Official 2.0 Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• csmith5390csmith5390 Member Posts: 170
    Very true. I'm still going to play, but I won't be buying the 24hour gas like I have been once or twice a week.
    Join TWD - Team Up
    MizTy
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    Lightfeet said:

@shabba Upgrade of XP tents from lvl9 to 10 still costs 4 million XP and time for upgrade hasn't changed as well.

Tents were 4.25 mil, now 4
    Storage was 4 mil, now 3.75
    fistonltd
  • fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    Whats next?
    Damage and health bundles?
    24 hours of original damage back:)
    irishmobAfewliveInvaderPR0DJ
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    Survivors can be upgraded to 10 stars? Didnt see this on the 2.0 changes intiially listed.
    Forced to accept daryl prior to knowing his level was going to be determined by radio tent which had essentially been not worth upgrading since patch where survivors max lvl removed. And why give him a special weapon that cant be upgraded to current weapons tent max value? I can upgrade items from lvl 19 to lvl 22 but his crossbow can only go from lvl 16 to lvl 19?
    We have a new class of survivors introduced, we then spend our radios and try to get some, then after several hours of people doing so, theres suddenly this 8 days of hero's announced. Great! radios all spentand all we get are ads for radio bundles, and you wonder why we cry foul.

What I'm getting at is where is the communication? Finding out via other media that new hero's will be coming?
    What else has changed in 2.0? People complainig of survivors being nerfed, is this just anotber change ng don't want to admit/inform us of yet? Personally i haven't noticed the change yet but I've guild members who have and i believe them. Just waiting to find example where i notice it as well.

Ng needs to take the information given to us more seriously, more lead time between telling us and implementing it.
    And more importantly a massive increase in the amount of detail. Not, we're going to update the game sometime this week (or better yet next week) but the actual time and date and while details may change here is what is proposed.

Stop the teaser [email protected] and take us seriously. It might be alright if you are a mod or content creator who gets told everything prior to everyone else, but after watching that video of michonne today i now know why stupid changes are being made. Never seen such bad tactical moves being made in game from the start, assault runs up to tank and doesnt shoot? Or was it just this non-existant nerfing (shooter used to take out that lvl tank)? Had to stop watching.cant see that person working their way from lvl 13 up to lvl 19 without spending thousands or getting bonuses for being content creator. Who ever thought to promote that vid? If i was to make changes I'd start there.

Wake up before we ship out. No money from me until things change.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    [Deleted User]DangerBsolvent
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Does a hero take up a spot in the roster? does anyone have a full roster and get enough tokens to unlock a new one, can you see how it's added?

I guess this post is directed at anyone whom is close to aquiring enough tokens to unlock a new hero AND currently has the max number of survivors they can hold.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @fistonltd Thanks for your reply. Yeah I see your point of course. I am just too stubborn to stop. I will stop with bigger cash investments, like chunks of gold or radios. Still my weekly boosts will continue, as long as I enjoy the game and while being involved on my guild (fighting for #4 in my country, lol). So while I do understand your arguments, I still enjoy playing, so I will continue to do so, at least for now. :-)
    MizTy
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,746
    @DLich , heroes don't take up slots.
    DLichPain Walker
    edited July 2016
    @zbot thank you... I didn't think they would. Someone on a different thread mentioned it but since it's not able to be "retired" i couldn't see how it could take up one. Thanks for the clarification

update: I could have just looked at my number of survivors and counted not including the hero and seen that. Doh!!

MizTy
  • @CanadianMike agreed. They say they're listening but they don't hear a thing. I'm not even worried about tokens or F2P.
    What gets me is the nerfs, the lack of fixing anything we ask for like autocenter, and the damn low lvl grind for stars.
    I'm leaving my guild because I just can't find any enjoyment playing challenges over and over again for useless stars and useless gear.

And for the last two weeks, radio's have dropped to less than one a day for me.
    fistonltd
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    With the Season 7 trailer dropping today (1pm PT), I was just on The Walking Dead's FB page. You know what I didn't see? Any reference to this app. If someone else can find it, great. I'd love to know if I missed it. But it's not even on their list of apps to link you to the download.
  • sandman7sandman7 Member Posts: 32
    If they are going to make this game completely reliant on radios/tokens, we should be guaranteed at least 1 radio per mission in the reward boxes. This was we at least have the ability to grind side missions to collect radios. There has to be a legitimate, alternate way to gather radios other than paying loads of money. Increase the number of radios in bundles so that people will still pay money to buy them in bulk and not feel completely robbed.
    MizTy
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 107
    My maxed out survivors i.e. lv 19 legendary hunter with lv 22 rifle can't take out a lv 17 tank without more than one shot. Others in my guild are saying their maxed out hunter isn't guaranteed to take out a normal lv 20 walker with one shot. Basically the common issue that really has people losing interest is the fact that so much time, effort and real money has been invested to build a capable team of survivors and NG has not only taken away the effectiveness of our survivors but they basically want more money to get back what was taken. It has gotten to the point where it feels insulting to say the least.......... but we're survivors right?!........ If we are Rick's group than NG is currently Negan and the Saviors. Actually that seems pretty appropriate.
    fistonltd
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited July 2016
    @sandman7

You are guarnateed at least one radio per mission you just have to pay RL money to access them. By next update they will be charging you $9.99 every time you want to open and run the NML. I warned everyone long ago to stop fueling ngo's greed by buying all those packs and no one listened now look at what they have done to the game. Im honestly surprized they are not charging us for each post we make on this forum at this point.
    GreenBalloon[Deleted User]fistonltdInvader
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I mean, guys. Clearly, NG is just Beelzaboot, the Canadian Devil.

southpark.cc.com/clips/32f3l8/built-an-addiction-machine
    MizTy
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 565
    What happened to the rarity indicator? Where is it now?
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    @JBreeze38 I do agree about noticing the dmg nerf. I went on hundredss of missions before update and a few hundreds after update.

I can see the difference and their visual bug excuse is to just keep us blinded from what really happend
    JBreeze38MizTy
    @masmith93 ...NG does not care. Players are legitimately feeling pissed off and ripped off. But we're just mice in a maze to them.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]SgtSalami
    I think I figured out why Daryl's ability isn't working. See the picture shows 14% at epic level (4) so based on how other things look it's an error that will probably get corrected on a future update.

NG posted this regarding how his trait works...

"Daryl Dixon (Hunter)
    - Silent Shot: Ranged attacks have X% chance of not creating threat"

Since "X" isn't a number it isn't part of the RNG (1-100) and therefore why it never goes off. It's like describing what the color purple smells like or describing what air tastes like. When something is impossible to calculate (like the square root of negative 25) it's called an imaginary number.

In the range of 1-100, X is imaginary.

But in all honesty has anyone had Daryl's leader trait work? Even once?

OneLessTitanant
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    @NG @Shadowkeeper Need to consider an across the board compensation. 1.10 and 2.0 were executed far from perfectly and there were mistakes made that are significant to many players. And not some little "token" ;) amount - it needs to be on par with the problems you have introduced.
    Back from 2016 :p
    MizTy
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 230
    We simply need more radios, just buying them is not enough!
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I don'tknow why everyone isggiving ng a hard time aabout making money. It's what they are there to do.
    Othergames i have played have also nerfed things. But theydid it by releasing new things all the time.
    So you could get the best item tostay on top, but the next month there would be a newer better item to have to buy to be on top.
    blynknz said:

I don'tknow why everyone isggiving ng a hard time aabout making money. It's what they are there to do.

Othergames i have played have also nerfed things. But theydid it by releasing new things all the time.

So you could get the best item tostay on top, but the next month there would be a newer better item to have to buy to be on top.

Because the WAY they're doing it is highly unethical.
    Invader
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    The real Bender is spot on. This is something they could get sued over. Your can't sell something to someone and then take it back...
    AfewliveMizTy