No radios in 48 hours! Wtf is going on

13»

Comments

• BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 993
    @Junkmaster

@Papacas

The radio drop rates haven’t been changed, but I hear your plight for more radios! We’re collecting feedback to discuss, so thanks again for all your thoughts.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13357/finnish-monday-finished/p3
    I knew I saw something like that stated. In the end it doesn't matter. NG could have made everyone's weekend by increasing the chance to gain radios at the wall.
    Invader
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,724
    DIblis said:

@Governator , I know thats the case with end of mission crates, but for trade good traded crates i would hope it's randomly selected each time. Otherwise their fixing the outcomes well in advance, if true it also doesn't bode well for radio calls as it would probably be the same. It would also mean they can experiment upon each of us in individual manner which is even scarier. Are those getting nothing be prompted to spend?

Oops... I misread your post. Yeah, I'm guessing it's fixed with the TG crates too. Once the system determines your reward, that's what you get. It might be a exploit patch when they went to that method. In the early days of the game, people would purposefully disconnect via airplane mode when calling out for survivors. They would connect/reconnect until they got one they liked. I assume this is in place to prevent people from doing the same thing with TG crates.
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,033
    It's normally 2-3% of gate walkers who have radios. Now that 6-12% (or whatever, just making this range up) of them have gas, the 2-3% ratio is naturally watered down, as is the gold, xp and food chances.

Lot's of people having perceptions but if someone would bother to do some data collection on the herd, it would be interesting.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SlickRick
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    TheMurphy said:

Every full herd give almost 1 radio and 2 gas. If usually you get 3 radios per day, with this event you get 3x3 day from wall.
    Yesterday I collected 28 radios trough challenges and wall, plus 20 Darryl tokens for each story missions completed on nightmare mode.

That might be the case for you. Personally I got 5 phones from the wall walkers for the whole event so far. And I'm checking in often.

I do however get some gas, at least 2 per full herd, sometimes up to 5. But I must admit I don't care about gas, I want phones. Especially since I botched by retiring and old and rejecting a new assault and need to get another ASAP.

Since I don't see many phones from crates either gas doesn't help with that...

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Invader
  • la_ll64la_ll64 Member Posts: 61
    From The weekend event started i got 72 phones (untill now)
    They are from The Wall, missions, crates,3000Tg/5phones
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 407
    I think I'm getting 2-3 phones per hour in average from wall...
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

It's normally 2-3% of gate walkers who have radios. Now that 6-12% (or whatever, just making this range up) of them have gas, the 2-3% ratio is naturally watered down, as is the gold, xp and food chances.

The problem is, that the community didn´t asked for gas...they asked for more radios, because they would like to benefit from the token system :D
  • KARAZIPKALIKARAZIPKALI Member Posts: 97
    First image happenned on the 25th of July first time ever. !!!
    Second image happenned on the 5th of August
    How should NG give 4 phones in golden crate ?
    I believe I have a nasty bug !!!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing the walking dead no man's land." (qtn. from George B. Shaw)
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Just from the herd (I'm taking the weekend off from doing any missions), so far I've had 6 phones and 32 gas cans.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @KARAZIPKALI I'm not sure what you're asking but I think you're asking about how many phone in a gold crate? Gold crates with phones in them have 4 and the silver crates with phones in them only have 2.
    KARAZIPKALI
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    I will say this event has been good to me. While I was to busy to play any missions this weekend as I was way to busy 'upgrading' the jeep, I have been able to check camp frequently. RNG's will drive you insane! It's like sitting at a slot machine for hours and not hitting once, you get up,then a sweet little old lady sits down and hits the jackpot.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    edited August 2016
    I had one phone since I last wrote - but lots and lots of gas. Last full wave even gave me 9 gas. (How I would have loved to get 9 phones instead. :p )

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Hyuga_KojiroHyuga_Kojiro Member Posts: 15
    Me no phone for even 4 pack full of walker ... Hell yeah
    TheLostOnes
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 993
    ~ 30 radios for the weekend 'event'. Although I wasn't the most diligent, kinda weak.
  • KARAZIPKALIKARAZIPKALI Member Posts: 97
    @Shut_Up thanks for your kind reply I got it now :)
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing the walking dead no man's land." (qtn. from George B. Shaw)
    Shut_Up
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I did ok on the weekend event for radios and gas
    I think I had about 30 radios before the event started
    188 gas and probably about 60-70 radios this weekend

SpacemanSpiff
  • sandman7sandman7 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2016
    looks like some of you guys have been very lucky, while others (myself included) have not been. played throughout the entire herd event and barely received any radios. I probably had a total of 10-15 radios during the event....very weak
  • @arrowsparrow same frustration I'm having, I have only gotten three radios throughout that herd event! Talk about bad streak! And I hardly get radios on those boxes either! that must be some kind of glitch or something! Lol
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I ended up with 25 radios for the entire event including crates and walkers at the wall.
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Wow this is so different from eachother. I got about 25 during the Herd this weekend. And today so far I got three. But only played for two hours total or so. Seems really random
    I had 6 from the wall during the event... So, yeah... Not good...

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    30 radios at the start of the event - 98 at the end
    120 radios now today playing the challenges
    Not sure what is happening, but it needs to continue