Loot is Still Pathetic From Boxes After Challenge Missions

Knightmare65Knightmare65 Member Posts: 106
Was told in an earlier post I made that the loot in Challenges gets better after the 150 star mark. Well, have surpassed the 150 star mark a few times in a row now, and still the gear in the boxes contain horrible low level common and uncommon. My survivors are at level 13, doing level 13 challenges, and still the gear is poor. No excuses here. My survivors are barely making it, yet the rewards are abysmal. Next patch, please correct this problem.
InvaderFearlessFreepKaiser

Comments

• GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    The rewards have been an issues since launch. They aren't going to fix it, it's just that simple. Sorry.
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    RNG doesn't like me this week, but my guildies are getting good legendary gear. What comes around, goes around.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    Out of curiosity, where were you told that rewards get better after 150 stars? I have not noticed any improvement in rewards throughout the challenge (I get ~300 stars/challenge).

Also, your survivors barely making it might be strategy-based, rather than gear-based. My level 16 survivors can usually handle up to level 19 challenges (and sometimes as high as level 22 on favorable map layouts).
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • Knightmare65Knightmare65 Member Posts: 106
    @Jay-Z, some one the forums told me that the gear usually gets better after 150 stars on the Challenges. Was a bit new to the game and guilds then.
    Pushing 2 to 4 over your level in the challenges, good for you. This week's challenge maps have been a challenge to get good positioning for the kills. Maybe next week I will have better luck.
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    I get almost 400 stars in most challenges and I can say the gear is still mostly garbage. Even from the "gold" crates. Would prefer they just give extra radios or XP instead in those.
    InvaderKnightmare65Japes87
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Aside from the fact there are plenty of other threads talking about chests.

It's all relative. 150 stars for a level 20 player will give "alright" rewards for them. BUt for a level 50 player they are useless.
    @Knightmare65 I do agree that the positioning has been hard in this challenge (especially in the "find the loot" style missions). I've actually started using a more melee-based team (Scout, Warrior, and Hunter) so that fewer zombies spawn later on, which has helped me get farther in this challenge. Hopefully that helps you out!
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Knightmare65
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,562
    There's a simple solution to this problem and its for NG to tie in the rewards (all challenge and exploration maps) to the training grounds of the player like they did with leveling a survivor.

This way, anytime a challenge map is completed people will get rewards they can potentially use right away. But as long as rewards are tied to the recommended survivor level of the map rewards won't be "usable" until your at a RSL at or higher then the level of your highest survivor. This typically means the last portion of the stars you can attain before it gets too hard to continue.

The odds of NG doing this is slim to none.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    InvaderFearlessFreep
  • FearlessFreepFearlessFreep Member Posts: 52
    Loot is pretty pathetic from mission boxes as well. No reason to do what used to be called deadly missions as there is nothing of value to be received. Most of the time the boxes, including gold just have tomatos or experience.. Getting real tired of this not being able to get a decent rifle. I darn sure won't spend real money on imaginary items either.
    GreenBalloon
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    It's all rare or lower in the boxes I open
    Pretty sad
    @DLich I agree with your solution. That would also help reduce the frustrating grind (and waste of gas) from lower level challenge missions... The ONLY thing that I like about having it get tied to RSL is when I complete challenge missions where RSL is 4-5 levels higher than my survivors, I get better rewards/higher level equipment. However, that's still not worth the 15 or so levels of useless equipment/low xp and supplies.

DLich
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    I'm really tired of hearing "it's just luck". No. It's not. It's a deliberate algorithm.
    Invader
  • Knightmare65Knightmare65 Member Posts: 106
    Ok, what does RSL stand for so i can better understand the posts.
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    @Knightmare65 RSL stands for Recommended Survivor Level :smile:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Knightmare65