Surviver Traits

With the new release will you be able to use tokens to increase a silver trait in a Surviver to a gold trait. For example. If you have a legendary and it has a silver luck trait can you use tokens to make it a gold luck.

Comments

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016
    Here's the announcement with some details:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/11898/update-1-10-new-traits-and-trait-progression#latest

This announcement seems to be missing information, I don't know why. But I do know the traits will be changed to have 5 levels instead of three. (levels 1-5 instead of bronze, silver, gold).

I suggest you read the thread dedicated to the new survivor progression and traits. Everything you are asking is already there for you to read ;)
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    PR0DJMizTy
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Hear hear
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • CaseMcVeeCaseMcVee Member Posts: 14
    @theRealBender I did read it. That's why I asked, it seemed very unclear
    PR0DJ
    You must have missed the part where they say there will be no more silver and gold traits.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834

You must have missed the part where they say there will be no more silver and gold traits.

I bet it was mentioned more than once.)
    How about friendly bet how many? (but no reading thread again before the bet)
    =)
    But if @CaseMcVee meant this: "It will be possible to upgrade all traits to maximum?" - it is unclear indeed. But it is whole different question.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited June 2016
    I understand 1-5 but curious how that compares to usability. Is 1 = 5%. 2 = 10% etc.

And if I recall once you upgrade all current traits to 5 you can then upgrade the class to a higher type which then unlocks another trait needing to be upgraded before you can upgrade the class again.

I just wonder if traits reset to 1 after each class upgrade and what each ability equates to.

We're used to dealing in percentages.

Bronze = 5
    Silver = 10
    Gold = 15

If you have 5 dodge, 5 luck, gold luck on weapon and gold dodge on armor, that's 80% dodge if 5= 25%

Overall we'll all figure it out when it's released.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Imagine if since there is a total of 5 traits once upgraded to legendary the maximum you can increase any particular trait is the order in which it's listed on the survivor.

Currently you unlock different traits at different survivor levels. Imagine if the first trait unlocked can't go above Ievel 1 and the second sbove kevel 2 and so on.

So the 5 can only be maxed on the final trait given once upgraded fully to legendary and its that "random" one created. The chaos that would create.

The survivors from pulls without luck would become priority, and you would have to cross your finger that once you fully upgrade the survivor after a huge investment of time and tokens that the final trait given randomly is luck.

edited June 2016
    Buddy it's time for you to become a game developer.

Personally, if I pull a rare or worse without already having Lucky trait, I will scrap it for tokens. I believe from the info so far, it would be less costly to try to pull an Epic or Legendary with Lucky than to promote a Rare to Epic and hope it gets a Lucky trait after all that process to promote.

So you are wondering whether the traits are reset to level 1 upon promotion to higher rarity? Thus requiring you to level each one back up to level 5 before the next promotion is possible? We shall see lol.

Regarding this part: "So the 5 can only be maxed on the final trait given once upgraded fully to legendary and its that "random" one created. The chaos that would create."

I think they covered that in their explanation of progression. Each trait must be maxed to level 5 before you can promote.

What I really like, unless I am misreading things, is that all the traits on a survivor have the potential to be maxed. Currently, only the top two traits on a Legendary can be maxed out (ie. gold).
    @theRealBender I remember seeing that now.

Well if 5 does infact = 25% we can all look forward to 80% being the new max dodge!!

I would love Dodge to be more reliable for sure :)
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    I'm betting the percentages will be in multiples of 3 now. 15% will still be the max.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    DLich
    @DLich Gold = 5 lvl.
    That was written by devs.
    DLichJenng
    So it seems like 3% per would make sense then. Who wants to update the wiki when it comes out lol

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    So does silver turn into 9%? Or will they give us 12?
    @WahooDawg I have to assume bronze is 1 silver is 3 gold is 5 but we'll get more info when it's released. It's easy to deduct that's how it'll work.

• CaseMcVeeCaseMcVee Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the input. I'm thinking what I feel is the obvious. Radio calls don't pay till we all can see for sure what we can do with what we already have. I have a couple of legendary's that have dodge and luck but only one with both gold. I truly would like to have 3 with both gold luck and dodge or whatever the top in those features ends up being,
    theRealBender
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,209
    Percentages and technical talk goes right over my head. Lol I'm just happy that I've kept a group of legendary's and epics and hoarding radios as we speak. So that when the update drops I'll be prepared :wink:
    mongo911PR0DJlimeyjohnMizTy
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    And trait is upgraded by XP
    And class level promoted by radio tokens???
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited June 2016
    If traits are currently mostly 15%+ for gold I'm guessing it will be 3% per tier (x5 = 15%)
    I'm hoping our current legendaries with gold traits will automatically be put to 5 and not 4 or something forcing us to upgrade an already perfect trait.. there's so many gaps in the given information though , it's basically guesswork. I'm eagerly awaiting the update and I'd suggest everyone do what I'm going to do before the maintenance break , take screenshots of all your current survivor traits . Just in case , you never know with what can happen after updates , proof may be a good thing if support tickets are needed
    DLichggbats
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @Sipher07 The announcement thread had said traits upgraded with tokens, not xp. Did you see different somewhere else?
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I'm confident that I'm going to here having to unlock and level the traits on my 18/19 legendaries that are just shy of having everything unlocked. My 18/18 legendaries will only be worried about the extra trait they get.

I suppose if they let us take everything to max, there will be a very large amount of collecting required to go back and upgrade current silver traits to 5 for my full team.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

edited June 2016
    WahooDawg said:

So does silver turn into 9%? Or will they give us 12?

If I know math and logic correctly (sarcasm involved) and assuming that Gold trait = 5 lvl as they said (it can be false because they say one thing but do another from time to time). So I guess silver can be only 9%, because of the tiers like 3/6/9/12/15.
    Or for retaliate 15/30/45/60/75.

But, once again - nobody knows for sure if they know math and logic and how to write about it (no sarcasm - sad true). It was proved in 1.9 release when they said one thing in Announcement but did the other. And all what they did after I taught them some math - they just changed the Announcement.
    [Deleted User]
    @PR0DJ I like some of your posts man , but I have to say with respect, I don't think you taught them any math (sarcasm not involved)
    edited June 2016
    Japes87 said:

@PR0DJ I like some of your posts man , but I have to say with respect, I don't think you taught them any math (sarcasm not involved)

Ok, tell me then what I did here?
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/84566/#Comment_84566
    Read 2 of my comments after which they changed Announcement here:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10736/survivor-balance-changes-in-1-9
    And apologized to everybody here:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/84796/#Comment_84796

Did I taught them math by pointing out what % sign means? Maybe I did not.
    Or how to write Announcements more accurate and true? I hope I did - nothing wrong with that.
    I just don't like when somebody messing with math or deny logic or just lying to customers, so that's why I was outraged.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a teacher, I just explaining to you why I used word "taught" in context of their way to write about changes.
    edited June 2016
    @PR0DJ what you did there was constructive for the most part , they made a mistake and owned up to it when called out (or someone else on the Dev team made a mistake and they have to take one for the team) I'm only saying that saying you "taught them math" is insulting to them on a personal level , akin to questioning their intelligence , words are powerful man , and the way you use them can be the difference between constructive dialogue and hurling insults , this may be strictly an issue of English being a second language to you and context , but either way , Eetu and Teeceezy are both very bright people. I'll give that to them at least
    @Japes87 I got your point from your first message. You think I used "taught" like: "I am superior and they are just stupid" - No. I didn't mean it that way.
    I still hope you can understand me after all.
    And language isn't an issue (we speak same English here) - it is more of "way of thinking".
    My way of thinking and your way of thinking - are different.

I was "speaking" to them as representatives of NG, I didn't say they personally are stupid or liars.
    I respect almost any person I'm talking to, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I said that what was written - is wrong. They accepted it and corrected their "mistake".
    I'm sure definition of word "taught" fit right in here.

Oxford American Dictionary:
    teach [tēCH] (past and past participle taught [tôt])
    1. show or explain to (someone) how to do something.
    2. cause (someone) to learn or understand something by example or experience
    Japes87
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @Japes87...

I understand American English... Real Good... @PR0DJ is not an American , or thinks like one, or understands the subtleties of the American English....

Move on to other subjects...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

Jenng
    @mongo911

I'm aware you have an amazing grasp of American English , your skillfully crafted nested sentences convinced me haha

@PR0DJ fair enough
    PR0DJ