Thoughts on weekend event?

Per @painclasher and @Terminates, this weekend's event gives you a fourth radio call that costs 15 radios that has a higher chance of finding hunters.

Not going to lie, this is pretty lame. With the new radio system, it's already relatively easy to find any class you want. If the probabilities of finding epic/legendary survivors haven't changed (and I've seen no indication that it has), I don't really see how this event could even be considered an event at all.

What a shame. Given that we had the new update released this week and that it's a holiday weekend for folks in the U.S., NG could have surprised us with something special/exciting. I would have loved to see an event that was more directly tied to the new token system, such as:
1. Double radios from crate rewards and zombies.
2. Double tokens from rejecting survivors.
3. The classic radio event with higher chances of epic/legendary survivors.
4. Or some combination of the above.

Anyone else feel bummed about this week's event?
BlazemanS100200IllbrainerInvaderLadyAquilaKaiserJadenCanadianMikeantBadLuckChuckMissSFXVerbaubtembelreferee4

Comments

• TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    I'm glad you tagged me....I would never find out about messages to me if my name isn't tagged lol

Those are great ideas ;)

Seeing that I have never ever ever ever gotten a legendary hunter since day 1, I kinda like it lol It will help me upgrade my hunters to legendary and help with maximizing their traits. I am hoping this is not an indication that NG thinks hunters are a leading class, I am hoping they are introducing this as an event so they can start doing it for each classes in the future as well.

Have a great day, @JayZ <3

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    ggbats
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,506
    @JayZ You are correct to some extent, however don't forget the tokens you could get from these hunters. Like @Terminates I never got a Legendary Hunter and I am so close to upgrading my Epic one.

I think this event is good for the tokens you can get and not the survivors.

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs https://bit.ly/TokenManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    Governator
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    To me it is is a great event. Got my whole team leg. but no hunter & Assault. Hoping this event will solve 50% of that problem
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Whatever a fourth radio call means...if I`d have 60 radios, I can do a "fourth" call anyway...

But as the radio quote dropped during the last days, this weekend is just to sell expensive radio bundles...pretty useless :neutral:
  • Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
    Same chance on Epic/Legendary as always, or do we get more Epic/Legendary hunters this week?
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    Errr... It's sad...
    They are trying... But...

A Convoluted Event...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,461
    @Terminates Haha, thank you for always posting about weekend events ASAP! Always glad to be able to count on you to break the news ahead of time :)
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Who even has 15 radios left?

Pain WalkerInvaderWalker_Stalkerreferee4
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,506
    edited June 2016

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs https://bit.ly/TokenManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • SleestakSleestak Member Posts: 38
    Since we have added the token system and you can make your epics into legendary, does this mean that we will or will not have "greater chance at legendary" events anymore? I save my radios for those but if we aren't going to have them anymore, I'd like to know.
    Pig
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    @Sleestak, since epic and legendary survivors will still be in high demand (whether you want to keep or cash them in) I think they will still have higher drop rate events. I spent all my radios already. I will now hold for an event.
    Heisenberg
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    since it is an event for hunter... you guys should also sell hunter's weapon bundle! (for those who have lvl19 hunters and had no good lvl19 weapon will understand this)
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    IF l manage to grab 60 radios by the end of event then l don't get a decent hunter then the toys will well and truly be thrown out of my pram :smiley:
    Invader[Deleted User]
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Lmao, you guys are brilliant, never fail to make me smile
    SlickRickmasmith93
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273

Same chance on Epic/Legendary as always, or do we get more Epic/Legendary hunters this week?

I'm interpreting this as that the Event is probably the same % of Epic and Legendary, just more chance of a Hunter.

So, if the chance of a Legendary is 5%, and an Epic is 20%, you will still have a 5%/20% of getting a Legendary/Epic. (not saying these are the #s just using them as an example)

But, instead of having a 1/6 chance of that survivor being a Hunter, maybe you'll have a 1/5 or 1/4 chance of that Survivor being a hunter. (Again, not saying those are or will be the %, just using it as an example).
    theRealBenderScorpio_CRO
    okay i'm a little confused right now regarding to the weekened event. it only gives a 4th option to find a hunter. IT DOES NOT SAYS BETTER CHANCE OF FINDING A LEGENDARY HUNTER. it only states of finding a hunter. sorry but can someone clarify it for me... please tag me thank you. will the % of finding a legendary is the as a regular radio with no radio event (higher chance of finding a legendary/epic survivors). NG is tricky so i dont want to spend my radios on rare hunters. again, tag me please for clarification
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    SlickRick said:

That's it...I'm REALLY quitting this time!!

I am beginning to think you are not really leaving ;)
    mongo911SlickRickmasmith93MizTy
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    edited June 2016
    masmith93 said:

@SlickRick Don't steal my material from the redundancy thread.

@masmith93 You keep on complaining about that ;)
    SlickRickmasmith93MizTy
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    So funny...

Kids, from day one, I have posted about the " devious Finish people "...

Most people thought it was just " cute typing of words "...

Y'all still think that...

Everything comes from the power of the game getting away from " NextGames " at the higher levels...

" NextGames " is scrambling to regain a balance... Thus deviousness is what is perceived...

===~~~===~~~===~~~===~~~===

NextGames... ya really need to " FlowChart / StoryBoard " your changes... And the direction that the game is headed... With honest critique...

I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

tembel
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Amazayn said:

since it is an event for hunter... you guys should also sell hunter's weapon bundle! (for those who have lvl19 hunters and had no good lvl19 weapon will understand this)

Nice idea...I think they could also charge us for getting even connected to the server :wink:
    i have a great idea @Teeceezy when you guys offer a class bundle, you guys should offer the weapon and instead of 15 radios, give us 500 tokens for that class. so for the upcoming hunters event, why not offer a weapon and a token for hunter. i hope this helps
    TheLostOnes
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    This "event" as you call it must clearly be a joke :|
    Bryan18ScratchNSmithInvaderSlickRick