I don't get it...

Perhaps I am dumb, but I just do not get it. When I upgraded my main survivors to 19, my 2 best Hunters (just as an example) went up to 1903 damage. After that bug in traints on weapons and armor, they went down to 1750 or so. I thought they would go back to 1903 after the bug was fixed. Now the traits on gear are working fine and the 1903 damage is nowhere to be seen. So is that an update or a bug still?

I mean I would be quite ok with lower numbers on survivors if the walkers at the same level are weaker too, but can anyone confirm if that's the case? I have to admit that, after investing time and real money (my choice, I know) in the game, now what I "built" is worse less. I am in fact considering to drop this game, no matter how much I like it in general terms. Thoughts and comments more than welcome guys, and thanks in advance if that's the case.

Cheers
maggiemoo

Comments

• MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    It's not you're imagination & you're correct on both counts: survivors & walkers at the higher levels were weakened in order to provide a more linear progression of the characters as we move onto even higher levels. See "game balances" in the announcements for more details

Personally I'm excited about the changes. I love being able to keep my best survivors and upgrade them almost infinitely. I don't feel that the loss of power my survivors suffered affected my gameplay at all: they still kill the same level of walkers they did before. All that changed is that:
    1) they have a new trait (woo hoo!)
    2) They have no traing cap, so I can level them up higher
    3) and they are more "relevant" because I can keep them longer.

That said, I do hope you continue to enjoy playing the game. I think it just takes an adjustment in attitude to accept the changes and see how it (positively) affects future play.
    BorutoPapacas
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @MizTy well you ight just be right. I think my hunters are getting more body shots at L19 than before but i may very well be wrong
    SmittY
  • @Papacas I don't understand why they couldn't just increase walker difficulty instead of nerfing our survivors. Now (for better gameplay, not) my survivors can't kill anywhere near what I used to.
    Why not just introduce a higher level walker?
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    I actually haven't noticed any difference in damage done since update, (knock on wood lol) but only difference I've noticed is slightly changing my farming & mission strategies due to hunters range being lessened, but still killing lvl 21s & 22s in 1 hit with my hunters not an issue lol
    MizTyPapacas
    @bgbelden yeah i am with you all the way. I am too picky or obcessed even with numbers and watching my numbers go down hurts a bit, hehehe
    [Deleted User]
    @PimpOfTheDead well i wish i could say the same about my hunters. And mind you they are level 19 and all using thise perfect level 21 legendary rifles i purshsed weeks ago. Sometimes, more than before, kevel 19 walkers dont go down in one hit. They have about the same success than my assault....
    [Deleted User]
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Bodyshot! All you need to do to guarantee a bodyshot is to leave any one player vulnerable to counter swipe and its guaranteed. That was added last time around. Now you are getting the no reward for going to 19. Bummer.

Papacas
    edited July 2016
    Hehehe seems like a bright future. Talking about my survivors ofc. Perhaps it is good we now play Walking Injured and not Walking Dead, lol
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    edited July 2016
    I always assumed when Dodge was doubled that so was Marksman (on range survivors) or Strong (on melee survivors) or that somehow Sure Shot (on range survivors) and Power Strike (on melee survivors) was also affecting the Damage ratings. The reason is because once double Dodge was fixed, the Damage ratings went down on my survivors.

Earlier today I upgraded the trait Power Strike on my Warrior and it didn't have any effect on the Damage ratings. So, for sure its Marksman/Strong that is affecting the extra damage on the ratings. Also, the trait Lethal on weapons increases the Damage ratings

@OldGoth @Teeceezy can someone confirm or explain this?
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Power Strike works on a chance roll. You wouldn't see its effect until you activate/use it.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    @theRealBender no it doesn't. It's X% more damage if you attack without moving.

Sure shot increases critical chance by X% when you attack without moving
    You're right I was mixing traits when I said "chance roll". But my intent was to tell you why you cannot see it in your survivor screen. That extra damage cannot be calculated until the attack and resulting damage is rolled.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Agree with @theRealBender, if there is a reason why you wouldnt get the extra damage, then it is not going to show on the survivor screen.
    So in this case, you will get it if you are stationary, you will not if you are moving.
    @theRealBender yes of course. I just assumed since they messed up on the double dodge then they probably messed up on another trait as well. Highly unlikely it was sure shot/power strike but you never know haha.
    Lethal trait is apparently wonky still.
    That's weird @Papacas I get the odd body shot here & there, but mine take down lvl 19 to 21 walkers in 1 hit over 95% of the time & also have the same purchased lvl 21 rifles with now lvl 19 hunters. Not sure the traits matter much? As I only started putting a few points into 1 as the tokens take forever & not willing to sacrifice that many radios yet lol. But not sure it matters either but 2 of mine are legendary & 1 is epic, but like I said when they changed Hunter stats from the get go a couple weeks ago, all I noticed was rifle range difference not damage & don't have patience to pay attention to my overall numbers so never really looked at those ever to notice lol
    @PimpOfTheDead i am with you! All legendary hunter and nowhere near 95%. Not sure why but tbh i can live with it.

I am holding on to my radios and see if the better survivor weekend event comes again one day. No idea if NG is gonna kill this event or not. Another event i would welcome at this point would be the extra xp per trashed gear, so that my hoarding in the past weeks could bring some profit, hehehe
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    Papacas said:

Another event i would welcome at this point would be the extra xp per trashed gear, so that my hoarding in the past weeks could bring some profit, hehehe

Or trash rare/epic/leg gear for class tokens :smile:
    @CanadianMike oh man now THAT would be sweet, hehe
    @Papacas I can't see the 2x trash event happening again or at least anytime soon, due to the 2x XP booster as then players will be able to scrap gear for 4x XP & really clean up lol. I bought my 1st XP booster on Friday & trashed tons of saved gear & old upgraded stuff & made a killing at over 10m XP lol, so need to start collecting again
    @PimpOfTheDead yeah you make a good point. I guess I will perhaps do that next weekend but I will keep all gear with perfect traits, epics too and lower levels. Who knows if gear does not follow the same course survivors did and we can upgrade them with gear tokens? :-)
    @Papacas it's possible but not worried about all that yet lol, did scrap all my upgraded lvl 20 gear as with the booster was worth 1m each+ so just on lvl 20 Hunter gear alone that was 6m lol, only kept some level 18 base legendary & scrapped anything 17 & lower as I will never use it lol
  • I didn't notice as I went to get a drink after I sent my lvl 18 assault to kill a lvl 6 tank. Came back and not only did the tank survive but in turn stunned my survivor. Lvl 18 vs lvl 6 seems like a no brainer, my how things have changed.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    @bgbelden yeah tell me about it...