Level 20 gear gone from the game?

Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
OK. . I didn't want to jump to conclusions as nothing was announced anywhere about this in the update notes and I didn't think something this important would have been overlooked.. I have done ×21 level 20+ reccomended missions on the current challenge (a few level 22 recc. In there as well) and opened every single crate on each and am only getting level 19 base gear of any rarity.. I have asked my guild of 100 people to post as soon as they see a level 20 piece of gear pop up in a level 20+ recc mission and Nada. I also have a suspicion that level 20 gear may be gone from trade good crates as well , but have not tested thoroughly enough on that (although we will)

If the droprates were just extremely nerfed and my theory is off, anyone who sees a level 20 piece of gear in a crate please post a screenshot.. after update , I actually expected to see new level 21 gear in Missions and to fall in line with precedent of council increases of the past, seeing level 20 gear disappear kind of has me baffled.

@OldGoth I'm assuming you are the go-to now for tagging NG staff so please confirm this if you can.

Thanks
Boruto

Comments

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I assume you are camp level 49+ so open 15 Gold crates from TG store & report back :)
    Back from 2016 :p
    Japes87
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    Like this? Got this from lvl 18 exploration mission during last event weekend.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    @i812many I think he's talking since the weekend - since version 1.10
    Japes87
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2016
    Has anyone tried to open a legendary crate after 1.10 update? I usually don't open the leg crate since I always get level 20 gears when I was at player 52.
    If what OP says it's true for legendary crate, then I can start opening up leg crate again. I hope so.
    Japes87
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited June 2016
    @theRealBender lol. . I opened a couple and got level 19 legendary gear since update but don't have enough TG to open a bunch more, that's why I'm hoping my fellow forum stat nerds will help on this. .

Just to summarize my above post , I'm theorizing that NG removed level 20 gear completely from challenge missions and possibly completely from the game during the update (yet to be confirmed with TG crates)

@Japes87

Thanks for the info.
    I'm still trying to confirm with TG crates from anyone else in this forum community.
    Japes87
    Thanks @Boruto appreciate how you're always so helpful on here :) ever need anything just throw me a PM
    Boruto
    edited June 2016
    @Japes87

Thanks for your kind words. If I don't hear from anyone, then I'll share my info when I have a chance to open legendary crate. As for gold crate & epic crates, I haven't seen any level 20 gears yet.

PS - Just heard from one of my guild mates and no level 20 gears from 3 legendary & 3 epic crates.
    Japes87NoggerJippel
    I just opened 4 epic crates for the cause and got 2 leg 19 weapons and 2 level 19 epics .. please keep me posted everyone , that's 0 level 20 pieces of gear to be found anywhere in the game from anyone since update
    Boruto
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    I've opened a LOT of legendary crates post-update, and I haven't personally seen any lvl 20 base gear anymore either....it's all lvl 19 (which is totally fine with me). Prior to update, those legend crates had tons of unuseable lvl 20 stuff which I kept a library of.
    For me, this actually makes it more worthwhile to start using TG's on legendary crates now, and the new gear traits are fun.
    Wondering what other people's experiences are on this
    Boruto
    edited June 2016
    @SpacemanSpiff thanks for letting us know , if you haven't seen it , it's a further sign it's gone.

I'm of another mind on this though , for one thing , many players already have an arsenal of level 20 gear they are saving from TG and high level missions , to take it away from the game doesn't give other high level players who haven't had the opportunity yet to save good gear. They have said they want more balance , this would make a further divide.

Also , I don't really mind that level 21 gear hasn't been released , but we are only one council upgrade update away from level 20 survivors , with how hard it has become for the average Joe to find upgradable gear now without spending huge money , stockpiling some gear for next level seems like a good thing to do.

This may be part of the reason it was done but we won't know until a Dev responds , or maybe someone will blow my mind and show a screenshot of a level 20 piece of gear drop after this update lol

If level 20 gear was removed from the game like I suspect , then my personal opinion is it should have been announced as part of the update details , rather then leave us wondering. That's just me tho
    Boruto
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @Japes87

Valid points, man. But I guess the trade-off is that those sitting on lvl 20 gear from before won't have the new traits like stun-resistence, bulletproof, silence, etc., which all feel like good traits which only newly obtained weapons will have.

* Also, it doesn't look like we'll be able to upgrade survivors to lvl 20 in next Council update anyways; the training grounds/workshop say "council 20" is needed...and so that appears to be two council updates away (since currently goes up to council 18), so maybe next one will re-introduce 20 gear again(?)
    We won't know until hopefully old goth or Teeceezy reply lol , hopefully they do.

As far as the old traits vs new traits , that's a tough one .. I've thought a lot about it , seems like gold luck is almost essential now on a weapon with all the traits it stacks with, that would only leave 2 spaces for traits and it's hard to give up gold arc, bore, or at least silver range on a pistol , and cone on assault , so while the new traits look pretty sweet , we would have to give up interrupt or a damage trait on assault to get one of the new traits , perfect weapons may be a lot harder to come by now ... armor seems a little easier because giving up the health trait is no biggie. I don't know man , this game just got a lot more confusing haha... yesterday and today I probably spent more time staring at my survivor traits then actually playing the game
    LadyAquila
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Well I have not ever pulled a base level 20 anything that was green, blue or green. Not even after maxing my camp.
    Boruto
    This was common for level 20+recc. Mission drops before update , that's why it was so noticeable , not the gold crates but the gear level
    edited June 2016
    Well, everyone you convince me to go back to legendary crates. Very exciting to what's waiting for me. That means more outpost raids again but I already tasted the power of bullet dodge. My 3 level 19 team could not defeat 1 lvl 16 bruiser, 1 lvl 17 bruiser, and 1 lvl 17 shooter. Crazy! Outpost became just like Wild West.
    Japes87
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    Pulled this Level 20 Epic Warrior armor before the 1.10 update :smile:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Japes87
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Confirmed; we have indeed removed the level 20 gear for now. There have been lots of complaints from players about getting gear they can't use yet as level 19 is the current survivor max. When survivor max level increases in a future update, the gear will unlock to the respective level.
    BorutoOneLessTitanAndrius
    edited June 2016
    Thank you @OldGoth for the reply and info , we will rework our trade good crate drop and challenge mission drop information on the info sites. Cheers
    BorutoTeeceezy
    edited June 2016
    I can tell you i am NOT one to complain about awesome gear ready to be used as soon as my survivors are ready for them!!

(But it's good to see they consider player feedback)
    Japes87BorutoLadyAquila
    OldGoth said:

Confirmed; we have indeed removed the level 20 gear for now. There have been lots of complaints from players about getting gear they can't use yet as level 19 is the current survivor max. When survivor max level increases in a future update, the gear will unlock to the respective level.

@OldGoth

I've become more happier hunter. Thanks.
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited June 2016
    @OldGoth That's definitely the clearest "with the next update resp. council upgrade release you will be able to lvl up your low lvl equipment to the max. lvl your workshop allows" statement that I've seen by now. ;)
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Can we get word from a dev as to why the next council level (19) won't tie in with the training ground? Is it confirmed that the next training ground upgrade is going to be council level 20?

Basically that just means that we won't be able to play through harder missions for months (unless next month's update comes with said council upgrade, which actually I wouldn't prefer since there are a total of 10 buildings all circa 4M food for 40M total to upgrade this time around and that will take well over a month for me)...

Hopefully they won't release a new level until training grounds can be upgraded. I hate being so far behind on nightmare mode.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I am not sure how I got this pistol being as my highest srvr is a 15

The pistol is just uncommon, but it's 18, 19 1nd 20
    I can't even use it since my srvrs are all 15 and below

• OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    And goes without saying that this should've been communicated. Our bad.
    OneLessTitanJapes87Boruto
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Thanks for the quick reply and acknowledgement about the lack of communication @OldGoth !! I'm still reading all of your posts with the voice of that dude in the update video!!
    Japes87Boruto
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    I don't understand the issue of taking something away because a few complained. My (formerly) badass Hunter loved her new rifle. Now? She's having issues with lvl 12/13 tanks and armored walkers. For that matter, so is my Legendary Lvl 17 Warrior. He needed help to bring down a lvl 13 tank. Unreal.
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    i had 131k tg from legendary crates and never got a lvl20. all lvl19s plus i got crappy equipments out of 17 pulls, only 2 equipments were decent.
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    @Amazayn...The Legendary crates just aren't worth it. I drew my lvl 20 rifle from the Epic crate not too long before 1.10 dropped on us.