Max number of stars without gold or boosters?

I suppose this is a question for @SlickRick Redundancy Thread...anyway... Which is the max number of stars a player can win x challenge without gold, gas booster etc? (...and sleeping 8 hours x day...).
I ask because i assume that doesn't care my level survivors but with my 300/320 stars and probably few more...i realized this rodent has reached is top.
Of course with gas booster i will easily get 400+
What about you??
"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
OneLessTitanMovado

Comments

• shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    I'm on the same as @OneLessTitan
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    That's some hardcore number-crunching there, that's cool. I would only add that the unknown variable is how many extra free gas you receive from the rewards crates, etc
    DLichmaggiemoo
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Thank you @SpacemanSpiff. I've always been curious of this myself im glad @capibara asked this question so I could have a reason to do the math on it.

Im level 49 now and buy unlimited gas once a week for challenges and exploration missions.

It can be used as a guideline regarding building guilds based upon potential players recommended survivor levels.

But these numbers are the extreme. Nobody in their right mind who doesn't buy gas would solely play challenges only

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    capibara
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 859
    Hey @capibara are you on apple or android device? If you're on Apple and you want to go for 400 stars, I can buy you an App-store/iTunes gift card, so you can buy boosters/gold. :smile:
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,500
    @OneLessTitan yes i will probably play for those 310 and i'm done.
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    @DLich wow amazing! Your point is perfect and fits with the higher amount of stars i usually can reach with crates and theater. Nice :D
    I'm with a mini Apple ipad dear @Movado ....yes you are right. Maybe one day i will try one of those cards. I've seen them often in the shops... And i'll assure that you will be one of the first to know that i have an iTunes card ;)
    Movado
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 859
    @capibara Check your Line message. Enjoy!
    capibara
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    this many stars ★☆☆
    Stafford5
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 2,885
    This is the best I could do......it depends on the challenge. If I could get 300 I would do the boosters. Lol unfortunately, I haven't. But it's not too shabby.
    :innocent:
    capibara
    @Jenng you haven't bought boosters at all for that score specifically unlimited gas? If not have you only played challenges?

@DLich
    Nope, no boosters and I've played some supplies missions also so I can upgrade my training grounds. I would've liked to have had more quests but this time they weren't there. Lol
    DLich
    @Jenng awesome. Your star count is typical for the formula I created. 277 us a great score.

Includes 6 bonus stars, any gas from crates, any additional gas (my formula was based off 8 hours of not playing) but you'd akso wake up with full gas and assuming you didn't wait 8 hours to play it's very achievable for 277. Great job :)

Jenng
    Yep! @DLich
    Your formula is me! Lol
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @DLich Your model doesn't take into account the large quantities of gas we get from mission cards and cinema cards now.

I earn >330 every single week without having to spend any gold or buy any boosters. I've made as many as 364 without spending. 310 is really just a time optimization issue and doesn't require sleeping less.
    @zoson

So you're saying I suck?! Lol
    ggbats
  • PoxboroughPoxborough Member Posts: 1
    @DLich

Just a little question which may seem obvious to the rest of you but is not for me:

assuming someone does the "lower star trick" in the beginning you're looking at -

18 gas at survivor level required 3 to earn 12 stars

It seems like you recommend to earn just 2 stars each from the first 6 challenge missions you do. Do I get you right?
    You mention the "lower star trick".
    What is that trick?
    @zoson yes it's not taken into account so it is possible to score higher (but the formula also assumes that a person spends every ounce of gas Monday through Friday on challenges only which is highly unrealistic). I have added that note in there regarding the formula I used.

@Poxborough The "trick" is based on the way the difficulties change defendant upon star levels. Every 3 stars you attain on a certain mission, the next mission raises the recommended survivor level.

So on level 3 (the first one) or any level you do this "trick" on you attain 2 stars by purposefully getting bruises on a survivor. Since you didn't get 3 stars you won't directly move up to the next survivor level and can therefore replay the same difficulty.

Using the formula on how rec survivor level is based as I posted earlier in this thread, you can attain 5 stars, in two separare runs, on the same rec level.

JenngBlack_Jack
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I usually tap out at 310 and don't use gas boosters or gold. I also do exploration missions to use the video on lower level challenges. Mind you, I've levelled my Jeep up to 23 gas.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    @DLich have you looked at this 2-star trick in terms of gas efficiency? Like when it switches to the higher gas requirement. I can do the math but asking in case you already have :#
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Jenng
    Ooooo! @DLich, I'm totally diggin your style! I didn't know the trick! Lol I'm usually an all you got to give girl lol I'm doing it! Next challenge!
    It's easier to do in the later missions. You'll be there all day trying to get a Lvl 3 Walker to bruise your level 18 survivor lol

Lol! Good to know!
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 7/9/16 9:00 pm

Be courteous to fellow forum members. Don’t insult people. If another user has bothered you, take a deep breath, fire up No Man’s Land and take it out on walkers instead.

@mongo911 , as numerous warnings for your behavior on the forum were issued, please wait for the consequences.
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

Jenng
    Awe! :blush: @mongo911

So sweet! Thank you!
    mongo911
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    edited July 2016
    DLich said:

@zoson yes it's not taken into account so it is possible to score higher (but the formula also assumes that a person spends every ounce of gas Monday through Friday on challenges only which is highly unrealistic). I have added that note in there regarding the formula I used.

@Poxborough The "trick" is based on the way the difficulties change defendant upon star levels. Every 3 stars you attain on a certain mission, the next mission raises the recommended survivor level.

So on level 3 (the first one) or any level you do this "trick" on you attain 2 stars by purposefully getting bruises on a survivor. Since you didn't get 3 stars you won't directly move up to the next survivor level and can therefore replay the same difficulty.

Using the formula on how rec survivor level is based as I posted earlier in this thread, you can attain 5 stars, in two separare runs, on the same rec level.

@DLich first I was going to ask why at 12 stars a round you suddenly started using odd #'s but @Poxborough beat me to it. So now the question is on you map that you fail at, do you have to fail on the same map as the first time?
    Does failing one map make the entire next round lower RSL?
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    mongo911 said:

Mod edit: zbot 7/9/16 9:00 pm

@mongo911 , as numerous warnings for your behavior on the forum were issued, please wait for the consequences.

Yea " consequences " is understood and spelled correctly...

Humor and mirth seemingly isn't...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

Jenng