Official 2.0 Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    eetu said:

I don't get it. When new things are added to the game, people complain about getting ripped off. These changes are in addition to what we had before. All the way from Outposts/tradegoods, survivor upgrades to now Heroes - none of these changes have taken anything meaningful away from us, they just add new options. After each of the changes you're still free to play as if the changes did not happen. Do not build an outpost. Do not upgrade your survivors. Do not collect Heroes. Be happy.

While i do appreciate all you havevsaid in these forums and your role in the community, i simply cannot fully agree with what you said. I mean, it is true, all of it, but there is much mire to be said about it.

The game moved from 1.10 to 2.0, right. It could very easily be faced as a major release. It did bring nice thinds, but the main concerns most players have been pointing out are left out. Feels to me like a radio sale once again.

To make it short, seems like a good update to me, but a somewhat mediocre major release. Just my view, of course...
    KaiserHaiyan
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @DarkFae @theRealBender

This is pure speculation here, but here's my interpretation of how Vigilant Trait works. Normally, an Overwatch attack does 50% of the base damage. Increasing the efficiency by 15% would mean that Overwatch attacks now do 65% of base damage.
    Afewlive
  • fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    @Shut_Up
    There was a very positive bug regarding the 31k rewards u get by playing a ep14 mission.
    U received 31k by just loosing the mission with your lowest class survivors.
    So i bought a gasbooster and a double xp booster to level up my gear.
    So i was earning around 64k/minute.
    The bug is gone, so i van speek free now.
    Now instead of 31k u get 20 darryl tokens for completing a story mission.
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    @Nekobasu @Shut_Up not for me. Still the same thing. And my pistol is now showing 30% Silenced when it came with 60% Sileneced. On top of that, I shot it 10 times to test it out and went 0/10. Not one single shot was silenced
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    DarkFae said:

@eetu

eetu said:

I don't get it. When new things are added to the game, people complain about getting ripped off. These changes are in addition to what we had before. All the way from Outposts/tradegoods, survivor upgrades to now Heroes - none of these changes have taken anything meaningful away from us, they just add new options. After each of the changes you're still free to play as if the changes did not happen. Do not build an outpost. Do not upgrade your survivors. Do not collect Heroes. Be happy.

It's close to impossible to figure out what you want to do next or even try to develop game strategy or even begin to pin point what you should focus on next if the GUI is giving you conflicting or incomplete data. How much fun do you think it is to invest time and (in some cases) money into traits (both on weapons and survivors) that you don't know anything about? How do you keep moving your game forward? How do you know which survivor/weapon to dismiss? Which to keep? Even the math surrounding the traits is faulty and subject to change. Since this is a building game what I don't understand is how you can't see how all that would frustrate some players, especially the competitive player.
    I wanted to try Scout with Swift Strike + Luck, and support says it stacks, logic + mechanics of this game says it should stacks, but statistic says IT IS NOT.
    [Deleted User]ggbats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited July 2016
    @OneLessTitan

I hope your hypothetical answer is close to being accurate but it would render that trait useless without retaliate and make it more like gaining a half trait and not a whole new one since it is so dependent on the retaliate trait. Much like the symbiotic relationship between bullet dodge and dodge.

@eetu -- Glad to see you are still around!!! My only comment on your "everything new is in addition to and can still play the game the same..." comment is this: the new Traits have actually made getting great Weapons HARDER. With more weapon traits, finding the traits you want on a weapon is even more impossible, especially when the new Traits aren't desirable. In a vacuum, more traits are great. In reality, they just decrease the odds of getting the ones you actually want, especially when a Survivor Trait like Defensive Stance is horrible IMO, and weapon Traits like Silenced aren't that appealing to me. Overall I agree with your statement, but it's not exactly black and white.

Totally agree.
    @NG
    Get rid of lame traits.
    And make 4 trait slots on gear instead of 3.
    And make scrapping gear for parts already!
    PapacasCrazyDFester17
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    fistonltd said:

@Shut_Up

There was a very positive bug regarding the 31k rewards u get by playing a ep14 mission.

So you are complaining that they have removed an exploit?
    blynknz said:

fistonltd said:

@Shut_Up

So you are complaining that they have removed an exploit?
    How is sharing an ex-exploit can be interpreted as complaining?
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    fistonltd said:

@Shut_Up

Wait . . . what? Suppose I decide to take @eetu 's advice and not collect heroes but be happy. Too bad for me if I don't want tokens, I get them anyway instead of something I can use? Is that how it works?
    PR0DJjesterMissSFX
    edited July 2016
    Amiga said:

There is always backup plan for those who are not happy with update - go out and catch some pockemons!! :))

@Amiga

I'm too busy exploring space for that :D
    InvaderAnnette578MissSFX
    So who drew Rick with a mullet? That has made the loading screen offputting. It's like its a cross between Rick & Eugene
    [Deleted User]theRealBender
    PR0DJ said:

How is sharing an ex-exploit can be interpreted as complaining?

It related to his previous post, where he was complaining.
    fistonltd said:

null

Its an additional useless trait, that u already got standard;) this is the new trend. Every update they test how far they can go, and how much we are willing to spend.

This is the second update where damage has been decreased,

So I gues in update 3.0 we can all just start over from scratch!

And what about the 31k missions?

That was the only positive about the previous update!

• fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    I see damage going down, but the price of gearupgrades doesnt come down..
    Take my epic lvl18 hunter with leg lvl21 rifle in 1.09 good for 1800 damage.
    After lvling this bloke up to lvl19 legend. With same rifle i only got 1600 of my damage left.
    And with only an epic lvl19 gun without calibur trait, and not willing to spend 15 bucks on a virtual gun,
    I am not wasting xp anymore on a constanly being damage-decreased class!
    Introduce a weapon shop for starters.
    Or at least give us the option of choosing from 3 weapons when we spend 7,5k of tg on it!
    Instead of creating dozens of traits nobody needs..
    InvaderLambari
    edited July 2016
    @blynknz
    blynknz said:

So who drew Rick with a mullet? That has made the loading screen offputting. It's like its a cross between Rick & Eugene

I agree! Hardly looks like Rick at all. I thought some guy from ngo just decided to draw himself playing at being Rick into the cast LMAO!

MrSorrowHaiyan
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Dale said:

So, instead of having 6 different kinds of tokens, there are now 14 different kinds. And it takes hundreds of one kind of token to do anything useful. And there is really no way to accumulate hundreds of tokens without spending hundreds of real life dollars/pounds/euros/yen/whatever.

Did I get that right?

Nearly right...just saw you can replay missions...if you´re able to :wink:

Found 20 Daryl tokens on 9.2, but as I have to replay in nightmare mode, I don´t know to make it...
  • PlayOrangUtanPlayOrangUtan Member Posts: 37
    Instead of fixing their cash cow (Lost Bunker) they're changing other maps in the middle of the challenge. Hilarious! :D
    [Deleted User]Danofthedead
    PR0DJ said:

Dale said:

So, instead of having 6 different kinds of tokens, there are now 14 different kinds. And it takes hundreds of one kind of token to do anything useful. And there is really no way to accumulate hundreds of tokens without spending hundreds of real life dollars/pounds/euros/yen/whatever.

Did I get that right?

Kind of.

I would suggest to NG to increase chance of radio drops or amount in them, but we need to start a riot to make it happen.
    Dag-Gone-it! I can't lol and agree to that post at the same time :p
    PR0DJ

Instead of fixing their cash cow (Lost Bunker) they're changing other maps in the middle of the challenge. Hilarious! :D

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/106019/#Comment_106019 =)
    ggbats
    Whoa! Someone else noticed!
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Invader said:

Nearly right...just saw you can replay missions...if you´re able to :wink:

? ? Once you play it in nightmare mode, that's it; no more replays. That didn't change.

DanofthedeadBlack_Jack
    JVC_TWD said:

Daryl unlocks Defensive Stance as the 5th trait. These hero traits are f'n ass

Everybody check it out.
    Danofthedead
    PR0DJ said:

...but we need to start a riot to make it happen.

Let´s do it :smiley:

Mentioned something like this some weeks ago and was called something like a notorious whiner...
    [Deleted User]LightfeetLambari
    Dale said:

? ? Once you play it in nightmare mode, that's it; no more replays. That didn't change.

Yes...but my survivors are level 17...so I still have some missions to replay...if not today then at last in a few weeks :wink: