Does Iron Skin reduce your hospital time?

LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
I always assumed that the Iron Skin armor trait reduced the damage that you take during the attack.

However, as I've been pushing to do some 7.4 farming for the last great days of farming, I've noticed that when I leave my level 17 Epic shooter with Silver level Iron Skin behind (giving him an automatic "heavy injury") the hospital time is 2 hours and 10 minutes. (My hospital is maxed out.) When I leave behind my level 15 Legendary shooter with Gold Iron Skin, her healing time is only 1 hour and 40 minutes.

They both receive an automatic "heavy injury". Is this due to the Iron Skin trait? I get the same result every time.

Jenng

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Could it be due to the level 17 having more hit points that he needs to regenerate than the level 15? I believe the survivor loses all his/her hit points when you flee.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    theRealBenderPR0DJzoson
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I would first think that hospital time is figured based on your remaining health or the amount of damage that you took. In other words, Iron Skin wouldn't have direct influence on hospital time, but indirectly because hospital time depends on the damage you have received. And the damage you received was mitigated by Iron Skin.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Here's a better screen grab of the lower level damage.

Neither one of them ever take much damage, anywhere from 0-2 hits. But I would think that using "Flee" and inflicting Heavy Injury on them should result in the same healing time regardless. Shouldn't heavy injury = heavy injury? I can't quite figure out what is different.

edited June 2016
    Well, a survivor with 2000 health getting bruised suffered way more damage than a survivor with 500 health getting bruised. That is probably more key here than the Iron Skin affect.

Different example: survivor with 2000 health with Heavy Injury took 2000 damage. Survivor with 500 health with Heavy Injury took 500 damage. Very different amounts of damage and healing needed.
    I get what you are saying, @theRealBender, but the one that has shorter healing times actually has 200 less health points to begin with. ???
    edited June 2016
    Right, so less damage means less healing to do. IF the hospital works that way.

I tried to point out above that getting bruised or heavily injured etc. is different for survivors who have different health points.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited June 2016

I would first think that hospital time is figured based on your remaining health or the amount of damage that you took. In other words, Iron Skin wouldn't have direct influence on hospital time, but indirectly because hospital time depends on the damage you have received. And the damage you received was mitigated by Iron Skin.

Man, why you sometimes f*** somebody's brain, if they need simple answer like: "NO. It depends on amount of health only, more health - more time .")))
    edited June 2016
    ---

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Hospital time is level dependent. Less time for lower level survivors. HP has nothing to do with the duration.
    PR0DJLadyAquilaJapes87
    zoson said:

Hospital time is level dependent. Less time for lower level survivors. HP has nothing to do with the duration.

Even more simple.
    LadyAquila
    I did notice that when you flee there is always same amount of time for healing to any of my survivors, but I didn't give it to much thought because I don't really care.
    @zoson could be right - could be that simple lol
    Ahh, the magic bullet answer. Thanks @zoson!
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited June 2016
    I think hospital time is dependant upon the rarity, level of survivor and level of hospital.

I do not believe equipment plays a part in the time in the hospital only the potential to reduce injury points during the mission.

Since when you upgrade your hospital it reduces the time across the board (and thus during hospital time reduction events often bruised survivors have 0 stay) it's not a percentage and thus why iron skin plays no part.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    @zoson What about rarity?
    Still don't really care, but just to make clear this last part.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Rarity DOES play a part, but it's just a few minutes and wouldn't help for farming in this situation. And yeah DLich is right about the hospital level too, but I don't think that was in question.
    PR0DJ
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    zoson said:

Rarity DOES play a part, but it's just a few minutes and wouldn't help for farming in this situation. And yeah DLich is right about the hospital level too, but I don't think that was in question.

When I farmed, would bring a common if I had one to due the virtual Otis move ;). Really seemed to be a big difference between that and rarer types. Armed with decent equipment they were okay. The difference between one rarity level difference is negible as you mentioned