Episode 14, Nightmare

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Sign me up. I made it through as well.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

TheLostOnes
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990

14.2: I used two shooters, both with gold high powered and interrupt. This required a bit of luck. The goal is to not have the enemy shooter come out from hiding on the first turn, otherwise the bruiser you have to save is toast. One shooter takes the high route and shoots the enemy hunter while my other shooter took the low road and also shot the hunter. The enemy hunter will go for the bruiser while the enemy bruiser will go for your lower shooter. You can take out the enemy hunter next turn and use interrupt to keep the bruiser at bay. Hide your wounded bruiser back a bit while you finish off the enemy bruiser and shooter, but then make a dash for the finish line. The swarm of level 24 walkers is what usually screws you. Use interrupt strategically to get there in one piece.

@crambert_nec How do you ensure the shooter does not come out? I'm trying with my two shooters (one has gold range, who I'm using on top, the other has silver/interrupt who I'm using on bottom), and each time I have them both target the hunter, the shooter comes out next turn and wastes the bruiser.

Can you explain exactly what movement you made to keep their shooter back??
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    @General_Quatre you can try to get those Freemen to target your team instead of the survivor to be rescued. I used that strategy. You probably get some hits, maybe friendly bruiser will get one hit as well as he will be running into middle of battle field but wont be totally wasted.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @General_Quatre It was all luck of the draw for me. Half the time the shooter came out, half the time he didn't. I would move my upper shooter as far as he could go for 1 AP, then I would have him attack the hunter. I would have my lower shooter just target the hunter from below and he would get moved accordingly. You can also try @tallinie's strategy. I believe my guildmate used that one. It also helped that I accomplished this all during the gas weekend event so even if I lost right away it wasn't a complete waste of gas.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • zmansbrzmansbr Member Posts: 36
    Made it... 14-5 took me way too many tries probably due to my scout only having a 21 level armor. Had to upgrade traits to first pink star to make it through. And it took a bunch of luck.

Devs: 14-6 crashed repeatedly for me right as I was perfecting my interrupt approach technique. Same exact spot and then when the game restarted, the lvl 25's had already hit me twice!

14.4: Same team as previous. Two shooters and one scout. Beat this one on the first try. Take the low route to avoid the fatty. Hope he circles back to chase you. Use interrupt to keep the other two walkers at bay and then take them out. Once you get into the next section, get both shooters in the upper and lower areas for cover and keep the scout behind the car to interrupt the fatty once he catches up to you. All you have to do is take out the Freeman arming the container and it will open up a shit ton of fatties and armored walkers that will basically insta-struggle the entire Freemen army, leaving you to run past them to the finish.

I tried your tactic and it worked until I killed the container-opening Freeman and my top shooter was stuck up top and trapped...How did you get everyone past the fray once the army was released and the swarm spawned..? Maybe I took too many turns to get to that point, because they spawned right next to my bottom survivors (Scout/Shooter) and pincer'ed them from all sides...
    @General_Quatre Hmmmm... I moved my top shooter back down around the left side of that truck and then underneath the container walkers and Freemen duking it out. Is there a walker spawn that's blocking your top shooter from moving back down? I can't recall a walker spawn when I did it. It probably happened but they probably all contributed to attacking the Freemen. Sorry I can't help. Keep trying that strategy and if they keep spawning by you try and make good use of interrupt to hold them back.
  • El_GringoEl_Gringo Member Posts: 13
    Hi, how is that possible to have level 20+ weapons armor ?
    @tallinie @crambert_nec Thanks for the tips so far! Just cleared 14-4 and got my @$$ handed to me in 14-5. Gonna regroup and try again, maybe after another armor upgrade and a different team/strategy.
  • zmansbrzmansbr Member Posts: 36
    @General_Quatre Took me forever too. I had to upgrade my scout to 22 armor and make sure I was using interrupt well. Also, after you come to the gate, you have to take out that shooter further down the fence pretty quickly. Don't line up your survivors for him or get too close or he'll shoot through all of them. Also, while waiting for the gate, keep your other two survivors close to the fence or they will attract the fatties. Hope for dodge if that happens. After the gate, its a crap shoot.
    edited August 2016
    @zmansbr @crambert_nec @tallinie

I don't understand how to keep the swarm off in the three turns it takes to open the gate!! As soon as my scout starts on it, all those fatties and bruisers start coming in. Even with interrupt they advance and swarm in way too quickly. How the heck do you get through that gate?!

Edit: scratch that, FINALLY made it through. It seems like every time I post here, I make it through on my next attempt, so..

Preemptively saying how I can't make it through 14-6 and please help!!
    How do you get those level 22 gears ??
    @El_Gringo You need to fully upgrade level 19 rare/epic/legendary gear to get it to level 22. Level 19 gear is easiest to get by buying it (as long as you have level 19 survivors of the same class). Chances are that you can find those for free from gold chests or from those chests you can buy with TG as well but you should be at level 52 or higher in building points to have better chances. Even I dont have too many level 19 epic or legendary gear that I could upgrade to level 22.
    Guess who joined the club!! Thanks for all the help and advice, gang!

Now back to grinding out that XP...
    @General_Quatre Congrats!

@El_Gringo Level 19 is the highest base level gear you can find, but you can upgrade them all 3 levels higher. So the highest possible gear level is always 3 above the highest possible survivor level.
    General_Quatre
    Ok, I think I now understand. Level 16 workshop allow me to upgrade level 19 weapons 3 times ? Also, my level 19 fighers are able to use weapons level 19 what ever the level I upgraded them ?
    @El_Gringo Yes.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Any more suggestions for 14.5? I lacking THE shooters with gold grid. Not getting iT done... :(
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    @Conan1976 Interrupt would be more useful than grid in this map. Just keep pushing, you can do it mate...
    Conan1976
    @tallinie cheers ill Will push
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

The bloke behind the fence keeps killing me :( That hunter dude
    Everyone is Welcome!

@Conan1976 Unfortunately, that's where the shooters with gold high powered trait come in handy. You can stand one grid out of the hunter's range and pick him off :/
  • TigerfrillyTigerfrilly Member Posts: 9
    I bought a gas boost and took advantage of this weeks reduced healing times to tackle episode 14. I have only completed it in normal though. I still have the hard and nightmare levels left to do. I tend to stick to using 2 hunters and an assault for most missions ... works for me :)
    @Conan1976 I had only one shooter with Gold range, so I actually had my Scout go in for a fast stab (I might have even used Brain Stab, can't remember) before going for the gate. If you have Luck+Swift Strike, you may get lucky and take out the Hunter with your Scout in one move...
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Even though I don't normally care to do any story-missions, I was strangely inspired by this thread. Figured I'd give it a go.

Well.... I came, I saw, I conquered.

Now teach me the secret handshake :D

rgerkmanConan1976
  • deadwalkingdeadwalking Member Posts: 48
    #WINNING
    image.png 1023.3K
    @General_Quatre

I do have a scout with luck n swift strike. Ill give it a try next gas booster :)

Thanx for the support lads!

Conan
    Everyone is Welcome!

Bump
    Everyone is Welcome!

Still trying :(
    Everyone is Welcome!

• PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    tallinie said:

Completed 14-4 nightmare with two 19 lvl epic shooters and one 19 lvl epic hunter. I used shooters to kill two 24 lvl walkers so that the other one got his special ability charged while hunter was keeping fatty away with interrupt. Then I moved on (via the lower path) to kill the Freeman working on the container, so that all those fatties and armored walkers got released and started fighting with Freemen. To get more time, I killed the leftmost Freeman (feast time for walkers). Some fatty was still coming to my team so I used interrupt to keep it away while moving slowly to right, past the fight zone. I didn't stay to kill those walkers that were spawned behind my team. Even though my team didn't get any hits from the walkers, the whole team was still injured pretty badly thanks to the remaining two Freemen (a shooter and a scout) who were waiting very close to the exit. Not sure if it was better to kill them (in which case the walkers might catch you), or just to move past them as I did (in which case you are getting hits from Freemen). In my case I did the latter as the team had plenty of health points left (however, if they had any less health points then this would have been wrong choice and I wouldn't have completed the mission).

@tallinie I am trying to do 14.4 with similar team as you did. Now my problem is I do not have a pistol with both interrupt and extended range. So my question is, after the initial fatie and two regular walkers are dealt with (which can take like 5 turns...) how did you kill the Freeman that is working the container?

Cheers