Official 2.0 Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 109
    Why is there not a hero class for bruiser. It seems Morgan and his huge staff would have made for a good addition
    HercamurnkyBadLuckChuckMissSFX
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Poppy said:

My thoughts on 2.0

Wow...very straight forward! Wouldn´t had expected that :wink:
    ggbats
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 109
    null
    Yeah why is that necessary? The attack and defense was just modified. Why again. My lv 22 pistol that I spent so much time to upgrade is now bac
  • DrBOBDrBOB Member Posts: 223
    fistonltd said:

@AlexC

They getting more inventive explaining the constant damage decrease;)

Get ready here it comes:

"The damage was calculated incorrectly in the surivor info screen and showed the wrong value in the previous version of the game. The combat damage has not been modified. So, this was only a visual bug that has been fixed"

So no need to inform us about that..

Think the whole game is becoming a "visual bug"

Maybe it's The Matrix
    DTP Elder
    Send me a PM if interested
    Danofthedead
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    So no one has mentioned the elephant in the room (sorry, RNC..). Which character (not Carl) isn't included as a 'hero' and does that mean we now know their fate via Negan...?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    MissSFX
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @masmith93

There is quite a bit of the main cast not listed there. Morgan, Eugene, Sasha, Rosita and Aaron were not listed so last season's ending is still a cliff hanger.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    as @nadecir just linked, NG is planning to introduce a new Hero every month with most the main cast in the game by Season 7
    DoTak
    edited July 2016
    @DarkFae Morgan and Carol weren't with the main group. Aaron and Rosita don't have a designated weapon. Eugene barely fights.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    @Poppy Great review, very well said!!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    Conan1976DLichantggbats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited July 2016
    ***Spoiler Alert***

@masmith93

True Morgan was mentioned cause he is part of the main cast. Aaron should be a shooter cause he uses a gun and Rosita has been featured with an Assault riffle several times and gave lesson on how to use a machete and has been seen with a gun like the one she pointed at Abraham, so yeah they do have weapons :)

And Eugene attended that machete lesson and had a machete when he finally remembered he had balls and tried to kill that walker with Abraham during their trip to the abandoned factory. Or they could make Eugene a biter lols....
    MissSFX
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @poppy you hit the nail on the head
    ggbatsAnnette578
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Poppy

Thanks, I think you were spot-on.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Annette578
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @Poppy very honest opinion on the changes. Thanks for sharing

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Annette578
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416

I think I'm done with the game. NG just keeps on pulling all the fun out of the game. They have not fixed a single bug that was out there and what the community really needed to be fixed. Making the game more complicated than needed and hugely increasing the need for radios which we can now generously buy for a wicked price.

This game was Free to play and pay if you like. Now it is free to play and pay to enjoy. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need that.

I hope you do not quit, man. Who else is gonna hand me enigmatic comments on soccer? :-)
    JBreeze38CanadianMike
    @Shadowkeeper @OldGoth said there would be other ways to earn tokens, still no info on that?
    Danofthedeadlmfgunnut
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    masmith93 said:

@Shadowkeeper @OldGoth said there would be other ways to earn tokens, still no info on that?

It's right here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/104485/#Comment_104485
    masmith93PR0DJ
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    Very honest review. I left my gild over this update. Only going to casual play now.
    Annette578fistonltd
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    masmith93 said:

There was already a bundle to buy with some tokens...surprised?
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I don't think the update was bad quite honestly , most of the stuff people are pissed at are to do with new stuff that we didn't have yesterday (although Darryl should not have defensive stance as his 5th trait , boggles my mind it wasn't luck) but most are pissed at stuff that could have been cleared up with proper update notes. Sounds like most of the crew are on summer vacation , but both of the last 2 updates have came with unexplained changes and still some from the previous update haven't been explained. Learn from the past please NG , this game doesn't come with an instruction manual . . I'm still seeing dozens of posts from people complaining about damage nerfs when nothing was nerfed and I had to do damage control for my guild again when people freaked out about their survivor damage being nerfed..

One hope I have is that the jackpot radio pulls people are getting to unlock hero's in one shot , will continue to be possible after the hero is unlocked .. that would make upgrading them to max much more possible
    InvaderDanofthedead
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @JBreeze38 I feel you on your first point absolutely , but the visual bug thing is correct. Before the update before last that added the player token system , survivors added damage from the marksman and lethal traits weren't calculated into the overall damage , they just put it back to the way it was , you're still getting the damage bonuses , they just don't reflect in the totals. They definitely should have been more forthcoming about this though , I know for a fact they have lost at least a couple of players over just this and a couple is too many over a misunderstanding ....

Update notes
    Update notes
    Update notes
    JBreeze38MizTyggbats
  • fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    @Poppy
    I would love to see you make a movie of the dodgefest in the outposts!
    So poeple can see how every attack gets dodged all the time!
    I'm not able to make screenmovies on my iphone, otherwise i would have done it already myself..

Cause that is a big turn down for me personally, don't know your feelings about that, but maybe we feel the same way too..
    MissSFX
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    Is this just a display thing (i.e. Skull trait no longer factored in or are survivors really doing less dmg now?

My assault used to be over 1300, now more than a hundred lower.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited July 2016
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,111
    edited July 2016
    Merged.

Good to have you back @rgerkman !
    rgerkman
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    @Poppy

Excellent video critique of where the game now stands. Really well done.
    [Deleted User]