When you play, do you play with the sound effects and music on?

DrRevadacDrRevadac Member Posts: 53

When you play, do you play with the sound effects and music on? 70 votes

Yes, both
17%
Neil_Jtembelsanchezi910BuckzztheRealBendereuchidJadenBigroyBorutoKrullLgrattSmalls1123 12 votes
No, neither
68%
zosonBeccaPutchucomdstexgabriel_lwhDeadBeatmanicorn[Deleted User]8900rpmSpipmanLadyAquilaMizTyTessy276SmittYAvalon8_wendy_personlllDalemasmith93Deuces 48 votes
Only Music
0%
Only Sound Effects
12%
FragzieDoTakEL34xyzGrimm_ReaperNCDawgFanSRXKafirKaiserSlowMo 9 votes
It depends on the mission!
1%
[Deleted User] 1 vote
manicornOneLessTitan

Comments

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    No, neither
    I don't even remember what any of it sounds like.
    SpacemanSpiffDLichMizTy
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    No, neither
    Turned it off 5minutes after first play.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    DLichMizTy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    No, neither
    When I would farm 7-4 sometimes just to hear when it was my turn. But that got old fast. I don't ever play with sound.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • _wendy__wendy_ Member Posts: 171
    No, neither
    Turned all the sound off months ago so no one at work knows when Im playing.
    LadyAquilaJenng
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Yes, both
    Sometimes wasn't an option but I'll have sound and music on quietly about half the time.
    The other half I don't cos I play in bed whilst spending parts of the night unable to sleep.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    [Deleted User]
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    No, neither
    I used to and like listening better but I highly hate the stupidly added guitar music that overplays when you shoot walkers at the wall. It sounds like shit overtop of the under music and I hate hearing it. Bad add by devs a few updates back. I'll bet that person would put a black car bra on a black Camaro.

JenngLadyAquilaDoTak[Deleted User]
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    No, neither
    I'm always playing where I'm not suppose to so I have to turn off all sound... at work, at home hiding in another room away from the kids and my wife, while driving...
    JenngLadyAquila_wendy_
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    No, neither
    Before I even started playing, I checked the settings and killed all sound effects. Kept the gore, though.
    Jenng
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    No, neither
    Ah, @GreenBalloon, good point about the gore. I turned it off to help keep farming missions running better. I guess I can turn that back on now. Thanks for the reminder about it.
    GreenBalloonJenng
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    I dont want to frighten the kids ;-)

But as they are on holiday I boost it through 1000 watt amp so the whole street is frightened now! MUHAHAHAHAHA
    Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Only Sound Effects
    I find it less engaging without sound. The mission music is ok, but prefer it off. I got tired of the camp violins which made me nix the music altogether.
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    I haven't had sound turned on for ANY mobile game in probably 2-3 years. Typically it's too tinny, or repetitive. Generally the first thing I do with a new game is disable all sounds, and music. It's actually difficult to play with it on now. I find it distracting.

Now on my PC, I play with headphone/mic so it's just mobil games.
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    No, neither
    Music, sounds effects and gore all turned off as i run this game on a iphone 4s and makes it far more stable with less battery drain and doesn't heat my phone up to melting point!
    _wendy_
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    No, neither
    Once in awhile I turn them on, such as when announcement that there is new sounds or music in update, but almost immediately shut them off. Other than some games, such as Telltale Walking Dead where audio changes and scripted, I shut off sounds everywhere. Not NG's fault, more the nature of the beast in that they become too repetitive too quickly.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    No, neither
    I turn sound effects and gore on for YT video recording, but not music. Otherwise I prefer to play fully silent with no gore.
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    Looking at the votes so far I think NG's audio staff will get less money next month :-)

But I guess its related to "mobile gaming" itself. Camp music is really cool! Sad, melancholy but also Kind of motivating. I like the mood it transports and is a 100% match. Sound effects are also great @audiostaff

From this side, sorry to say I dont have audio on!
    Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
    SmittY
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Only Sound Effects
    The music on a couple of those side missions made me want to slash my wrists. I turned it off as soon as I realized that was an option. I find the sound effects help me in a few situations so I play with it turned on. At least the game gives every player a chance to customize game sound to their personal liking.
    [Deleted User]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Yes, both
    Some games sound awesome playing through a good loud stereo.
    Back from 2016 :p
    PR0DJ
  • DrRevadacDrRevadac Member Posts: 53
    No, neither
    Well, my first poll question seems to be a success! Keep your thoughts coming!
    theRealBenderIllbrainer
  • KozdramaKozdrama Member Posts: 10
    No, neither
    Even though I heard my wife playing a new game on her ipad all the time... I didn't know for days it was TWD No Man's Land... since I never used sound.
    BadLuckChuck
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    No, neither
    I think the camp music is wonderful, melancholic... But the rest of the game music make my ears bleed.
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    No, neither
    I did like the missions where you were dark going room to room and with headphones in you can hear hisses and whispy gutteral background sounds. That was cool. Anyone know what I mean?

DrRevadac
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited July 2016
    Yes, both
    @SmittY Yes, I know what you mean - Silent Hill!
    The soundtrack music to that, through headphones, creeps me out.
    I initially loved it so much I downloaded the first 4 soundtrack albums!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    No, neither
    Sound off, Music off, Gore off. I have an extreme sensitivity to sensory input. If I couldn't turn them off, playing would be a very unpleasant experience and I would not do it.
  • It depends on the mission!
    My first two months was full of noise. Then I shut it off until a couple weeks ago. Now it's back on.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    No, neither
    I almost always playing at night and my wife is sleeping. So my phone always totally on mute. But I don't mind to put in car stereo and kill couple of missions with sub-woofer on max.