Episode 14, Nightmare

sborgsborg Member Posts: 579
Anyone tried it yet? Had any success?
Jazz

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I'm still trying to beat 12-6 then on to 13-1 and all those armored walkers on the railroad tracks. I plan to complete them in order but I expect those high level saviors on 14 will bring the pain. Good luck to all who try!
    Angiedagreat
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 579
    Has anyone gotten past the tank at the beginning of 14-1? He's rated at over 8700. Can't kill him. Is it possible to slip by him?
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Have not tried 14 yet on nightmare mode. I want to complete 12-6, then tackle 13 before trying 14. Sounds like a dodge opportunity to me.
    Melaniex
  • xyzxyz Member Posts: 44
    edited August 2016
    Hi,
    I managed to complete 14-1 mission nighmare with my legendary team of assault, shooter and hunter (level19) at first attempt. Equipment are fully upgraded level 22 (weapons and armors).
    My 3 survivors are all injured more or less seriously at the end.
    As for 12-2 mission it's a different story first attempt failed because you need to rescue a survivor immediately from the beginning.
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 579
    xyz said:

Hi,
    I managed to complete 14-1 mission nighmare with my legendary team of assault, shooter and hunter (level19) at first attempt. Equipment are fully upgraded level 22 (weapons and armors).
    My 3 survivors are all injured more or less seriously at the end.
    As for 12-2 mission it's a different story first attempt failed because you need to rescue a survivor immediately from the beginning.

How did you get past the tank at the beginning of the mission? Details please. :)
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2016
    Just passed 14-1 nightmare with 19 lvl legendary warrior, 19 lvl legendary assault and 19 lvl epic shooter. Shooter with stun resistance and luck and dodge stayed with tank until others had passed safely and opened first trunk and reached next ones. Did not even try to kill big momma. The rest was easy, just walking to end and killing some walkers. Shooter got minor bruises from fatty but others were untouched. My team is not having state-of-art equipment, eg warrior only has 18 lvl gear, but they have min 20% luck and dodge each so it helps a lot..

• SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    If anyone completes Episode 14 on Nightmare, then I salute you!! I don't really participate much in story-missions, but knowing how I like to just bully my way through all mission maps, I'm probably f*cked.

Or maybe I just need more "purple" lol
    In the morning I passed 14-2 nightmare on second try. On the first attempt, the survivor to be rescued, died almost instantly in enemy fire. On this second attempt, I took Daryl along because of his retaliation trait, and my shooter with stun resist trait. The shooter went close to enemy bruiser to lure him away from the survivor. Even though the survivor again came stupidly to the open area, this time he only got shot once by enemy hunter as enemy shooter decided to target Daryl instead. I quickly took away enemy hunter and shooter and finally bruiser as he was the least dangerous for the survivor and then moved everyone to finish line.

14-3 nightmare will take a few tries. First I couldn't kill the 23 lvl guard in one round, leaving him just a few hp's. Then I tried stunning him with my 19 lvl bruiser to get more time to kill him but I guess it's either not possible due to 4 lvl difference or you need 20+ lvl weapon to do that which i dont have at the moment...
    @TheMurphy 14-3 nightmare might be easy for you as you have scout in your team. I dont. :(
    Now have a scout in the team. Still upgrading a weapon with swift strike trait. I want to pass this 14-3 nightmare and dont see any other way since bruiser cant stun the guard and no other survivor class can make enough damage with one body shot without charged special ability. So Im counting on to get swift strike and then other two team members can finish off the guard. Or anyone else managed to get rid off the guard without alarm and not using scout?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    edited September 2016
    After many weeks of trying to beat 14.1 on nightmare, I finally beat it yesterday. I then went on to beat 14.2, 14.3, and 14.4 in the same day! Here's my strategies:

14.1: I tried the dodge approach for awhile, just running through the level without attacking anyone, and got close a few times. I changed my strategy to more of an offensive one. I used two scouts and a warrior. One scout had interrupt, so he kept the fatty busy while the others moved past and took out the initial walkers. My other scout has the new threat reduction trait, which was clutch. Reduced the first swarm to just one walker and the second swarm to nothing! Once I got ahead of the fatty I was pretty much home free.

14.2: I used two shooters, both with gold high powered and interrupt. This required a bit of luck. The goal is to not have the enemy shooter come out from hiding on the first turn, otherwise the bruiser you have to save is toast. One shooter takes the high route and shoots the enemy hunter while my other shooter took the low road and also shot the hunter. The enemy hunter will go for the bruiser while the enemy bruiser will go for your lower shooter. You can take out the enemy hunter next turn and use interrupt to keep the bruiser at bay. Hide your wounded bruiser back a bit while you finish off the enemy bruiser and shooter, but then make a dash for the finish line. The swarm of level 24 walkers is what usually screws you. Use interrupt strategically to get there in one piece.

14.3: The hard part is killing the enemy guard in one turn, otherwise you lose. I used the same two shooters as the previous level and one scout. I had to finish upgrading the scout weapon before I was able to do enough damage to kill the guard. After that just move in, I think if you open up the far cage first there's less Freemen that spawn. I also think I hit a glitch that was in my favor. After I released Angie, only one of my characters had a move left. I used this to open the first cage and immediately my screen turned black and then the game restarted (this same thing used to happen all the time in the first map of the Town challenge after moving on the first turn). Anyways, when it loaded back up, all the Freemen had spawned but my characters had all of their moves (and health!) left so I was able to just walk into the finish line no problem. I beat this on the first try once I was able to finally kill that first guard.

14.4: Same team as previous. Two shooters and one scout. Beat this one on the first try. Take the low route to avoid the fatty. Hope he circles back to chase you. Use interrupt to keep the other two walkers at bay and then take them out. Once you get into the next section, get both shooters in the upper and lower areas for cover and keep the scout behind the car to interrupt the fatty once he catches up to you. All you have to do is take out the Freeman arming the container and it will open up a shit ton of fatties and armored walkers that will basically insta-struggle the entire Freemen army, leaving you to run past them to the finish.

I was only able to try 14.5 once before the gas event ended. Now I'm focusing on the weekly challenge so I'll attempt that again next weekend. That level is pretty hard, though.

It's also worth saying that most of my weapons are only level 20. I have some armor at 21/22, but it's really about using good traits strategically to get through these levels.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    1RisGregoriosScreamersNailSvy
    @TheMurphy any good strategy for 14.5? I killed the first 4 Freemen easily, but when I got to the gate, the hunter behind the fence destroyed me. Not to mention the huge swarm that comes right about the time I get there.
    @crambert_nec Congratulations. I also dont have fully upgraded gear with most of my survivors. Soon I hope to be able to finish 14-3 nightmare, Im still upgrading scout weapon.. It takes so long time without gold (f2p as i am). Gas event helped a lot though to gain necessary xp to develop epic scout from lvl 11 to lvl 19 and maxing out weapon.. I never needed a scout before this mission :)
    @tallinie Thanks! I'm largely f2p as well. Just bought a handful of gas boosters when I was trying to catch my camp up before 1.9 was released and also having bought Morgan's Staff. Everything else has just been grind! I never used a scout until nightmare missions on either episode 12 or 13 (maybe both?). Whichever one had multiple levels with high level armored walers.
    edited August 2016
    OK, scout upgrade completed and 14-3 nightmare now passed successfully, although 19 lvl epic scout with 10% strong trait and 22 lvl epic weapon with 10% lethal trait was just barely enough to make enough damage to 23 lvl guard in the beginning. In addition to scout, I had shooter and hunter in the team with interrupt trait. After killing the guard, the team waited a few turns so that the "backup" (walkers) would arrive as soon as my Scout frees Angie and the other fellow and Freemen appear. So walkers and Freemen would fight with each other and my team and rescued survivors could just walk to the finish line untouched.
    Already tried out 14-4 nightmare but was stuck to the battle between Freemen and walkers and couldnt get through to exit line and then some more walkers spawned and couldnt handle those. Maybe need to setup my team to bottom of screen so that there is free path to go through when fatties and armored walkers are released from the container...
    edited August 2016
    Completed 14-4 nightmare with two 19 lvl epic shooters and one 19 lvl epic hunter. I used shooters to kill two 24 lvl walkers so that the other one got his special ability charged while hunter was keeping fatty away with interrupt. Then I moved on (via the lower path) to kill the Freeman working on the container, so that all those fatties and armored walkers got released and started fighting with Freemen. To get more time, I killed the leftmost Freeman (feast time for walkers). Some fatty was still coming to my team so I used interrupt to keep it away while moving slowly to right, past the fight zone. I didn't stay to kill those walkers that were spawned behind my team. Even though my team didn't get any hits from the walkers, the whole team was still injured pretty badly thanks to the remaining two Freemen (a shooter and a scout) who were waiting very close to the exit. Not sure if it was better to kill them (in which case the walkers might catch you), or just to move past them as I did (in which case you are getting hits from Freemen). In my case I did the latter as the team had plenty of health points left (however, if they had any less health points then this would have been wrong choice and I wouldn't have completed the mission).
    edited August 2016
    And now completed 14-5 nightmare which appeared to be a lot easier than previous mission. Used same two shooters plus Daryl. Killed first two Freemen (shooter and hunter) and approached gate via upper path. Killed another Freeman (scout) hiding up there. Daryl went to open gate while others killed Freeman (hunter) hiding behind fence. Also had to kill closest walker that was spawned close to the gate. Then moved through the gate and left one shooter with interrupt to block incoming walker group. The rest was easy as it seems that no walkers are spawned on right side of gate except just a few close to exit point where they can have fun with Freemen and you can just watch or keep shooting Freemen. Freemen stayed pretty much put so you could have all the time you need to kill them. Did get some hits from Freemen before gate and also from one or two walkers at gate, but nothing serious. So one more mission remaining to join Nightmare club. :)
    gespuer
    Completed 14-6 nightmare as well. This is one of the easiest missions when you have interrupt and extended range with your shooters. Keep to middle of arena, shoot Freemen down (no rush with warriors and bruisers) while keeping them in distance with interrupt and charge shooters special abilities by making kills with shooters only. Dont bother about walkers or Van Zandt. Use shooters double shoot to Freeman hunters only, first kill the other one and then the last one. Then you can join me and @TheMurphy in the Nightmare club. Wish I had that Scout in my team earlier, would have completed episode 14 one week earlier :)
    KillpupsNkits
    Will upload pics later, now it seems forums are broken and you cant attach pics to any posts...
    Ok its working even though its grayed out... Here you go.

Just wish I could replay all episodes with similar difficulty level as these last few episodes. Feeling actually a bit sad that its all over now and time to move on.
    MizTy
    edited August 2016
    Just beat the last two missions! Thanks for the tips guys. Here's how I did them:

14.5: Two shooters and a scout. Position the two shooters behind the upper tombstone and the lower left tombstone and position the scout in the lower right tombstone. Having the scout in the far right tombstone will reveal the enemy shooter so your two shooters can take him out in two turns. The enemy shooter and hunter always shoot the shooter behind the upper tombstone, so make sure if you have someone with bullet dodge and/or bulletproof you put him up there. Once the enemy shooter is taken care of, move your scout underneath the hunter to reveal him and make him bleed. Your remaining shooters can take him out that same turn. Don't engage the bruiser! He will stay where he is. Take the upper route and take care of the hidden scout. After you kill him, you can easily pick off the far enemy hunter behind the fence if your two shooters have the gold high powered trait. You'll be too far away for him to hit you. Move your two shooters just above the gate you have to open to block the walker that spawns once you start, and then move your scout to open the gate. Typically the fatty that spawns on the bottom will end up going for that bruiser that you left. Keep the walkers at bay with interrupt until the gate is open. Go on through but go down around the car. Step out in the open and try to kill the nearest shooter quickly. The one in the middle should be too far out of range. No one else will engage you, but keep the walkers away by using interrupt. Time a walker spawn when you get in this final area. They will spawn behind the Freemen and attack them. Take care of the other shooter if he isn't distracted by the walkers, otherwise just run to the finish.

14.6: Very easy using the strategy @tallinie posted above. Beat this one on the first try. Make sure everyone has interrupt and your two shooters have the gold high powered trait. I used a hunter in addition to the two shooters. Stay in back and pick off the warriors and bruisers, using interrupt if they get too close. Make sure each shooter kills two Freemen each so they can have their charge attack powered. Before you kill both bruisers, make sure your characters are far enough away from the back door so you won't get mauled by the level 25 walkers that pop in after you kill the two bruisers. Then just double pop each hunter to beat the level!
    @crambert_nec Congrats and welcome to the club!
    crambert_nec
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    @tallinie thanks for all of the advice on strategies for getting thru 14 Nightmare. Glad to have joined the club with you, and looking forward to new story missions too.
    @sligoem You are welcome.
    sligoem