Working Together To Repair The Game...NML Guild Council Intent

Comments

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @tammy.... Please, please, please keep posting your opinions... You are passionate about this game...

The your opinions are of value...

xxxoooxxx
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

InspTurbinesMizTy[Deleted User]
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @tammy

Thanks darling!! I didn't honestly think you were trying to offend me...I just get a lot of people questioning my or the GC's efforts and motives...and if those not privy saw what we were doing they would understand we're not doing this for "fun"...so I tend to get a bit defensive.

My point was not to say the game with Luck in it's current form is "faulty"...and yes bullet dodge is the most likely impetus for the possible Luck change is but it's not going anywhere...I just find that there is no logical reason to have 60% dodge

Who is more likely to burn out...the high level player running repeatables over and over because of 60% dodge or a new/mid level player...I personally would rather see friends like @spartan912 and @JVC_TWD (just examples guys lol) stick around than possibly burn out due to mind-numbing endless repetition

And like @Japes87 has said the ideal solution would be to only have the Luck change affect Outposts but nothing else...I just don't know how feasible this is...I understand coding more than most and don't see this happening...hope I'm wrong

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    InspTurbines[Deleted User]JVC_TWD
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    I personally Also freaked out after hearing About THE luck nerf... But if iT is implemented in months time ill have enough time to replace THE weapons i have now with ones with out luck. Ill neef new weapons than anyways....
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Goooooooooooo @tammy :wink:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    tammyMizTymongo911
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 672
    From @nadecir 's post: "For example, Next Games could remove luck from all reward weapons now, to prevent the double luck stacking of player and weapon attributes in the future."

I really hope they don't do this. What about survivors that don't have the luck trait? I thought I read a mod's post somewhere that said the plan was to use either the survivor's luck trait OR the weapon's, whichever is highest. That would be the fairest way to do it, if there is such a thing as a fair way to retroactively damage so many players' games.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

tammyblynknz
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @tammy, yes I totally get that. In part I was replying to a post about perspective, and that was why I spent the thumb typing time to explain my playstyle. I have the same opposition as you, but for different reasons, and with much less skin in the game, so to speak. Also, I understand that guild oriented play is much different in perspective anyway. It has to do with attractiveness of the style. If I came to this game with a network of friends or developed one through the game, my perspective would be different as I would be motivated to not let guildmates down. The basic appeal of that playstyle is not there, as challenge rewards have been meh from the beginning. So why post? Because it's a different perspective, and lets people know an underrepresented (I would assume, in a guild council) viewpoint has arrived at the same conclusion through an entirely different route. And that although I will be affected only incidentally and marginally by the change, I with you and speaking up.
    1RisMizTyInspTurbines
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @GrimGael

I know...I get it...it's just all so freaking messed up...I wanna kill my zombies the best I can :(

Or..like I suggested, and @OldGoth agreed it was an interesting idea, let meeeee be a zombie!!! Give us a choice of survivor or zombie....extra bite and scratch traits...fire zombies...explosive sauna zombies...

A new toy like that would make me happy again :smile:

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    InspTurbinesMizTy
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Er, no. That would be Warm Bodies: The Game. And I get to be Rob Corddry--dibs @tammy.
    The TWD universe is all about not walking that road until the bitter end. There's no development path there.
    [Deleted User]
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    They could be smart zombies like in I am legend :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,243
    @Japes87 Thanks for the update. This is digressing a bit from the main point, but I saw you mention it so I wanted to comment: I don't think it stacks with threat reduction. My Scout has 30% luck and gold (50%) threat reduction, yet in a few dozen missions (small sample size, I know), it seems like it's only working every other kill.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    I'm concerned that being able to play the exploration missions for XPs will b changed. I really haven't seen it mentioned unless the "lower level miision grinds" is what u mean. My players r level 15 & 16 and now is when all the upgrades for them and their weapons r up to 500k. Without those side missions on my current episode (and the lower one) my upgrading would come to a screeching halt. My little guild only gets to 600 stars so TGs aren't a lot. Luck is a fantastic trait that I love but isn't my biggest worry. I'm just starting serious upgrades to armour now that my weapons r as good as I'll get and need for awhile.
    Guild Council please remember what its like working up to level 19 without opening your wallet and looking forward to the surprise of opening that next mission that you know nothing about.
    Put in a good word for us and what we need, we would really appreciate it.
    Thank you to all of you for working on making the game better and also passing on tips to those of us that r still learning <3
    MizTyDeeLHC
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @soggybottoms I think they will be making some changes to the side missions, but they will not be removed. They will be restructured in some way (rewards. etc,- I hope they also mean content). For sure they need some change. I am so bored with them after 6 months without a change that I don't even bother doing them anymore even though I need to grind to upgrade my survivors to lvl 19(840k+ xp), and I need to upgrade some gear from 17 to 20 (don't even want to think about the cost).

Low level mission grind refers to the challenges resetting to level 3 each week.
    soggybottomsMizTy
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @GuildCouncil
    A little over a month ago many guilds & independent players banded together & closed our wallets in support for what you are trying to do to help steer the direction of the game & prioritize the updates. (Many thanks!) o:)

How's the spending going? Are ppl who are supporting your efforts still not buying phones & bundles, etc? (I guess I'm asking cause I forsee tomorrow's temptation lurking on the horizon) >:)
    tammyInspTurbines
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited August 2016

@nadecir, I agree with most of what you stated. I would add, that any changes in the game should be made in the announcement section of the game. Not here in the forums, FB, or Twitter. It should be easily accessible to all and transparent. Otherwise, it looks like they are trying to hide something whether this was their intention or not.

Definitely a good idea, yet players still post in the forums with questions already answered 3 times in the Announcements section, another 98 times in the General section, and 155 more times in various other sections of the forums. lol :(
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    @theRealBender, you are correct sir. Also, I should clarify that the announcement section that I was referring to wasn't in the forum, but rather the news tab in game.
    theRealBender
    @SlickRick @jester @Japes87
    Spending freeze? (See above)
    Thx for getting back to me, slicky ricky. Much appreciated

I just want to do all that I can to support your efforts. :p
    InspTurbinesSlickRickLadyAquila
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    MizTy said:

Could someone lend me some gold?

Would you take 14 "gold" pieces of equipment two levels below what I need?
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    MizTyi812many
This discussion has been closed.