☆DangerousCurves☆ Is Closing

Comments

• BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @DarkFae

Best wish for your new endeavor. Hopefully, you can stick around much longer so I can rely on your expert knowledge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @Boruto

Thank You, but there are much smarter players here than I :)
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Au Revoir
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    @DarkFae Thanks for letting me in guild (I think I was #3 or 4). You breaking the guild gave me the push i needed to quit the game. The game has gotten boring and frustrating with all the bugs. I cannot keep up challenges and farm stuff to upgrade. I just finished council upgrade; and now see I need 3.5 million tomatoes each to upgrade training & equipment...forget it!!!

Also, the in-game social communication is horrible. Line chat should NOT be necessary for a game like this.

Thanks to everyone for the good time, otherwise.
    I like Zombies!
    [Deleted User]
    @bumshoe

good bye
    edited May 2016
    @PapaSmurf

Thank You for being my guild-mate and my friend. I'm sorry your NML journey has ended in this way but since I share very much in your frustrations regarding the game, I could not keep being a cheerleader for next games and working so tirelessly to convince others to do things I am/was becoming less inclined to do myself.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    How did this get switched over to general discussion? Always saw it in the guild discussion for recruits. Sort of felt like I was checking wrong section all of a sudden. Then double checked. :) Sorry to see @DarkFae bumming like this. Not sure who else was in guild (I am bad on details like that. :) ) But just a game. Try to enjoy the good stuff and not blow it up (if you want to reconsider, but I get it. Weeks of playing to upgrade a weapon one level, for instance, does get tiresome. And without leveling things up a bit, then it really is a hamster wheel. I started a second game just for fun. Around level 24 there. It is fun because you do not feel like you are ...ummmm. spitting into the wind in some respects. )
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    @DarkFae, Vampire Diaries is a show my wife and I enjoy watching together. Damn those "kids" can drink!!!

Surprisingly, she's not really a fan of The Originals. True Blood was also big in my house

I'm into zombies, she's into vamps and hybrids. Makes for interesting date nights ;)
    @Perdtin

I moved the thread because it's no longer a recruitment thread. I'm glad you are still finding enjoyment for NML and you are right it is just a game. Unfortunately building games where so many game bugs (that can and often do wipe out progress made) and insurmountable glass ceilings start to lose their luster for me.
    Perdtin[Deleted User]
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    +1 @PapaSmurf I soiled my couch when I saw the upgrade costs for everything after I upgraded my council.
    edited May 2016
    @Vintage_Bull

LoL and more lols! I <3 The Originals and Supernatural too! I tried reading the True Blood series but couldn't get into it. I'm more of a Vamp Girl myself with Were-Creatures coming in 2nd and adult oriented Fae-based stories/tv/movies being my ultimate favorite!

The game economy as a whole can use a serious over haul IMO, but then again I have stated this sentiment before and by game economy I was referring to building cost among other things.
    Dutchbrother
    DarkFae said:

@Perdtin

I moved the thread because it's no longer a recruitment thread. I'm glad you are still finding enjoyment for NML and you are right it is just a game. Unfortunately building games where so many game bugs (that can and often do wipe out progress made) and insurmountable glass ceilings start to lose their luster for me.

Dropping back to a new game to play at the same time really helped me with the burn out and bugs. Not sure how that long will last, but it has helped the last couple of weeks.
    zbot
    @Perdtin

I'm unemployed and have invested money into the game I currently have; as I have no more money to invest I will definitely not be giving next games more money by trying to build another account to level 49. I'm happy that things are working out well for you though.
    DutchbrotherPerdtin[Deleted User]
  • @DarkFae .... Just noticed your post now. Sorry to see you leave. Hopefully after you've had a little break, you will want to come back.

It was fun seeing your comments with @tammy ... :smile:

Tammy
    [Deleted User]gabriel_lwh
  • DutchbrotherDutchbrother Member Posts: 43
    The elders, myself included, concurred that it was time for a break from this game. @DarkFae is a great leader and I thank her for taking me into a great guild. Personally, I believe that Nextgames is giving us all that they can right now. They probably can't release new content because it is limited by the tv series and higher-ups who are looking at the net income instead of the community. Minimal weekly announcements coupled with the ridiculous grind to get new gear/survivors only to have them "capped" so they will be obsolete in a month (Example: My once "godly" 14/14 legendary is now gimped) is a business model focused only on draining your pocketbook. How can you have a character building system when you know that character will always have to be replaced by a roll you HOPE happens at the dismal radio station? It becomes a carnival game at best.

Dangerous Curves kept me in the game about two months longer than I probably would've been. It was a great time @DarkFae, but it is time to move out like Carol.

[Deleted User]ggbats[Deleted User]SgtSalami
    @WeekOne

Thank You! @tammy is a lot of fun. I hope she does not ever change.

@Dutchbrother

I couldn't have said it better myself and did not even think to view this from the perspective of a business model so thank you for that as well. I will dearly miss you friend :)
    ggbats
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    Wow! @Dutchbrother very well said. Your words rang true with me!
    [Deleted User]
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Please don't leave us @DarkFae !!! You've been the best partner in "crime" I've ever had!!!

Am gonna miss you :(

But maybe you could join our guild family...or even my lil baby alt guild....

Omg I'm so sad now

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 250
    Fae,
    I said it within the game chat and Line, but know that you were a great leader of a great guild. My DC brothers and sisters, I love you all and will miss you.
    Proud Elder with Badger Hounds
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    At some time, we will all reach the end here. Glad to have played and conversed with all who have reached this point now.

@DarkFae

You always have a spot with the degenerates should you choose to continue.
    DarkFae said:

@Perdtin

I'm unemployed and have invested money into the game I currently have; as I have no more money to invest I will definitely not be giving next games more money by trying to build another account to level 49. I'm happy that things are working out well for you though.

Yup, I am done paying in on main game, secondary purely for fun and no money going it. It may change at some point down the line, but based on what has gone on since November, I do not hold out much hope. But for B.S.ing with my guild and trying to rekindle some fun with low level 24 game, I am not too far from your point. (About to be Level 52 when last upgrade completed.)
    @Perdtin

Sounds like you were becoming a victim of your own success also :)
    Perdtin
    @jester @tammy

Thanks for the invites! The two of you are awesome :)
    [Deleted User]
    @huskersoxfan

thank you and I hope you enjoy your new guild :)
    DarkFae said:

@Perdtin

Sounds like you were becoming a victim of your own success also :)

It would not take much to keep us happy :)
    @Perdtin

I would agree but it's not my game.
    Perdtin
    DarkFae said:

@Perdtin

I would agree but it's not my game.

@DarkFae The eternal optimist in me (i.e., naive moron) keeps on hoping...
    [Deleted User]
  • I feel like an era is ending. I admired Dark Fae's posts for quite awhile before I approached her to join Dangerous Curves. I thought it was a bunch of kick ass women, but it didn't matter in the end. I learned more about this game in a week in DC than in months on my own. Such is the power of a good guild. Thanks to DF, Mike, Dutch Brother, Necroboogie, Mace, ant, and others for the good ride.
    Dutchbrother
    @JudithG

You are a strong, brave, intelligent and thoughtful person, who also has a great sense of humor. We were lucky to have you with us and I'm saddened by the fact that it was for not longer myself.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    We are always looking for awesome peeps to join us if any of you still want to be competitive ...there is also my baby guild if you want something more relaxed :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    [Deleted User]