So how much gas to earn enough Xp to fully upgrade a level 18 legendary item?

If you have level 18 survivors and start farming to be able to fully upgrade a level 18-21 legendary item.
Previously it cost me about 25-30 gas, 20-24 hrs of actual play not auto clicker and using mission 9.3
Now I believe it's about 30000 Xp tops per 5 gas on same mission.
Are my numbers wrong? I'm thinking just to get the 700000xp for first upgrade is 24 missions at 5 gas each which is 120 gas.
Is there a better way to get there?
This update seems to have made it a pay in order to get Xp.
Am I wrong?
@eetu @OldGoth @Teeceezy @anyoneatNGthatwilltellthetruth
DLich

Answers

• Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2016
    I've managed to get 500k playing exploration missions in 1.19 without auto-clicker/exploiting endless missions,
    just Episode 13 XP Exploration missions.
    I've played around 18 times a day, that's 108 gas.
    With he new update, you get around 30k-35k (depending on your level) for 100 walkers, plus you can make around 15k on crates&completion of the mission.
    Let's round it down to 40k (but you could probably make it 50k-60k with videos and luck - silver/gold crates).
    That's around 7k per 1 gas (42k / 6 gas).
    To farm 700k you then need 100 gas.
    That's 1000 minutes, or roughly 17h - you'd need to play for 10-15 minutes every hour to farm 700k a day.

P.S.
    This is for lvl 15 warriors and Episode 14 missions after you get bruiser lvl 17 (EP14.M02) that will unlock Exploration missions for lvl 17 warriors.
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    @Scorpio_CRO
    Is it correct that the higher episode you are at, the more xp you will get get from crates?

I'm at episode 11 and I get about avg 2000+ xp from exploration mission crate.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Please someone show a screen shot of them getting 35K for killing 100 walkers in an exploration mission

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    You cannot get 35K XP killing 100 walkers if your playing an exploration mission. You will never be able to kill walkers 9 levels higher than you so "in theory" yes you COULD get 35K but it's actually impossible to last as many rounds as necessary at any rec level to kill 100.

edited June 2016
    And I've been tracking the xp at lower levels and for level 12 it's like 132 xp per kill. So even in challenge missions at a lower rec level you cannot get 35K XP killing 100

edited June 2016
    @SlowMo
    These two images are for LVL 16 Exploration missions

This is from LVL 17 Exploration mission

46,200 (plus scrapped item ~2000)

Total: 173,800 (~175k with scrapped item)

I've used video and 25 gold to open all 9. (75 gold total, but I don't do it generally)

I get 4800 XP for completing LVL 17 EM, it was 4300 XP for LVL 16 EM
    I get 320XP/walker in LVL 17 EM, that would give me 32k for 100 walkers (I've done 17 max, I don't bother with it).

P.S.
    IMHO, best survivors to get 100 walkers are Shooters (pistol), because they get lots of threat, kill only 1 (2 with over charge), and you don't want too many waves to get 100 walkers - first two waves walkers are recomended level, then each other wave they're +1 lvl.

You have 5 turns before a wave, with 3 shooters, you get 15 walkers you can kill in next wave (because you can shoot 2 time with special ability), so you'll get 17 walkers per wave, with starting 10, you need 90 more, that's 6 waves. Since first two waves are same level, you end up with 4 levels above starting level.

So, for me, that would be from lvl 17, to lvl 21 walkers.
    I have survivors lvl 15-16, items lvl 18 (upgraded from lvl 15), so technically, I could do it (if I had three shooters, but I don't)
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    @Scorpio_CRO
    Thanks dude! And you make getting radios look like an easy task..
    Scorpio_CRO
    edited June 2016
    @Scorpio_CRO the max number of walkers per wave is 9 as the bottom of the screen shows when using ranged weapons makes noise and special ability on the shooter doesn't raise a threat.

Since the first wave has maximum of 12 enemies and only 9 enemies can spawn on any following wave you would need upwards of 9 waves to reach 100.

Since exploration missions start at a set number (your survivor levels) it's impossible to reach 100 since killing walkers 8 waves higher then your own survivors is suicide.

Disalive
  • DisaliveDisalive Member Posts: 58
    @DLich
    Max walkers per wave depends on map (6 to 10).

I've reached around 35k xp on lvl 17 supply mission after about 80 walkers. My average was 20-25k xp, w/o much effort, using mainly shooter, hunter and assault in my team.

Last wave I managed to clear was 24 lvl (17 lvl survivors) with iirc 493 xp per biter.

Never farmed xp before update, so I kinda like how it is atm.
    @Disalive nice!!

Farming 7-4 getting 75 xp per kill, killing minumum 3 walkers per end turn was 225 xp every 8 seconds. Given I was able to press it about 7 times a minute I was earning 1,575 XP per minute. This would earn me 35K xp in about 22 minutes with 0 risk of injury (except major hospital stay when I was finished farming.

How long do you think it took you to get to 25K xp waiting for the waves and having to maneuver and shoot etc?

Disalive
    @DLich
    25k is around 10 mins. And like 30% of missions end up with 1 bruised/injured due to rng/minor mistakes, but that's just the time for next 6 gas - not a big deal.

DLich
    @Disalive thank you for that info. Figure an average of 30K bonus XP for chests (10K average each individual 6 gas mission) it would take about 30 minutes of playing every 3 hours to earn 105K-115K xp without shy boosters compared to 75 minutes of nonstop playing to earn the same.

Since farming is super tedious and insanely boring I coukd never bring myself to do it more than 2 hours a day.

The 1.10 changes to XP at Lvl 17+ give over 3x the xp so although I may lose the 200K XP mindlessly pressing the button while watching TV, I'm getting almost 210 extra xp per kill, 15-20 kills per exploration mission with minimal farming (1 round) and figure 18 missions a day (6 hours sleeping)

75,600 extra XP + 20K xp completing 2 missions bonus chests Id only be losing 100K xp a day while also saving 2 hours of mindless pressing.

What will I do with all this free time I have now??

Thanks again for the info @Disalive

Figure before 1.10 killing 80 walkers earned about 7K XP and now killing 80 walkers earns about 25K XP I think I'm coming around to the benefits of this increase and no longer being able to farm unlimited due to the cap.

@DLich
    You're welcome.

Fresh one. Took me 11 mins, 7 walkers per wave. Cleared 5/7 lvl 24 ones.
    On maps with 9-10 per wave xp is better of course.

Not to waste the free time you might create new account on another device and keep farming.
    I guess I had luck with radios. After the "more chance to get epic and legendary survivors on radios" event, I've accumulated more than 190 radios (and I've spent more than 40 proving my friend that it's almost impossible to get better than "rare" *** on 15 radios call). Now I have 154 (after 1.10 update I've spent 50 radios for testing purposes on the new Class Token mechanics).

BTW, I've seen that higher levels (I believe it's max lvl 19) get as much as 62k XP in golden crates on exploration missions.
    (you can see it in this post)
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @Disalive

offtopic, but: looks like you're a Hearthstone player like me and Al'Akir was my very first legendary :smile:
    @docfinzenburg
    Yup :)
    And shooters double shot seems alot like windfury, so it kinda fits.
    I wish I was as lucky. My first were Mukla and Nat Pagle...
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 138
    So long story short, there is no equitable solution in comparison to 5gasand getting 600000xp out of it. The 40-60000 per mission is spending gold and that negates it being equitable as well. So I'm assuming this is just another we have to suck every penny out of players maneuver. Thanks for suggestions, but at level 18/19 I'm never gonna make 10 waves, this would mean up to level 30 walkers.