Against All Odds...

PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
... Portugal is the new Football/Soccer European Champion! Sure, we did not play the fanciest football, we defended a lot and relied on the individual quality of our forwards frequently. And yes, lady luck was also nice to us at times. But we deserved this tittle before, specially in 2004 and now we are bringing it home! It's just a sport, 22 guys kicking a ball around, but our country sure needs some good news nowadays. So congratulations to us! :-)
[Deleted User]theRealBender[Deleted User]

Comments

• CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    No.
    [Deleted User]
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @CanadianMike No? What do you mean?
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace
    When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
    You're the only one who really knew me at all
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesDangerBJennglmfgunnut
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    Papacas said:

So congratulations to us! :-)

No.

This.
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    Well done to Portugal and to @Papacas

Ronaldo kicked every ball even not on the pitch and rallied from the touchline showing his passion to win and played his part from the dugout. Awesome goal showing a team won and eleven individual players for a whole nation.

Congratulations to Portugal from the UK.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I have always liked Portugal. Players like the Pinto brothers, Rui Costa, Bento, Sousa, Figo, all great. But as long as Ronaldo plays, I rout against them. Still, congrats, and I agree you deserved it in 2004.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    masmith93
    @CanadianMike well whatever then. I don' get the message, if any...

@johnnydives thanks a lot. To win against France in France was special, i must say. We never beat them before in official games and tbh they were better than us. Luck, hard work, focus, whatever it was, it felt great!

@TheLostOnes thanks. I agree it is nit easy to like a character like Ronaldo, regardless of his quality as a player. Of course i do like him but many Portuguese don't even. We played much better in 2004 and other events, but the trophy is what remains for history books!
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,877
    The point was Ronaldo. If he had the chance to play the final game France would be the winner. He is a bad person...to proud too irritable, he would be furious and nervous all the game, shouting to others portugal players and they will probably lose the cup.
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    @capibara well while i understand people do not like Ronaldo as a person, or at least the public person, it is impossible to say Portugal would lose with him. He is one of the best in the world, as a player, and Portugal got to the finals with him, having scored 3 goals and plus 2 assists. I do believe Portugal is stronger with him.

On him as a person, he is a selfish player, vain, always seeking public attention, but he is not only that. He contributes a lot to the community and helps poor children to live and study through his foundation, so that also has to count for something.
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,877
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.