Leveling cost (XP) is weird in 1.10

Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
I've noticed that Leveling legendary survivor to level 16 costs less XP than leveling epic survivor level 15 to level 16.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Legendary ***** lvl 15 - around 245k XP to lvl up
Epic **** lvl 15 - 330k XP to lvl up

What are the numbers behind this, and reason for this?

Comments

• tembeltembel Member Posts: 132
    a screenshot would be good for tech support ;)

Play to Slay. Slay to live yet one more day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Yes! A screenshot or two would be great. @Scorpio_CRO
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Scorpio_CRO
  • Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
    My survivor is currently upgrading, so I cannot take screen capture (cannot activate "train" when survivor is being trained).
    Will be back in few hours when it's finished.
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    Thanks for bringing this up, investigating.
    gabriel_lwh
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    The survivors that was at a lower max level is cheaper to level up than survivors that went to max 19 before the update
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    edited June 2016
    @Rick_ZK That's interesting idea, but it doesn't make sense to be left here after 1.10 where there are no more "max level".
    They should fix this (although I like cheap Legendary upgrade cost :smile: )
    Both legendary and Epic assault were 15/15 before the patch 1.10.
    edited June 2016
    It's a bug yes. Something went wrong with the XP calculation when upgrading Survivors that had a lower Max Level before the update.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    Take these 3 Epic warriors. Before the update Morgan was 15/15, April 16/16 and Carly 18/19. Now look at the cost to upgrade them to level 19.
    Scorpio_CROJapes87
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks @Scorpio_CRO !
    Scorpio_CRO
    edited June 2016
    Good to see you responding on this @Teeceezy
    Please keep the lower XP values ;)
    TeeceezyMizTy
    @Rick_ZK OMG, how much do you spend on the game monthly? :smirk:
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Now the ones that were abnormally low will get fixed. Big bob bummer big bob bummer.
    That's why I upgrade them first :p
    gabriel_lwh
    I thought they've said that all survivors will have same XP cost to upgrade (since they differ in Class Tokens cost)
    They did but a bug got in the way.
    Scorpio_CRO
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Rick_ZK said:

Take these 3 Epic warriors. Before the update Morgan was 15/15, April 16/16 and Carly 18/19. Now look at the cost to upgrade them to level 19.

::Rushing to upgrade my 15/15 Legendary shooter before they "fix it":: Thanks for the screenshot illustrating it, @Rick_ZK.
    MizTy
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I'm leveling up everyone before this gets fixed...Anyone that was at their level cap or had a level cap lower than 19 to start with is cheaper to level up. This may have been a bug, but it is half price to level up a character that previously capped at 16 vs a character that could have gone to 19. I'll take it!
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Sssssshhhhhh..........
    We don't want them to put the costs higher!! ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    My previously maxed out level 15/15 epic shooter is now happy and gloating at level 18, looking down on her former epic level 17 superiors. And my former level 16/16 epic warrior is currently spending time in the training grounds going from a 17-18. No need to spend gold on this final level. Sweet!
    MizTy
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    So can anyone say what the CORRECT amount to upgrade a Level 18-->19 survivor is (ie, what it should be minus the bug)?

Mods: any idea when this bug will be fixed?
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    Some of the upgrade costs are indeed lower than they should be. This will be fixed eventually, enjoy it while it lasts.
    MrsScattercushionOneLessTitanantgabriel_lwh
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Has anyone tried upgrading a formerly 18/18 to level 19 after the update? If so, how much was it?
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @General_Quatre

825 or so
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Ok so OldGoth's comment means the broken elements are only where the costs are lower by comparison?
    Well that's a bummer lol.
    I was going to post here asking for an announcement for the fix but never mind!
    Back from 2016 :p
  • blackiguanablackiguana Member Posts: 258
    edited June 2016
    I mentioned in another post level up costs should be cheaper since traits are now separate !
    DLich
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @blackiguana That doesn't make sense as the base traits have not been changed. Only additional upgrades for traits have to be paid with tokens.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016
    Lightfeet said:

@blackiguana That doesn't make sense as the base traits have not been changed. Only additional upgrades for traits have to be paid with tokens.

I think he is talking about unlocking the gold traits which came with leveling at the cost of XP.
    Back from 2016 :p
    DLich