Why is Daryl's crossbow different from video?

CarloStatenCarloStaten Member Posts: 26
My crossbow socks and the one in the video is awesome. Very disappointed. (added 3rd pic from Google play) crappy traits still but at least legendary.

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I did a farming mission with Daryl. The crossbow sounds like a rifle when it fires. Shouldn't it be near silent?
    Sabrina
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    it looks like the vid cross bow is a rare one & urs is an epic @CarloStaten
  • CarloStatenCarloStaten Member Posts: 26
    It's gold (legendary) it has silver interrupter, gold wide shot (forgot name) and gold luck.
    Sabrina
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I've got 12 rifles far better than this POS crossbow. Knowing NG, I'm sure we will see a Daryl Bundle with a legendary crossbow for only $19.99 any day now....
    EL34xyz[Deleted User]
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    First thing I did was give my free Daryl a real rifle from my gun cabinet
    The Cross bow is in the garage waiting to be scrapped
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    @OldGoth
    This is a show icon's weapon. It should have been a unique weapon like Morgan's staff is unique. I don't mean unique in name and art. The prices for equipment are too high to be paying for just art.

All they had to do was make this weapon inherently silent. Then chosen 3 other good traits for it.

And what about making the show icons themselves special? We unlock these Heroes and then they are useless until they are promoted to Rare at least. This isn't special at all. And Hero Leader traits - great ideas but not so great that they replace a good trait like Lucky, which in the scheme of having only 3 survivors per mission makes these Heroes a non-factor in high level missions where I should be NEEDING to take a Hero! I mean they're heroes aren't they??
    Back from 2016 :p
    EL34xyzSabrina[Deleted User]
    Yeah I have quite a few good legendary rifles and better legendary hunters as well. It just sucks that the most wanted weapon turned out to be a piece of crap and not legendary like other heroes signature weapons. And i agree that silence should be a bonus ability and not a trait.
    Sabrina
    edited July 2016
    I'm only holding on to it just in case they modify it to be better with all the complaints or scrap it for "tokens" if they do the gear like the survivors in the future.
    Sabrina
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 718
    Just changed my google review to 1 star and noticed that Daryl's crossbow is pictured as legendary? Mine was epic, did anyone get a legendary crossbow? Or is this just false advertising?
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Mine was common when I first got it.
    Seriously considering scrapping that - too low a level - and seeing if I can retire Darryl. I'm really not bothered with these incredibly expensive'heroes'.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Added pic from Google play, thanks DIblis for mentioning another false advertising of Daryl's Crossbow.