FYI, New video of tokens on Facebook

Just in case you are interested.
theRealBender

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    edited June 2016
    Lmao they retire a epic scout for 30 tokens and then increase a common scout...I'm sure there's logic there somewhere.... Lol probably the same kind that left us with the cliffhanger...
    ggbats
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    What we know from the video:

1. Epic level 5 survivor yields 30 tokens
    2. Promoting from 1-star to 2-star (common to uncommon) survivor costs 10 tokens
    3. Upgrading a trait from level 1 to level 2 costs 12 tokens

Let the predictions begin :smiley:
    Back from 2016 :p
    Jenng
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

What we know from the video:

1. Epic level 5 survivor yields 30 tokens
    2. Promoting from 1-star to 2-star (common to uncommon) survivor costs 10 tokens
    3. Upgrading a trait from level 1 to level 2 costs 12 tokens

Let the predictions begin :smiley:

1 - yes, but that was accepting the survivor, not rejecting the others.

4 - We also got to see the graphics for some of the other traits
    NoggerJippel
    I wonder why the rare survivors from that call didn't have buttons underneath. Could there be an extra step? After choosing one survivor, then you decide whether to Accept or turn in for tokens?
    What's the over/under on how long before NG changes the tokens to generic that can be used for any survivors due to complaints and threads? Or start giving tokens in chests.
    Japes87ggbats
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @Necroboogie I'm all aboard the tokens in crates train ! I'm just gonna keep gently suggesting it until I get my way ;)
    ggbatsAndriusant
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I'm actually very curious if we will be able to upgrade all 5 traits on legendary survivors to 5 ... if so , that would make for some serious 'god' survivors .. if not , the legendaries who have good traits at silver already may not be worth keeping or upgrading
    PR0DJ
    Based on comments in the main thread, it appears you can upgrade them all to 5. (Someone said that you have to upgrade all the traits before increasing their rarity).

The issue I have with that, is after a while, a lot of people are going to have fairly identical survivors.
    Japes87Black_Jack
    Heh don't worry I'm sure the cost to upgrade will probably prevent that... NG is a company trying to make money after all...
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016
    EDIT. I watched video again and still confused.

@OldGoth @Teeceezy ? Any insight?
    Yes, I imagine
    Level 1 - 2 = 10 tokens
    Level 2-3 = 100
    3-4 = 1,000
    4-5 = 10,000
    edited June 2016
    PR0DJ said:

blynknz said:

Based on comments in the main thread, it appears you can upgrade them all to 5. (Someone said that you have to upgrade all the traits before increasing their rarity).

The issue I have with that, is after a while, a lot of people are going to have fairly identical survivors.

I clearly see on video that each of 5 traits have from 1 to 5 stars, so I guess there will be 1st trait maximum level 1, second trait maximum level 2 and so on to 5th trait being maximum level 5.

Now I am confused.

No, each of those slots are for the trait related to that rarity.
    But you can see when the survivor is updated, that the first slot can be upgraded again, which means it can go higher than level 1
    edited June 2016
    Oh yeah, somebody noticed that there is 30/10 tokens means you have 30 and need 10 to upgrade. Right?
    BUT shouldn't it be reverse like 10/30 meaning 10 of 30 needed?
    (we still writing from left to right? right?))))
    blynknz said:

PR0DJ said:

blynknz said:

I clearly see on video that each of 5 traits have from 1 to 5 stars, so I guess there will be 1st trait maximum level 1, second trait maximum level 2 and so on to 5th trait being maximum level 5.

Now I am confused.

No, each of those slots are for the trait related to that rarity.
    But you can see when the survivor is updated, that the first slot can be upgraded again, which means it can go higher than level 1
    I edited my post after second watch of video.
    blynknz
    PR0DJ said:

Oh yeah, somebody mentioned that there is 30/10 tokens means you have 30 and need 10 to upgrade. Right?

That's like saying you have 1,000,000/100,000 XP to level up.
    You have 1m, but the level up only cost 100,000
    PR0DJ
    blynknz said:

PR0DJ said:

Oh yeah, somebody mentioned that there is 30/10 tokens means you have 30 and need 10 to upgrade. Right?

That's like saying you have 1,000,000/100,000 XP to level up.
    You have 1m, but the level up only cost 100,000
    Ok, just looked strange.
    Yeah, it's because this is the only place in the game where they display it like that.
    PR0DJ said:

No, it is correct as shown. 1) 30/10 means you have 30 and need 10.
    2) 10/30 means you have 10 but need 30.

You read like this: 1) I have thirty of ten needed.
    2) I have ten of thirty needed.
    PR0DJStaceyElizabeth
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Can someone post a link to the video for those of us that don't do Noseybook please.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    [Deleted User]
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,050
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    The video on YouTube has a voice over...is that one of the mods? I'm gonna imagine it's @oldgoth so I can put a voice to his posts.

Only thing different in YouTube vid is that the reject a rare level 5 survivor for 15 tokens, half the tokens of the same level epic.

They also show that level 2 vigilante is 7%. But there could also be some discrepancies since they said vigilante won't be included in this update.
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2016
    I'm pretty sure I haven't spoken into a mic of late (except on stage) :P

Videos are almost always made on not quite final builds and not quite final data.
    TeeceezyJenng
    edited June 2016
    @theRealBender - I said: Ok. I understood and agreed. But it's STILL looks strange.))
    I would write like this: 10 (30) - like u need ten (and you have 30).
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    One BILLION tokens.
    JenngPR0DJLadyAquilaJapes87
    edited June 2016
    @OldGoth
    No, seriously. This is a button that uses tokens, so button should say how much tokens it uses in first place (and how much you have - it's not button's business).
    All buttons in this game is like this - they say how much Gold or Supplies or XP or Radios or $$ it uses.
    So I vote to do 10 (30) - button uses 10 (and you have 30).

What do you think?
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @PR0DJ The writing style "number of items you have/number if items needed for XY" is the usual spelling in most games and thus (normally) understandable for all ppl.

Maybe you have to become accustomed to the wording. ;)
    It would be strange if when you buy a Bundle - button will show your account balance)))
    @Lightfeet I said: Ok, I understand and don't really care.
    But all buttons in this game says how much resources they use. So..