Weekend Event- Double XP and 5 sec equipment upgrade time

Comments

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    PR0DJ said:

Anyway they should increase gear-drop-rate first so we have decent gear to upgrade.

Ich have plenty of underlevelled gear...and just thinned out my survivors. I´m well sorted in XP :wink:
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 655
    Their job ad says they experiment on us, as much as i would like to i wont be buying gas as it seems to me like an experiment on how to get us spending again. If we fall for this nothing will change and they've a ready way to get into our wallets next time.
    So for me 2xXP for the regular gas is 2x a little XP. For next games its still 2x nothing.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    InvaderMizTy
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Free XP is always welcome :-)
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    JackBauer said:

@DLich I recommended inside our guild the "Inside and Out" for farming. There are constantly coming fatties all the time from left and right top. Unfortunately I'm already over the point of "no return" at this challenge mission where I can't farm it anymore on weekend.

I can confirm that I just got 40k+ XP from Inside and Out on RSL 15. Got only two stars because didn't dodge one 23 lvl motherfucker, but it's ok for farming with double xp.
  • FourthstormFourthstorm Member Posts: 25
    wohoo, great event. double xp and gas booster here I come!
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423

Might want to pull up on the wohoo @Fourthstorm ....boosters have been disabled for the event. Plus, if you're not aware there is a spending boycott going on with NG. Peruse a few of the threads and catch up.
    PR0DJInvaderMelaniex
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    I like this event. Much better than last one lol
    MizTy
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Amiga you xp monster. Not getting the gas- and xp booster before the event starts?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Conan1976 said:

@Amiga you xp monster. Not getting the gas- and xp booster before the event starts?

You can't. They are disabled for the event.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited July 2016
    @TroubleMan that's not entirely true.

Event starts tomorrow at 7am UTC. It's possible to purchase the double XP booster right now (which would imply it will last 24 hours). It was announced by @Teeceezy that it will be removed from the shop during the event.

As we all know during expected version upgrades they are removed from the shop 24 hours in advance. So I'm led to believe it's possible to get double if purchased now through the event start and will last 24 hours.

Gas will remain all weekend of people want to purchase.

.... So if someone bought now it'll last until 5:30pm est Friday. Event starts at 3am est Friday that would mean 14.5 hours of quadruple XP.

Unless the intent by NG is to null the purchase bonus after it starts it's possible to have both :smile:

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • FourthstormFourthstorm Member Posts: 25

Might want to pull up on the wohoo @Fourthstorm ....boosters have been disabled for the event. Plus, if you're not aware there is a spending boycott going on with NG. Peruse a few of the threads and catch up.
    I disagree on the spending boycott.
    It is NG's game. You are merely a user playing their game. If you don't agree on their ticket quantity for heroes: dont buy em. Problem solved.
    TroubleManantPR0DJNecroboogieAnnette578LightfeetCapletonJaden

I disagree on the spending boycott.
    It is NG's game. You are merely a user playing their game. If you don't agree on their ticket quantity for heroes: dont buy em. Problem solved.
    Actually, I'm just a number to be manipulated by the game analyst they are hiring. I'm not buying anything. As far as you go, spend away.

Melaniex
    DLich said:

@TroubleMan that's not entirely true.

Unless the intent by NG is to null the purchase bonus after it starts it's possible to have both :smile:

Well according to the TOS that would be like totally ethical and responsible, so who knows?

DLichAnnette578
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    JackBauer said:

Don't buy gas boosters, just do entry point outpost raiding. Only 2 gas and a lots of fatties who will give a lot of XP.

But no crate rewards
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited July 2016
    Double Post
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    @painclasher You might or might not have the answer, but does equipment scrap get 2xp?
    General_Pain
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    @SlowMo 2x XP does not apply to equipment scrapping according to announcement made by @Teeceezy here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13500/weekend-event-5-second-upgrade-times-double-xp#latest

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,397
    edited July 2016
    @Dale don't forget about gold bundles man , that's is a literal gold mine for them from many P2P players. Radio bundles as well , but I think most have wised up about them. What you are saying isn't wrong , there's just more to it than equipment and limited one-time bundle purchases
  • kennyszetokennyszeto Member Posts: 19
    why the weekend event is not started yet ??
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    edited July 2016
    Small delay I believe...
    5 sec update on.. but I'm not sure about xp
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 226
    edited July 2016
    Upgrade time is 5 sec. I'm still on 2xp booster, but the scrap values are not doubled.
    Edit: my mistake, the value is doubled, it's just not displayed before scrapping.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Scrap values aren't doubled despite claims by @painclasher. We did however add double XP from mission rewards. Enjoy the weekend folks!
    General_Pain
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @kennyszeto a couple more hours yet
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Dale

We need to remember to tag the new hire
    @NewAnalyticsRatGroupB
    [Deleted User]
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I am not getting double mission reward for XP missions. Yes I restarted and checked.
    MelaniexAnnette578la_ll64
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 119
    @Shut_Up yes, same here
    MelaniexAnnette578
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for letting us know. We'll investigate.
    General_Pain
  • OliverfelixOliverfelix Member Posts: 64
    I enjoy your 2x supplies/tomatoes event. Hahaha
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    No double XP for scrap - is no event but crap.
    Madi[Deleted User]MelaniexAnnette578