Daryl's leader trait broken

BismarckBismarck Member Posts: 45
Can anyone confirm that Daryl's leader trait is broken? Are other leader traits broken? If so, are there any plans to resolve the issue? Perhaps if I pay money or collect a million more tokens?
Empty Memorial Club Survivalist
Member of Mad Canada
#1 on Panamanian challenge leaderboard

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    There are a few groups of people on here that play differently.

1) some have retired and no longer play at all
    2) some don't use Daryl at all (because they have better, stronger survivors to use)
    3) some have used Daryl somewhat (low level challenges)
    4) some play with Daryl often in hopes to take advantage of his hero ability.

In all 4 of these examples I have yet to see anyone say "Daryl's trait worked"

So either there's a "visual glitch" in which it's working but we aren't seeing it; or it's broken. I think it's broken and @Teeceezy advised he was going to look into it tomorrow.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    StaceyElizabeth
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I too have used Darryl & have yet to see his Leader Trait work
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    ggbats
    & never less walkers than I expected

Rhonda
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @dlich last I checked he didn't have a retire button or have be retired
  • BismarckBismarck Member Posts: 45
    I think DLich meant retired from playing the game.

I have a Hunter with much better traits than Daryl. The only reason I would ever use him is for the leader trait. If that's broken, I see no point in using him at all.
    Member of Mad Canada
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Yeah I meant it like there are people who don't use him cause they either

Don't play anymore
    Don't bother with him

Or use him sometimes (with easy opponents)

Or use him often (to test the traits)

I use him in challenges cause it's cool to play with him in the game, but outside if that I don't waste time.

Once I get 170 stars I don't see him remaining in my main team.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Ive never seen it work either ive run nearly 50 missions, even at 14% chance to fire i should have seen it a load if times uness ive beaten odds if a gazillion.
    ggbats
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited July 2016
    I use Daryl in just about everything because I never did pull a great hunter and he was the best I had pulled so far
    I can't say I have seen Daryl's leader trait at work so far?
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Its even worse that this is the hero that they gave everyone, and it doesnt work.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I shot 50 times micro-farming at the end of a level. Never once did I not "create a threat." Even at 14% I should have hit a few times.
    MizTy
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    I have Daryl now as a " 4 star / Epic " Level 19...
    ( I got him as a Level 17 whatever star... )
    When I got him, I used the tokens, to increase him, rather than my other Legendary & Epic hunters...

Well...

He's better than was my 4th Epic hunter... ( got rid of her, to also help Level up Daryl )

Taking him on missions , is no great excitement... In fact " he " is just like any other "upper level so so hunter" , which is a miss for NextGames...

Sorry Norman... It's not your fault... ( but ya still get to use my second best gun, on missions... )

The crossbow is pathetic...

In the show Daryl / Norman, could reload fast and get multiple walkers...

Ya blew it NextGames...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

exit_77
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    I guess because of my overall game level, I received Daryl at level 16 "uncommon" but with about 640 tokens. I was able to upgrade traits, train and promote him to level 19 "epic" almost immediately. (This isn't a "look what I got" moment, just some data for considering the thread's question.) That rendered the level 16 crossbow completely useless so I now use a level 19 rifle. Perhaps because I'm not using a silent weapon, or perhaps because he still only has a 14% chance of being unheard, I have never seen the silent shot leader trait executed. I have been actively participating in the rebellion against NG's deceit, greed and insult to the playing community (their FB job ad); watching no ads, wallet closed, issued a ticket/complaint with them, downgraded Game Canter rating to 1 star, wrote an email to AMC customer service and posted that letter to NG's FB page, but despite that I do still love the game, even though I've had enough of the same tired old supply mission scenes. All this having been said, after nearly 100 missions since Friday, and 2 nightmare missions today, Daryl is just as loud as every other ranged weapon survivor, every time, without exception. If the weapon doesn't matter then out of the 100 missions I should have seen 14 of them display this trait. Nada. If the weapon matters, they didn't state so. If it doesn't, they are lying once again.
    MizTy
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    I also think Daryl's leader trait is broken. Admittedly, I wasn't sure what to think earlier as I assumed maybe others simply had trait at lvl-1 (low % chance) and were hasty to complain, but then I tried it out. I have Daryl's leader-trait upgraded to "5" (18% chance). I even used his crossbow (30%), and I also rotated in another weapon with Luck stacking. Every damn shot "attracted walkers." Every shot. I haven't bothered to extensively try it, but I figured with trait at 5 stacked with more, at least one time it would've worked. But then again, I admit I don't even really understand nor care about this trait, so maybe I'm off-base about its mechanics. Attracted walkers....attracted walkers....attracted walkers, Forever
    Lambari
  • BismarckBismarck Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2016
    So is it a bug to be resolved, or a "feature" in the way that only getting 2 tokens for 15 radios is a feature? Or perhaps a "visual error" in the way that nerfed survivors are a visual error?
    Member of Mad Canada
    Vudnik
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    My nerfed silenced pistol is activating , have yet to see Daryl activate silence even once.
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    @Bismarck I absolutely don't know but based on the performance of their random generator heuristics to date, they are keeping everything geared to lowest level delivery. Everything, from their crate and radio drops to their ridiculous survivor (and now hero) lotteries, is geared to leave you with next to nothing and wanting more. And how do you get it? $$$$$$!
    Everything with NML is a visual error for me now. I see what they are doing and I can't believe it!
    I knowt there are a couple of threads about this, and its probably mentioned inside other threads too, but has any Mods replied about this issue?
    I haven't seen it anywhere personally @blynknz but @DLich did tag @Teeceezy up top.. Hopefully they will see it in morning..

& just incase.. @Shadowkeeper

Rhonda

Rhonda
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @rgerkman
    rgerkman said:

That's because you were not ever meant to see his trait working you were suppose to not be able to hear it when it activates :D No seriously I hate to defend ngo but I have taken Daryl on many explore runs and have noticed that sometimes their are less spawn regenerating than I expected there to be. The rollable silent trait is next to useless because if you take him on a mission because you want less spawn to regenerate you are taking a risk on it not ever activating and helping you which renders Daryl, his hero trait and yes even his defensive stance useless.
    rgerkman
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2016
    ---deleted --- as rgerkman posted the same link already
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    Ipshairgerkman
  • ShadowkeeperShadowkeeper Member Posts: 77
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports! We're looking into this.
    rgerkman
    I <3 you @DarkFae :joy:
    Your comments are always so witty with a touch of sarcasm & sting lol a True NYer :wink:

(I want to say Bronx or Brooklyn lmao)

Rhonda
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited July 2016
    @rgerkman

Aww Thanks! Actually I'm an upstater. Closer to the Pennsylvania boarder than NYC, but NYC rocks I have been there several times and had fun every time :)
    You have NYC in your Soul then lol
    I too am an Upstater.. Closer to Albany though

Sorry for the interruption all :wink: lol

Rhonda
  • LorindLorind Member Posts: 52
    Sadly I can report that the leader trait on my Daryl has never worked. I have no clue if this is an issue with other heroes as well because I refuse to pay the insane prices just for phones so it will be a long time until I get another

Are you ready to meet

Then check out our Guild Thread

Lambari
    DarkFae said:

@rgerkman

rgerkman said:

That's because you were not ever meant to see his trait working you were suppose to not be able to hear it when it activates :D No seriously I hate to defend ngo but I have taken Daryl on many explore runs and have noticed that sometimes their are less spawn regenerating than I expected there to be. The rollable silent trait is next to useless because if you take him on a mission because you want less spawn to regenerate you are taking a risk on it not ever activating and helping you which renders Daryl, his hero trait and yes even his defensive stance useless.
    Yes, it's possible that it is working in the background. But it still shows as "attacted walkers" and another walker gets added to the list.
    So maybe it is just another visual bug
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    While using Daryl and his leader trait, I just had 4/13(30,7%) silenced result. But, I had Daryl and one hunter equipped with rifles that have 20% silenced trait(no idea about luck is/is not involved). With leader trait it goes to 34%. So for me it is working, but maybe having such trait on weapon is crucial for that. And I know that 13 shots are not really representative sample.