and luck. That way, you already have a 30% chance of dodging an attack. Retaliate is good but if you can dodge an attack, retaliate won't come into play and you won't take any damage.

If you have Gold Luck on your weapon and Gold Dodge on your armor, you have 3 in 5 chances of dodging an attack.

This becomes more crucial when you are facing walkers of a level equivalent to or higher than your survivors'.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    JenngSmittY
    tammy said:

Roflmfao wait...did someone just ask me for advise? @smitty I'm honored you would include me...but I seriously am a lightweight...I blast my way through with hunters and assault..I have no finesse and am in constant awe when I watch @Terminates videos...that being said...I also have an assault that has gold dodge and is awesome...even when I'm trying to two star he keeps dodging instead of getting bruised and it takes ages sometimes...I'm like "would you please just miss a dodge once?"!!!

Yeah gold dodge is nice...but luck is prolly the best to help overall :)

Xoxo

@tammy you are FRESH of Breath air! Thats why I asked for you!

Sorry...that should say...get him to opine...

Xoxo
    My whole @SlickRick disappeared. I think addidng y s to his name might have not been to the rules. oops I like rules.

• Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @blynknz 60% dodge is the max and only possible on a legendary survivor with gold dodge and gold luck (until update anyways)
    Don't forget though that luck stacks with every single "chance" trait. So 80% interrupt on a weapon is actually 100% interrupt with luck on weapon and survivor , Luck also affects critical chance , swift strike , etc.
    In my opinion , it is the most desirable trait on a weapon , with gold dodge being an absolute must on armor.
    gabriel_lwhJenng
    Lmao @SmittY why thank you...I think!!!

But seriously...I'm still practicing interrupt...that's how far behind I am...I swear it's an art form but so valuable if you can nail it...

That's prolly the only thing of worth I have to say :)

I shall now revert back to ..... "Wait...where's my giants and goblins....and I thought I had a legendary Gandalf...or at least a bard!!! " :wink:

Xoxo
    JenngLadyAquila
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    Lmao! @tammy.... Legendary Gandalf!!! Oh, you are a breath of fresh air! I'm gonna have to name a legendary Gandalf now. If I ever get a dude......although some of my chicks could pass as one!
    BorutoLadyAquila
    @Jenng

Lmao I'm getting a complex...your the second person tonight to tell me I have gas :wink:

Xoxo
    Jenng
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    I just saw a video by @Japes87 showing him successfully complete the Handrails recommended level 26 using gold dodge.
    Very impressive.
    tammy
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @tammy we have twin assaults, same guy, same level.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    @TheLostOnes

Lmao!! Twins!!! He's awesome right? Cept mine needs better stuff...can't wait to make him lv19 :)

Xoxo
    TheLostOnes
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    @TheLostOnes @tammy You are both wrong!! Meet Joel the triplet!! :lol:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    TheLostOnestheRealBender
    Lmao @gabriel_lwh !!!

Let's start a collection!!!!

Who's got number 4!!!!!

:)

Xoxo
    gabriel_lwhDLichTheLostOnes
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Here's a picture of a Gold Dodge. He's the transformer brother of the above triplets. They have a different mother.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    TheLostOnesIllbrainer
  • ScratchNSmithScratchNSmith Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2016
    Gold dodge pretty sweet especially for the guys that typically lead the pack...
    theRealBenderMizTy