Should I save my gear or scrap it?

There was an Easter event, if I remember correctly, when we've got three times the XP for scrapping gear. I guess after update where you get 1/4 invested XP back from a gear (weapon and armor), we won't ever see that weekend event again (it would be great if mods tell us NG plans).
The other question that bothers me is, will there be an option to harvest "Gear Tokens" (like there are Class tokens now for survivors)? If there's an update coming, then saving all that lvl 12-15 leg gear I don't use (I'm lvl 17 atm) could get me lots of "Gear tokens" (if it would work similar to Class tokens) and I'd want to stick with it.
If there won't be new mechanics, then there's no need to hold 180+ items.
It would be great if we could get the info and prepare (scrap it now or save it), or that's against company policy (I'd like to know that, too)

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @Scorpio_CRO Hardly believe that you'll get a clear answer to your question regarding whether you should scrap your old gear. @OldGoth already confirmed that they are working on a new system for gear and weapons, but we'll not get further resp. clearer information till they are ready/able to provide them.

I don't scrap leg. gear/weapons with good traits at the moment.

If you want to scrap a high number of old items the XP Booster could be a good option for you.

• BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 955
    @Lightfeet is pretty much on point. The only time I scrap gear is when I purchase the x2 XP. This past weekend, I did both xp and gas booster and cleaned up. I also had ~55000 trade goods to turn in. I do not scrap epic or legendary unless it is far below my level. If you can hold out till they offer the combo, it is pretty sweet.

As for your first question, I don't think we will ever see another x3 XP scrap event again. Too much money for NG to pass up with the purchasable booster.
    Governator
  • meanbirdmeanbird Member Posts: 34
    With the 2XP booster I don't really expect to see the 3x event again.

But with the rate that gear drops, I think it's a better value to use the booster once a month vs waiting 3,4,5? months for the next event anyway.

Knowing that there is a new system coming for gear, I am not scrapping any epic or legendary equipment at the moment.
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    Furthermore for the sake of fairness please don't forget that the 3x scrap event wasn't a weekend event. It was clearly announced as SPRING cleaning and thus it isn't 100% fair to lump the spring cleaning and the XP Booster together.

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I scrap the worthless junk using a 2 x XP booster

Common, uncommon and rare gear get tossed in the trash
    I doubt I would ever want to upgrade that stuff

I keep Legendary gear and maybe some Epic gear in hopes that they can be upgraded some day
    I even doubt I would upgrade Epic gear now seeing how bad the current token system is for survivors
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    I only scrap when I have the 2x booster going. Otherwise, it's not worth it. I just save up for a big 'pop' of experience.
  • Knightmare65Knightmare65 Member Posts: 102
    So, you guys store all that gear? So I take it that we can store lots of gear in the storage tents, there is no cap?
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,067
    @Knightmare65 The equipment max is 300 items. That was an upgrade when 1.9 came out.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10844/whats-new-in-1-9

I pretty much scrap all gear except epic and legendary the moment I get them. However, it's good to keep one lower level item for each class so you can swap out between survivors. For example, your A-Team Hunter gets injured, so you swap out his rifle and armor with the next best Hunter to keep your missions rolling along.
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    For now I am saving all legendary gear that I have out-leveled in the hopes that one day I can level it back into relevance.

For all other gear, I scrap frequently.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872

So, you guys store all that gear? So I take it that we can store lots of gear in the storage tents, there is no cap?

You will get auto scrapped at the 300 level back down to 280 items
    They will auto scrap the gear off the bottom of the list first
    I usually get a 2 x XP booster when I approach the limit

And I also use all the XP I have first
    Then wait until the items and srvrs that I upgraded are done upgrading
    It real easy for my to fill the XP pot to the top by scraping gear at 2 x XP values
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,125
    My idea is to keep all gear rare and above. Everything else rubbish.
    gabriel_lwh
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    As we've only seen that event one time, I wouldn't count it as a regular event put in the rotation.
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    We could always wait until next SPRING and hope for the best :smile:
    maggiemoo
  • teamshaneteamshane Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2016
    I've been playing this game for a long time now I've noticed one consistent thing for each update we always lose something.

We wanted to get rid of the zero trade goods in The Outpost and now we're maxed at 550 trade goods
    We wanted PVP and now we battle bots
    We didn't like the legendary weapon we could buy with trade goods so we only have bundles to purchase for cash
    We wanted an update to the radio tower and now we have this token system

I like playing this game but I don't really want any changes 2 gold Rewards because if they take out gear and weapons and then Implement a new gear and weapons token system where are we going to get these extra gear and weapons from. They're going to make us use the 1500 tre good reward instead of the 500 that were already using and getting gear and weapons daily.

I know once they come out with the weapon tokens upgrade there will be a premium on the weapons and gear that we have so I think it makes sense to store as much rare and higher level gear as possible. I can even see them doing a double XP clearance on weapons and gear like before and then come out with the new gear and weapon system
    mongo911