More Control of Overwatch

PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
Getting seriously ticked off with this, my last two runs of Canibals I've been on for 3* against lvl 19/20 walkers for the AI to cost me 4* as instead of shooting the walker right near me and interrupting them it decides to take a pot shot halfway across the map resulting in one of my team going into struggle.

Possible Soultion we can nominate a preferred target.
banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
[Deleted User]

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,451
    Overwatch is fine as is, it makes sure you don't overextend your survivors. It adds a degree of uncertainty. Just need better preparation, planning, and positioning.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I am actually positively surprised at how good the overwatch aiming works. It appears always to take on those walkers that might reach you. I have not seen a case where the overwatch shoots at a distant walker instead of one getting close.

@Poppy , was the walker already next to you? Overwatch does not attack non-moving walkers.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    @Putchuco, agreed that overwatch works great if you know how to use it. I personally do the overwatch shuffle to get me out of trouble. @Poppy, if walkers are next to your survivors, move them a little to create a gap so they move towards you and overwatch takes care of the rest. It's a valuable skill that can get you out of trouble.
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Guys I know how over watch works, it was Canibals map I got a lucky crate spawn and there was like a single corridor of 1 space wide the walkers funnelling down.

My hunter with 100% interrupt was at the front there was 1 space gap between him and the walker it advanced the one square my hunter in his wisdom did a 90 degree turn and decided to shoot another walker through the crates that was zero threat and allowed the walker right in front of him to strike him and with it been lvl 20 it sent him into struggle.

I agree it works the majority of times but on these two occasion it did something odd and cost me 4* as both maps I cleared without a further hit.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • Smokin_Joe_BlowSmokin_Joe_Blow Member Posts: 97
    It has usually worked well for me, but I did have one instance where I had a similar thing happen, was pretty annoying.
  • warbirdwarbird Member Posts: 132
    assault should target multiple zombies with overwatch IMO, after all assault normal Attack is a spray of bullets.
    I've seen hunter overwatch shoot more then 1.
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    edited December 2015
    @warbird: then interrupt will be overpowered! (Its already)

@topic: overwatch does not work very well if more than one survivor is using it. Multiple time both are shooting on the same one.
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
  • SinniasSinnias Member Posts: 11
    Never had a problem with over watch as long as the walker was a space away my survivors always choose that one. If the walker is standing next to a survivor and doesn't have to move then the survivors skip that target. I think the game feels you didn't take out the closest so you don't care and it registers that. But I'm not sure. In my opinion over watch is fine as is.
  • warbirdwarbird Member Posts: 132
    @shAd , yes you are probably right! I tried using my assault in the challenge missions against lvl 16 boss zombies and was surprised that assault only ever targeted 1 zombie. It sure would be overpowered haha!

Also confirming having 2 survivors with interrupt, on overwatch doesn't help lol
    Terrible stratedgy that led to a struggle lol
    I disagree. Multiple overwatch is great if you have Hunters or Shooters. For most missions where the base spawn is low, overwatch on ranged survivor doesn't attract more walkers. You can take your time and lure out one walker at a time it takes time but it's worked for me. Having 100% interrupt for my ranged survivors help.