Newborn player asking

So I fell in love with this game. I'm progressing on my own, but I noticed there is some PVP stuff going on in here.

Burned from other MMOs I ask, what to do, and what to not do!

I will aim to join good friendships and hunting, but what should I aim NOT to do here before I ask to join a guild?

What will you ask of me, and what can I contribute with?

Comments

• ComanComan Member Posts: 55
    Aye.

I'm relatively new in this game, but love the consept!

My main survivors are at a mere level 5 atm but game seem to be slow.

I ask of you what camp build should be, and what I should do to progress! I'm very eager to join a guild but I need to make sure I can pull my own weight first.

Looking forward to your reply :)

Together we will survive! XD
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    Hey Coman, welcome!

Go for your council first. Then training ground, then workshop. Then everything else;-)

Before making calls (use 15 radios always) make sure your radio tent is maxed. Last thing I upgrade is hospital.

Upgrade survivors first then gear. Try to upgrade only blue and yellow stuff only if possible!

I think most ppl go this way but I am sure there are other strategies!
    Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
    mongo911JenngDLich
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2016
    The mission car would be my next priority after the ones Illbrainer stated. More gas more missions more rewards.

Build the outpost in the campsite but don't set up the defense. I'm not sure what level you have to be to build it but it produces TG which are always needed. Again don't set up the defense yet that way you can make TG but not be involved in player versus player raiding.
    IllbrainermcbkhicksJenng
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Tents are the last thing(s) I upgrade, not hospital @Illbrainer
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    JenngIllbrainer
    Wow, ty for responce! That's a lot to suck in!

There is PVP here? Ouch xD

I'm just trying to finish off missions while leveling my core group. I saw each members have stars, so disgard anyone with a lower star count, right?

How do we use those boxes we get? I have some 1500 atm, but don't see any use. Crates
    Wow we have an action tactical RPG for Walking Dead!

Are we walking or stalling??

I'm so hooked atm xD
  • CCorleoneCCorleone Member Posts: 3
    The main benefit of the guild is in relation to the weekly challenges where you do the missions and carries the objectives to achieve 1, 2 or 3 stars in each, the missions gradually become more difficult, to earn the reward and then exchange it for equipment. Some guilds are asking a minimum of stars of its members in every challenge, others not. It is up to you to decide how prepared you are to them and how far you can go.
    RugginsScruggins
    So how to I train myself along with being useful? Can I donate stuff I don't need myself?
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Coman

You can only donate to the XP scrap gods...you can't donate to other players
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Jenng
  • CCorleoneCCorleone Member Posts: 3
    You can't donate things, in the case of equipment, you can recycle them in exchange for experience. You have to keep improving the buildings, evolving survivors and the equipment they use, better the survivors are, easier it will be to complete the missions.
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    Time...... You just can give time. Time to upgrade your camp and lvl up survivors. The game is fun. Good luck!!
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2016
    There is surprisingly little interaction in-game aside from challenge stars, g-chat, and outposts.
    Find a casual guild with little or no challenge star requirements to join asap. The trade goods will help you advance quicker.

There is very little you can do wrong in this game aside from being an insufferable douchenozzle in g-chat (or on forums) and going inactive in a guild who needs active members. Everything else is pretty much up to you.

If you have trouble hooking up with a good group of players, look up NB Fredericton

We take anyone on who is willing to put in an effort. (I think our minimum is only 1 star). We wouldn't likely hold ya to it until player level 15 or so.

PS: welcome to TWD!
    JenngggbatsDLichautumn_ash
    Game is awesome so far, I'll just get accustomed.

Let's hav fun and please I'd like to join a guild if anyone is open.

I'm willing to both learn and put in the efforts
    Jenng
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    The guild and raiding system here is very basic and not much to it. I suggest you just do it and you will learn the answers to all your questions by playing it for one day. Do it tomorrow as it's Monday and a new Challenge starts.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I don't know if he can wait until his Radio Tent is maxed before making calls. He's got a long way to go for that. He's going to need survivors before then.

Or do you mean, max it for his current council level, then make the calls?
    Back from 2016 :p
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    The boxes you are collecting are Trade Goods (TG)
    You can spend them either to capture strengthen walkers in your walker pit (once you have build one)
    Or
    Select the Hammer/Gold coins icon at the bottom left of your game screen & then selecting Trade.

Hope this helps & good luck :)
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Hi and welcome mate, if you do not care for the pvp side of things then l suggest not building your outpost, looking back l kinda wish l hadn't
    Jenng
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Try the Guild link here on the forum @Coman. There are lots of guilds looking for new members. I would recommend trying to join a starter/beginner guild that is a part of a master guild. You will have a lot of experienced players in the guilds above your beginning level to offer advice and encouragement. Welcome to NML!
    Jenng
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @Coman u could probably join my friend fluffys guild, it's small but no requirements, I'm a maxed player in another guild, but help them out with all questions I can when I can lol & help them grow in chat, I believe under guild info it says "Ez" so u find the right one, anyways she's a nice girl & they have a pretty good friendly team for newbies & I'm always around to assist making wise choices lol
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Ya me neither @limeyjohn lol, but when I get attacked I never lose much so don't really think about it lol